I Feel Bad For Tebow

Falcanuck

In College, he was great to watch. Won the BCS National Championship in his first year, Heisman in his second, another BCS win in his third and unbelievably a 70% completion percentage in his fourth year (along with almost 1000 yards rushing). The guy was one of the most memorable College QBs of the last few decades.

Draft day comes. He is passed over by almost every team in the league until finally a not-so-good-team like the Broncos said: "***k it, we've got nothing to lose."

On the Broncos he was basically just a body in camp. Never really thought of the "franchise player", and I guess rightfully so. His mechanics do suck, his delivery takes longer than a Chinese Restaurant's and he probably does lack the instincts that a true QB needs.

However, what he doesn't lack is heart, determination and great leadership abilities. Even while stuck on the bench behind Orton he would get his team mates pumped up. He would still pray. He would still "Tebow".

Once Orton got ran out of Denver it was Tebow's turn, and he took what once was a 1-4 "rebuilding" franchise to the playoffs.... Where they beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first round... All the while, he was constantly getting criticized for every little thing he did wrong by anyone who thought they knew what the "right" way to play QB was (Elway).

Now, Denver has brought in Manning. While that is great for their organization, why did that automatically mean the banishment of the "face" of your team (I don't care what anyone says. Tebow WAS the Denver Broncos)? Keep him around, let him learn, let him play in other positions. The guy runs like Peyton Hillis.... He can play FB/RB/TE...

Anyways, he was traded for peanuts and is now on a team with the worst locker room/coach in the league. Basically he was brought in to be the team shrink. Players like Cromartie have already stated they don't want him there and Namath is already on the guy's case. If it wasn't bad enough already, he will be 2nd on the depth chart behind the worst QB in the NFL, Mark Sanchez (and has to wear one of the worst uniforms i've ever seen).

I feel for you Tebow, I really do. If you were right-handed you wouldn't get this much hate.

Edited by Falcanuck

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In College, he was great to watch. Won the BCS National Championship in his first year, Heisman in his second, another BCS win in his third and unbelievably a 70% completion percentage in his fourth year (along with almost 1000 yards rushing). The guy was one of the most memorable College QBs of the last few decades.

Draft day comes. He is passed over by almost every team in the league until finally a not-so-good-team like the Broncos said: "***k it, we've got nothing to lose."

On the Broncos he was basically just a body in camp. Never really thought of the "franchise player", and I guess rightfully so. His mechanics do suck, his delivery takes longer than a Chinese Restaurant's and he probably does lack the instincts that a true QB needs.

However, what he doesn't lack is heart, determination and great leadership abilities. Even while stuck on the bench behind Orton he would get his team mates pumped up. He would still pray. He would still "Tebow".

Once Orton got ran out of Denver it was Tebow's turn, and he took what once was a 1-4 "rebuilding" franchise to the playoffs.... Where they beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first round... All the while, he was constantly getting criticized for every little thing he did wrong by anyone who thought they knew what the "right" way to play QB was (Elway).

Now, Denver has brought in Manning. While that is great for their organization, why did that automatically mean the banishment of the once "face" of your team (I don't care what anyone says. Tebow WAS the Denver Broncos)? Keep him around, let him learn, let him play in other positions. The guy runs like Peyton Hillis.... He can play FB/RB/TE...

Anyways, he was traded for peanuts and is now on a team with the worst locker room/coach in the league. Basically he was brought in to be the team shrink. Players like Cromartie have already stated they don't want him there and Namath is already on the guy's case. If it wasn't bad enough already, he will be 2nd on the depth chart behind the worst QB in the NFL, Mark Sanchez (and has to wear one of the worst uniforms i've ever seen).

I feel for you Tebow, I really do. If you were right-handed you wouldn't get this much hate.

