What Has Ryan, Turner And White Done That No Other Team Has?

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci

BY THE NUMBERS: Matt Ryan, Michael Turner and Roddy White have accomplished what no other trio in NFL history has with 3-straight seasons of 3,000 yards passing, 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards receiving, respectively. What do you think they will accomplish in 2012?

And people say trade these guys.

Edit. I have been corrected. but they do have three season of doing this. and the only team I saw that did this, this year was the chargers and us. and they can get it this year and then it would be three straight.

Edited by Fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci

Me and my brother-in-law was talking about what teams this year had over 4000 passing by one guy and over 1500 rushing by one guy. The only other team that came close was the chargers. Kiss that brees, rodgers, brady, manning. Cause it looks like we know how to manage the ball. Sure you might have over 5000 in passing, but you lack a RB that cannot even break a thousand.

Me and my brother-in-law was talking about what teams this year had over 4000 passing by one guy and over 1500 rushing by one guy. The only other team that came close was the chargers. Kiss that brees, rodgers, brady, manning. Cause it looks like we know how to manage the ball. Sure you might have over 5000 in passing, but you lack a RB that cannot even break a thousand.

Saints were 6th in rushing, Falcons 17th. They had 4 RBs that they used effectively, not just one.

BY THE NUMBERS: Matt Ryan, Michael Turner and Roddy White have accomplished what no other trio in NFL history has with 3-straight seasons of 3,000 yards passing, 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards receiving, respectively. What do you think they will accomplish in 2012?

And people say trade these guys.

Manning, James and Harrison. They actually accomplished this "never done before feat"

why would you need a rb getting 1000 yards when you have a competent qb? The falcons were 9-1 last year when turner had 19+ rushes while we were 1-5 when ryan threw 40+ times. What qb you mentioned boasts such a pathetic dependence on a a running game for success?

Guest Fibonacci

thank you everyone for telling me to go check my stuff. I usually do, but I thought with it coming from Atlanta Falcons on facebook (who has seemed to always be right), was right. My bad. :)

any how, I did say they have three season. 2008, 2009, 2010.

and I bet it will happen again this year, but with an addition of Julio Jones. Jones was only 41 yards sigh.

Guest Fibonacci

why would you need a rb getting 1000 yards when you have a competent qb? The falcons were 9-1 last year when turner had 19+ rushes while we were 1-5 when ryan threw 40+ times. What qb you mentioned boasts such a pathetic dependence on a a running game for success?

SMH, at least we have an all around team. sure brees my have broke the passing record. but what did the rest of the team do? just wait and what your team will do without brees.

you have 15 million left in cap space. The taints already said they would give brees at the minimum 18.....well now you'll have to cut players. Just and FYI, brees want 23. and he deserves it, I highly agree with him being a great QB. no reason he should not get more then Peyton did. sure you can say he can be tagged, but tell me why you would play for 14 million one year, just to know they do it again. Yes I know it would raise up some, but he would still be under paid less then what he thinks he should be getting.

Y'alls D was never that good, and now they are going to be worse after these cuts. sure you can say IF (which I doubt based off the cap space) brees sticks around he can still put up numbers.....but ummmm they have been cutting a lot of the important offensive players.

Look do yourself a favor and go hide in the same cave that Peyton and your assistant coach are now in. Be lucky they didn't strip you of your 2008 Super Bowl. so at least you get to keep it. But it now has to have an asterisk beside it, just like barry bonds does.

Guest Fibonacci

2008, 2010, 2011

One more season in 2012 and you'll be right.

I think it should be fairly easy for them. I hate to say that, but they were only shy of it barely in 2009.

But I am now curious to see if any other team did this. I want to make sure my facts are straight now.

When I was looking at this the other day, I found a couple of other trios that came really close, closer than the Falcons.

Brooks, McAlister, and Horn - Horn was 27 yards short in the middle season.

Mitchell, Sanders, and Moore - Mitchell was 83 yards short in the middle season because he missed two games.

The most interesting trio that wasn't close to me was Kelly, Thomas, and Andre Reed.

It turns out that Andre Reed never had consecutive 1000 yard seasons in his entire career.

When I was looking at this the other day, I found a couple of other trios that came really close, closer than the Falcons.

Brooks, McAlister, and Horn - Horn was 27 yards short in the middle season.

Mitchell, Sanders, and Moore - Mitchell was 83 yards short in the middle season because he missed two games.

The most interesting trio that wasn't close to me was Kelly, Thomas, and Andre Reed.

It turns out that Andre Reed never had consecutive 1000 yard seasons in his entire career.

That's strange to think about Reed and the way the Bills used to chunk it around.

Found that surprising too, but it explains why he isn't getting into the HOF. No period of dominance.

The other surprise was Aikman, Irvin and Smith couldn't get together for 3 straight.

Found that surprising too, but it explains why he isn't getting into the HOF. No period of dominance.

The other surprise was Aikman, Irvin and Smith couldn't get together for 3 straight.

The Cowboys weren't that much of a passing team. Aikman never even had 25 touchdown passes in a season. In fact he had 23 one year and never topped 20 any other year. The most yards Aikman ever had was 3,445.