Falcons Met With Qb Dominique Davis

Falcons | Met with Dominique Davis

Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:10:49 -0700

The Atlanta Falcons met with East Carolina QB Dominique Davis at his Pro Day. Davis measured in at 6-foot-3, 211 pounds and recorded a 4.48-second 40-yard dash and a 36-inch vertical jump.

Anyone know much about this guy?

Falcons | Met with Dominique Davis

Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:10:49 -0700

The Atlanta Falcons met with East Carolina QB Dominique Davis at his Pro Day. Davis measured in at 6-foot-3, 211 pounds and recorded a 4.48-second 40-yard dash and a 36-inch vertical jump.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/...1#ixzz1puSvsJyS

Anyone know much about this guy?

Personally I'd go with RG3 but this guy sounds intriguing.

Doing the due diligence. Got to turn over every rock, and check behind every bush. This is one kid I have heard nothing about. The type of player the falcons love to pick. Small school, good grades, clean nose, 4 year starter. And most importantly, flexible enough to play multiple positions.

Guest Negatorris

He ran a 4.4... Could be a developed into a solid backup.

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT 2011 334 494 3225 67.6 6.53 84 25 19 24 131.5 37 16 15 134.0

I liked him at times early. His accuracy reminded me of a young Warren Moon. His arm strength was good as well. His issue is consistency and he still need to develop as a QB. If a team is willing to develop him, he could be a stud depending on the personnel.

Him and Jacory Harris both are low floor/extremely high potential guys. Usually these type of guys never get a chance or they play too early and never achieve anything. Sometimes like Tony Romo and some others, they do. Unlike JPW, he's worth a spot due to his potential. He can get better but he's still raw. He plays off natural ability, not with his brain. When you can transfer that like Warner, Romo, and some others did, you can become a special QB.

Him and Jacory Harris both are low floor/extremely high potential guys. Usually these type of guys never get a chance or they play too early and never achieve anything. Sometimes like Tony Romo and some others, they do. Unlike JPW, he's worth a spot due to his potential. He can get better but he's still raw. He plays off natural ability, not with his brain. When you can transfer that like Warner, Romo, and some others did, you can become a special QB.

Sounds like a good fit for a 3rd QB

Wild cat maybe?

He doesn't play as fast as a 4.48 to be honest. He is really a guy who loves the pocket, think D.J. Stockey with more height, same arm, better accuracy, but not as polished or as elusive. I personally think D.J. never recovered from the injury the year Vick went to jail. He had the talent to be a decent NFL QB, nothing special but he wasn't far from someone like Josh Johnson or Troy Smith.

My big issues with Davis is:

Throwing motion

His release could sharpen up

His footwork, it's awful, then again, RGIII had awful footwork in his Soph(RS) year and changed it.

I really don't like his footwork, watching the Navy highlights reminded me again why I dropped him from my top 10. He was doing that all season, throwing without setting his feet. Part of the reason he was so inconsistent.

consistency, it could be due to his footwork.

His deep ball could add some touch to it.

Has a tendency to rely to much of his arm when it's not that great as say someone like Matt Stafford

What I like:

He generally hit WR's in stride

He's extremely accurate.

GAMER - He stepped it up when the competition was at it's highest.

Good athlete

His deep ball looks solid, could use more touch.

Really good in playaction.

Really has improved from his time at BC, I always seen the talent but he came into college extremely raw. He really improved. Not to RGIII or Cam's level of course but to become a NFL prospect is an accomplishment.

He has a lot of potential but his floor is very low. He could be overwhelmed early on by the NFL but in a year or two could be a stud in practice like a Tony Romo.

He really need time fellas, then again, we give him the same amount of time as we gave JPW and Shockey, he could be much better than both combined. He actually has real talent but it will take some years. I like what we are doing in scouting. I like LaDarius Green from UL more than Orson Charles. Green really is a heck of a route runner and a great athlete for a TE. Charles is darn good but I am not sold on him.

Here's an article of Davis which is also an interview:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1074111-interview-with-ecu-qb-dominique-davis-i-have-the-biggest-upside-in-the-draft

I was impressed by his video. He kind of reminded me of Vick and his ability to scramble when the pocket begins to collapse. He also has great ball control on long passes keeping the ball in a catchable zone. A talent that Ryan has problems with. Stop and think how many times the pocket closed on Ryan and he also collapsed. With this guy breathing down Ryans back, it should be the spark that gets Ryan back to his form that he used to have. If not.................too bad for Ryan.