Crowell For Heisman!

stumpjumper

Crowell has goals and they include helping the team win a lot of games and to win the Heisman. I hope he achieves both. He has put in the work so far this year to show he really is ready to make a huge impact and this young man toughed it out and tried to play on an ankle last year that had ligament damage. His teammates saw that and that gained their respect.

It would be nice to have a Bulldog at least in the conversation. If Crowell keeps up the hard work and continues to improve I think that's a realistic goal in a year or two.

Murray is number two behind Barkley on ESPN's preseason hiesman voting, so right now we have two in our AFF Heisman conversation lol

Crowell has goals and they include helping the team win a lot of games and to win the Heisman. I hope he achieves both. He has put in the work so far this year to show he really is ready to make a huge impact and this young man toughed it out and tried to play on an ankle last year that had ligament damage. His teammates saw that and that gained their respect.

After last year, I never thought I would see Isaiah Crowell and "toughed it out" in the same sentence. Incredible talent but, to me, those kind of comments put a bullseye on your back that he does not need going into his Sophomore season. Just my thoughts.

After last year, I never thought I would see Isaiah Crowell and "toughed it out" in the same sentence. Incredible talent but, to me, those kind of comments put a bullseye on your back that he does not need going into his Sophomore season. Just my thoughts.

Im kinda with you crimson. I wasnt impressed with how long he stayed on the field his freshman year. NOW before anybody jumps on me, he could have been hurt badly and playing through the pain. I don't know. I have heard reports that he was hurt, but I would like to see him play the majority of the year this year and maybe talk about winning the heisman next year. If he does it this year then that would be AMAZING, but I think he should aim for staying healthy all year and having enough endurance to stay onthe field, so that he can show how truly talented he is

Edited by scottp12

maybe the part of he played with ligement damage in his ankle didn't register with some It got more painful for him as the season went on and fortunately for him he was able to recover from it without requiring surgery. After knowing what he played with he did indeed tough it out. I disagree with you on him being a target due to making a comment that he wants to make a run to win the Heisman. Some opposing fans want to make it out for more than it is kinda of liking making something out of nothing last year with the jersey number. He is already a target being the #1 RB in the country and the associated hype and attention that comes along with that, not to mention the freshman awards and accolades he received.

maybe the part of he played with ligement damage in his ankle didn't register with some It got more painful for him as the season went on and fortunately for him he was able to recover from it without requiring surgery. After knowing what he played with he did indeed tough it out. I disagree with you on him being a target due to making a comment that he wants to make a run to win the Heisman. Some opposing fans want to make it out for more than it is kinda of liking making something out of nothing last year with the jersey number. He is already a target being the #1 RB in the country and the associated hype and attention that comes along with that, not to mention the freshman awards and accolades he received.

What game was it that Crowell injuried his ankle Sac?

he hurt his ankle earlier in the year, but the injury was even made worse in the kentucky game where he went out after 2 plays with a bad hit to his ankle.

Thanks man! I didn't remember them every saying anything about it until the UK game. I was thinking that it was just his rib and wrist keeping him out during the early part of the season

This synopsis from DawgPost after a game last year pretty well reflects the general perception of Isaiah Crowell among opposing fans and at least this Georgia fan (Note: I have edited to make family friendly):

Isaiah Crowell - From this moment on, I will refer to Isaiah Crowell as P---y Crowell. Why? Because Isaiah Crowell is a p---y. You could use other words... pansy, weak, soft, glass-ankled... but none of the sums up quite so nicely the reputation he has built through his actions this season as "p---y."

Some might claim that Crowell has been hobbled by a bum ankle since the second week of the season. To that contention I would respond by asking why he hasn't been held out of games to recover? Georgia's medical staff is not incompetent enough to clear a running back to play who is so injured that he literally can't play more than one play from scrimmage without having to limp off to the sidelines.

When he has come out of games, he hasn't been continually receiving treatment on the medical table or having surgery during the week to fix a problem... they just let him hobble off along the sidelines claming his ankle hurts too much to go in the game. That means his problem isn't with his ankle... it's with his head and his heart.

Or, in other words, he's just a p---y who doesn't like to get hit and can't play with a little pain like the other 99% of his compatriots on the football team have to do. So until further notice, just like the Bond villain, our offensive villain who weakens us at every turn is named P---y. P---y Crowell.

This synopsis from DawgPost after a game last year pretty well reflects the general perception of Isaiah Crowell among opposing fans and at least this Georgia fan (Note: I have edited to make family friendly):

Isaiah Crowell - From this moment on, I will refer to Isaiah Crowell as P---y Crowell. Why? Because Isaiah Crowell is a p---y. You could use other words... pansy, weak, soft, glass-ankled... but none of the sums up quite so nicely the reputation he has built through his actions this season as "p---y."

Some might claim that Crowell has been hobbled by a bum ankle since the second week of the season. To that contention I would respond by asking why he hasn't been held out of games to recover? Georgia's medical staff is not incompetent enough to clear a running back to play who is so injured that he literally can't play more than one play from scrimmage without having to limp off to the sidelines.

When he has come out of games, he hasn't been continually receiving treatment on the medical table or having surgery during the week to fix a problem... they just let him hobble off along the sidelines claming his ankle hurts too much to go in the game. That means his problem isn't with his ankle... it's with his head and his heart.

