Td Is A Moron: Asleep At The Wheel.

Big Rob 64

Michael Bush signed with Chicago. Out-frikking-standing. So now we have no option to turn to if Turner hits the wall or just gets hurt. Bush is a runner with power, speed, good hands, and a willingness/ability to block or pick up blitzes.

Now all we have is Turner. 30 years old, high-mileage, one-dimensional. And utterly nothing but specialty backs behind him. Snelling will be our FB, so Jaquizz, Antone Smith, and some meatbag scrub I've never heard of will be our options.

We might as well, just call this season off and sit it out. TD has done nothing to help us field better players this upcoming season. Instead we are actually deteriorating.

Pathetic.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really on the guys who didnt draft Bush back in the Day, McKay/Pet., not TD!

I want the best,

Bradshaw,

last year,

This year,

McFadden is best avail for trade

Sux ,

but atleast,

we dont face the Bears this year!

Snelling can do some damage though,

I like Smith(Fast) and we got Nance back from GB.

I would like to Bring back

Jerious Norwood too!

Let them all fight it out

Michael Bush signed with Chicago. Out-frikking-standing. So now we have no option to turn to if Turner hits the wall or just gets hurt. Bush is a runner with power, speed, good hands, and a willingness/ability to block or pick up blitzes.

Now all we have is Turner. 30 years old, high-mileage, one-dimensional. And utterly nothing but specialty backs behind him. Snelling will be our FB, so Jaquizz, Antone Smith, and some meatbag scrub I've never heard of will be our options.

We might as well, just call this season off and sit it out. TD has done nothing to help us field better players this upcoming season. Instead we are actually deteriorating.

Pathetic.

I was a fan of Bush when he got drafted in the third round years back, I thought he would have been a good pickup for us then. So yeah this is one that has me scratching my head too.

Thing is even with Bush, we would still need upgrades on our O line. I hear Hawley is much better than advertised so maybe all we need now for sure is a LT. Until we get one we could have Earl Campbell in his prime back there and still not get more than 3.5 yards per carry.

One observation: we had all those guys in contract years, last season. Usually players have one of thier best years when thier contracts are due to be up. But I cannot think of one that had one of his best years. Yet TD is re-signing them as if the Falcons simply have them instead of better players that are on the market. What the heck is going on?

It's possible that the Falcons are working on deals for Grimes and possibly Lofton (assuming he doesn't sign elsewhere), and they could be working on a restructure for Matt Ryan's contract so they can free cap space. There's still a chance that they make another draft day trade so they can get a first round pick.

This team right now is better than the 13-3 season team and the draft is still a month away. I'll hold off on making judgment calls until after I see what the new offensive and defensive schemes look like.

RBs are a dime a doze, we could easily find five that would put up the same production in the latter rounds of the draft.

I hear this said over and over -- So why does Atl keep winding up with

Thomas Brown, Allen Stecker, Vernon Haynes, Antone Smith, Gartrell Johnson and Dmitri Nance

Now all we have is Turner.

Pathetic.

NO..........it's you that is pathetic with this comment. I can tell your off your meds again.

TD has already made his splash this offseason....that's the signing of the new coordinators.

Apparently they think the talent level is good enough now and that we just need new schemes to get us over the top.

Yes, I think you are correct. We could be in for a long 2012-2013 season.

TD has already made his splash this offseason....that's the signing of the new coordinators.

Apparently they think the talent level is good enough now and that we just need new schemes to get us over the top.

They are wrong. Our talent level is lower than the Canadian military budget.

the-canadian-army-canada-demotivational-poster-1264796044.jpg

Yes, I think you are correct. We could be in for a long 2012-2013 season.

It could be but you never know. If we play every team this year and they are fairly healthy then we might not make it to the playoffs. This is one of those years we need luck and unfortunate outcomes to happen to other teams to get by. We already have the Saints taking a big blow before the season even started so that's a start.....

REALLY, what about Snelling, what about Rodgers. TD is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing. Getting ready for the draft to sure up our only glaring weakness, THE O LINE.

Snelling will be our FB after cutting Ovie.

Jaquizz is a change-of-pace back: nothing more.

How exactly is TD going to shore up the o-line in the draft? You're not going to find a bona fide sure-fire LT in the rounds where we have picks. Could we find a talentless project that needs years of coaching? Possibly. But TD has failed miserably at finding those thus far; that is precisely why we have a glaringly horrendous o-line in the first place!!! What makes you think he will find one now?