I'm not really sure if you're being sarcastic or not - we are sort of already discussing this in another thread, but to your topic ... it is a bit underhanded the way he has been handled, just don't expect too many to agree. Most people have become overexposed through media and thus despise Tebow for something that he has had nothing to do with (in terms of projecting his image). The guy works hard and makes a real impact in the world and I respect that, and it has inspired me to be a better person ... I just feel bad that he has been treated this way, but Tebow will persevere and make the best of his situation, and that is the sentiment we should all strive for.

I'm not really sure if you're being sarcastic or not - we are sort of already discussing this in another thread, but to your topic ... it is a bit underhanded the way he has been handled, just don't expect too many to agree. Most people have become overexposed through media and thus despise Tebow for something that he has had nothing to do with (in terms of projecting his image). The guy works hard and makes a real impact in the world and I respect that, and it has inspired me to be a better person ... I just feel bad that he has been treated this way, but Tebow will persevere and make the best of his situation, and that is the sentiment we should all strive for.

There is a bit of sarcasm going on, but seriously, I feel bad for Tebow as a person, not a football player. The guy gets treated like dirt and just takes it in stride, smiles, whispers "god bless" and moves on. It's amazing.

There is a bit of sarcasm going on, but seriously, I feel bad for Tebow as a person, not a football player. The guy gets treated like dirt and just takes it in stride, smiles, whispers "god bless" and moves on. It's amazing.

I sensed some, but I agree it is amazing and just think if everyone in the world had that same attitude and willpower

I don't feel bad for him. His overtly pious behavior got him a lot more attention and money than a lot of other highly accomplished college QBs ever got.

There are clips of audio all over sports talk radio here in Denver of John Elway saying: "Tebo was involved in the decision making throughout the day of the trade." I know he did not ask to be traded but he chose to go to the big NY market instead of pleasing his fans and returning home to Fla where he had a better shot at the starting job right away. I just don't get why tebo is regarded as a much better than so many other great character players in the league.

If Tim Tebo was treated poorly why didnt you guys have posts discussing how "Peyton Manning is being treated like crap!" posts when he was cut. IMO Peyton deserved special treatment if anybody did in this situation. Peyton is no worse a person than Tim except Peyton has actually been a great Qb.

Edited by Atlfanstckndenver

Brian Dawkins@BrianDawkins

@TimTebow, I wanna thank u, 4 wht u helped us do last year. On the field & off! I have NO doubt that u will B a blessing 4 the Jets!

Retweeted by Adam Schefter

that shows you what kind of guy Tebow is. The people hating on him in the NFL are the ones that don't like the standard he sets morally

He's not treated that badly. For everyone that says he can't throw, there are 30 cult members washing his feet.

He had a choice to go to Jacskonville and get the national spotlight off of him, and he chose to go to the biggest media market in the world. He wants the attention, he wants the exposure. He is perfectly willing to be a team desvastating distraction if it means he can get a starting job in place with the most exposure possible.

Sorry, but I refuse to feel sorry for a millionaire that is treated like he's more than human.

You'd think going to a team to be the back up or "wildcat" QB is the equivalent of getting nailed to the cross.

Dude you do what you want. Im being logical here. Its sincerely fascinating to me that this guy has people drooling over "how good a guy he is." I seriously could not care less what you think of my posts as you've proven yourself plenty naive. Its like trying to debate evolution with a fundamental christian. Its just not gonna go anywhere.

He's not treated that badly. For everyone that says he can't throw, there are 30 cult members washing his feet.

He had a choice to go to Jacskonville and get the national spotlight off of him, and he chose to go to the biggest media market in the world. He wants the attention, he wants the exposure. He is perfectly willing to be a team desvastating distraction if it means he can get a starting job in place with the most exposure possible.

Sorry, but I refuse to feel sorry for a millionaire that is treated like he's more than human.

You'd think going to a team to be the back up or "wildcat" QB is the equivalent of getting nailed to the cross.