Or, in other words, he's just a p---y who doesn't like to get hit and can't play with a little pain like the other 99% of his compatriots on the football team have to do. So until further notice, just like the Bond villain, our offensive villain who weakens us at every turn is named P---y. P---y Crowell.

Well the first problem w/ this is it's from DawgPost and 2nd every fan base has idiots. It's crazy to think any true freshman at running back can carry the load all season in the SEC. Lattimore is a freak and kids like that are special, as long as Crowell is in Red and Black I'll always support him. Expecting him to be the best RB in the country as a true freshman is just stupid.

Well the first problem w/ this is it's from DawgPost and 2nd every fan base has idiots. It's crazy to think any true freshman at running back can carry the load all season in the SEC. Lattimore is a freak and kids like that are special, as long as Crowell is in Red and Black I'll always support him. Expecting him to be the best RB in the country as a true freshman is just stupid.

Just giving you the outside perception -- the synopsis above is obviously harsh but, conversely, I do think some of the "injuries" got in his head a season ago and, based on what I saw, I would be hesitant to call him a "tough guy." As I have already mentioned, kid is an incredible talent and I expect him to be much improved this year.

yep. that really is a extremely poor and trollish post period. that is a fan who doesn't have a clue what was wrong with crowell and thus reacting. every fan base have fans who are idiots, but that doesn't mean anything. my point remains about him toughing it out last year fighting through pain especially what was going on with his ankle. his teammates saw him fight through it and they were impressed with his toughness and they have defended him.

Dawgs need Isiah to have a great season. Better run game= better passing game, better pass protection, better TE play, longer breaks for the defense. If Isiah is a Heisman contender (not saying he will win, but we saw how dangerous he is when healthy), UGA will be something special.

Dawgs need Isiah to have a great season. Better run game= better passing game, better pass protection, better TE play, longer breaks for the defense. If Isiah is a Heisman contender (not saying he will win, but we saw how dangerous he is when healthy), UGA will be something special.

yep we do.

yep. that really is a extremely poor and trollish post period. that is a fan who doesn't have a clue what was wrong with crowell and thus reacting. every fan base have fans who are idiots, but that doesn't mean anything. my point remains about him toughing it out last year fighting through pain especially what was going on with his ankle. his teammates saw him fight through it and they were impressed with his toughness and they have defended him.

I remember a couple dawgs who werent too thrilled with Crowell. Our best two Dawgs on the whole team, Boykin and Jarvis jumped down his throat for slacking off repeatidly. I hope these reports are true, and I hope he has absolutly turned it around, but I don't think it would be "unfan-ly" of me to wait until midseason or so to see if he has actually changed or if his attitude is the same.

I really did think I saw a change in him at the end of the season, and I really hope that's what it was and that it carries over. I can't help but thinking that if we had whiffed at RB recruiting this year that it would be the same, and that is another HUGE reason I am glad we landed MArshall/Gurley. I really think we are going to have a solid RB core next year.

I pray that Theus and Beard can step in and occupy these two tackle sports. Haivng two established tackles will help our running game tremedously, but I can only pray our O-line shows a majorly vast improvement, because that will be the only thing that could hold us back this year IMO

I remember a couple dawgs who werent too thrilled with Crowell. Our best two Dawgs on the whole team, Boykin and Jarvis jumped down his throat for slacking off repeatidly. I hope these reports are true, and I hope he has absolutly turned it around, but I don't think it would be "unfan-ly" of me to wait until midseason or so to see if he has actually changed or if his attitude is the same.

I really did think I saw a change in him at the end of the season, and I really hope that's what it was and that it carries over. I can't help but thinking that if we had whiffed at RB recruiting this year that it would be the same, and that is another HUGE reason I am glad we landed MArshall/Gurley. I really think we are going to have a solid RB core next year.

I pray that Theus and Beard can step in and occupy these two guard sports. Haivng two established guards will help our running game tremedously, but I can only pray our O-line shows a majorly vast improvement, because that will be the only thing that could hold us back this year IMO

all fan bases have their idiots and that was an idiotic post that was put into this thread. of course we need to see it on the field. no one in this thread said otherwise (a gator created this thread btw not a dawg) and the new competition is great for the team. i am excited about rb depth we have and the additions on the oline along with getting kolton houston back.

I pray that Theus and Beard can step in and occupy these two tackle sports. Haivng two established tackles will help our running game tremedously, but I can only pray our O-line shows a majorly vast improvement, because that will be the only thing that could hold us back this year IMO

I think you are right on that the new recruits at RB will help push Crowell. Some of the fans may sugarcoat it but Crowell showed last year he has some growing up to do on and off the field. I don't think somebody is being a "bad fan" for simply pointing that out and taking a wait-and-see approach.

I hope the kid has big year, but I don't know that he will get enough touches to be a Heisman candidate. He needs to focus on being the best back on the team for a fullseason first. But I like the confidence though.

he didn't guarantee a heisman this year, he said he wants to win a heisman at uga (again this thread was created as a joke by a gator fan). i love his confidence, but he is a long shot from winning it this year with matt barkley playing for usc and his own qb is considered right behind matt for the heisman chances. however he can make a run for it if he plays up to his potential and gets some help from his oline. we are in a very good shot to have a great year on the field and be in the sec title hunt which means he will be in the spotlight and on espn. we all know that coverage is soo impt in winning the heisman..