Hypocrisy In The Nfl

SuperAINTSfan

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/new-orleans-saints-deserved-punishment-for-bounty-system-but-roger-goodell-and-nfl-havent-gone-far-enough/2012/03/21/gIQAn2bgSS_story.html

And if the NFL is so worried about paying millions to at least a dozen former players suing the league over its failure to protect them, where was the outrage two years ago when all the NFL did was warn the Saints about their bounty practices during the investigation? That it took the cover-up to enrage Goodell and make him slam his gavel down — not the actual discovery of a pay-for-pain program — says everything about a league that wants it both ways.

No doubt Goodell and the other owners , for the most part, wanted to sweep this under the rug. It's why they only gave the Saints a warning at first. A bounty program is bad for business, as it paints the NFL as nothing but a group of thugs.

That and, I'm sure they didn't have loads and loads of proof 2 years ago. You come at an organization with just hearsay and a few documents, and that gets twisted around and the players deny it. We all saw Sharper on tv when this story first broke.. he was denying it all like a mad man. It looked like Goodell waited so long in order to get all the evidence they needed...so there was no deniability for those involved.

Well, they lied, they were told to stop and continued, and then they lied again....

Which means the "everybody does it" excuse doesn't apply. He tried, repeatedly, to let the Saints off the hook even though the bounty program was coach organized and not just between players.

ok

Edited by SuperSK

meh....it is what it is

I truly think that this is just going to make the Saints play with a chip on their shoulder. The perception of 'everyone is out to get us' is a very powerful motivator even if the person is guilty of what they are being punished for

meh....it is what it is

I truly think that this is just going to make the Saints play with a chip on their shoulder. The perception of 'everyone is out to get us' is a very powerful motivator even if the person is guilty of what they are being punished for

Fine!!!!! Be all like logical and non crazy!!!! See if I care you fargin' icehole!

meh....it is what it is

Agreed! If they play with that attitude they should be fine.

Seems like the saints have been using all sorts of motivators since 09'...why not try the we got caught cheating motivator and punished for it motivator, as everyone is against the saints for cheating motivator for getting the team motivated...Yeah that's the ticket...LMAO

that may work.

Sucks for you if it does