I don't appreciate the continued religious slams. I would qualify that as inappropriate. Tebow simply thanks God, he never asked for any of the hooplah or irrational people to overreact

I find your post VERY funny. :D

Dude you do what you want. Im being logical here. Its sincerely fascinating to me that this guy has people drooling over "how good a guy he is." I seriously could not care less what you think of my posts as you've proven yourself plenty naive. Its like trying to debate evolution with a fundamental christian. Its just not gonna go anywhere.

there's a difference between obstinate and ignorant. I never said he was a great QB, I said he was a great person and doesn't deserve to be treated in an underhanded manner or be subject to so much hatred and negativity - and I believe he is, show me a reason why he is not.

Finally some sense in this debate from others!!!!!!!! I completely agree. It seems this topic always separates those who think objectively with their Brains and those who follow blindly eating whats force fed to them. For example these guys just don't believe that tebo would Lie?? lol are you kidding me??? Come on people.... There are Elway audio clips regarding the trade that directly contradict Tebo when he said he didn't have any influence in the trade. Its just amazing what stubbornness this guy brings out of people.

Its these types of fans that make it hard to root for a guy like this. The extreme fans that are sooo adamant in their defense of this guy (and unrealistic) and so extreme that it almost forces you to the opposite end of the spectrum if for no other reason just to not be like them.

Finally some sense in this debate from others!!!!!!!! I completely agree. It seems this topic always separates those who think objectively with their Brains and those who follow blindly eating whats force fed to them. For example these guys just don't believe that tebo would Lie?? lol are you kidding me??? Come on people.... There are Elway audio clips regarding the trade that directly contradict Tebo when he said he didn't have any influence in the trade. Its just amazing what stubbornness this guy brings out of people.

Its these types of fans that make it hard to root for a guy like this. The extreme fans that are sooo adamant in their defense of this guy (and unrealistic) and so extreme that it almost forces you to the opposite end of the spectrum if for no other reason just to not be like them.

thats a nonsensical sentiment. It's like saying I don't think i'll breathe today because that annoying guy is doing it

I don't appreciate the continued religious slams. I would qualify that as inappropriate. Tebow simply thanks God, he never asked for any of the hooplah or irrational people to overreact

If tebo was all about his relationship with god and that relationship exclusively he wouldnt make such a public affair of it. Even the Bible promotes praying to God privately and not making a show of it.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." MATTHEW 6:5-6

This illustrates my point perfectly. Its a direct quote from the book of Matthew in the bible.

Edited by Atlfanstckndenver

thats a nonsensical sentiment. It's like saying I don't think i'll breathe today because that annoying guy is doing it

Why is it non sensible to not want to be blind and illogical in making my personal opinions? I respect objectively approaching a subject and viewing with non filtered lenses. THIS IS NON SENSIBLE??? lol do you hear yourself?

He is a good leader on the field and a good guy off the field. I like Tebow. He just can't play QB in the NFL. He is awful at the QB position. I blame the media mainly ESPN for hyping him up so much. He should have gone to the Jaguars instead of the Jets. It is going to be a mess up there in NY. The Jets are a joke and I see why the Giants are the favorite football in NY.

If tebo was all about his relationship with god and that relationship exclusively he wouldnt make such a public affair of it. Even the Bible promotes praying to God privately and not making a show of it.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." MATTHEW 6:5-6

This illustrates my point perfectly. Its a direct quote from the book of Matthew in the bible.

Therefore I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the nations, and I will sing praises to Your name ... 2 Sam 22:50.

we can quote scripture all day. but I appreciate a very sound argument on your part - things in religion are always to be interpreted differently, that is why there are 37 versions of the bible in English - all differing in certain ways. I do not care what religion Tebow is, I respect him for the good things he does, whoevers name they are in

Why is it non sensible to not want to be blind and illogical in making my personal opinions? I respect objectively approaching a subject and viewing with non filtered lenses. THIS IS NON SENSIBLE??? lol do you hear yourself?

You just compared the necessity of breathing to blindly following an entity without any objectivity what so ever. You may wanna stop here....