How Did Cam Make The Bounty List Before Ryan?

Resse

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

Firstly, we don't know everyone on the list yet since we are just know hearing about Cam.

I know there are a couple of Falcons offensive players on the list. Roddy and Tony G might be the highest, and it's the same with the Bucs. They probably were targeting Ryan, but Ryan takes hits better than most QBs with his frame. He ultimately did more against the Taints defense than Cam, so I could care less.

Firstly, we don't know everyone on the list yet since we are just know hearing about Cam.

I know there are a couple of Falcons offensive players on the list. Roddy and Tony G might be the highest, and it's the same with the Bucs. They probably were targeting Ryan, but Ryan takes hits better than most QBs with his frame. He ultimately did more against the Taints defense than Cam, so I could care less.

Yeah Matt knows how to take a hit.

Saints knew that the likes of Favre, Warner, Cam and Rodgers are game changers. They're all risk takers.. sometimes the risk pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

Obviously the Saints defense has an eye for talent when it comes to determining which opposing qb is a threat to them, and which ones aren't.

I don't know if I should be happy or pissed.

Plus what does that say about Ryan that a rookie makes a list of most wanted and he doesn't?

It's pretty obvious, even to Falcon fans I would imagine, that Ryan isn't going to beat ANYONE on his own while Newton can easily put a team on his back and take them to victory.

Ryan doesn't take risks. Stop the guys around Ryan and you essentially stop Ryan, without even touching him.

Cam's ability to break tackles, evade, buy time, and launch the ball 50+ yards down the field with a perfect spiral, with just the flick of the wrist, or, rush for 20+ yards on a broken play, is enough for most teams to look at him as a very big threat..

Ps: ........Wfw.......if you read this............ Since you've been obsessed about how Cam played against the Falcons. How many TDs did Ryan have against the Panthers, his rookie year?

Edited by pox 08

The four QBs the memo listed were the four the NFL knows about so far, probably because they were mentioned in emails.

Saints fans can brag about the record against the Falcons all they want- except for the last game, they've all been hard fought close victories- taking Ryan out would've made sense. Probably just haven't found out about it yet.

Saints fans better hope that Goodell doesn't find out that Ryan was targeted, in the memo he sent out, Goodell reserved the right to increase the punishments if the NFL found out more players were specifically targeted.

The reason for a bounty is that by targeting to get that player out of the game, you essentially enhance your teams chances of being successful.

I think when teams gameplan for the Falcons, they truly try to stop everyone else. Ryan gets the opportunity to read defense at the line and attack vulnerable targets, so the best way to defend him is to remove his targets. You dont have to take him out of the game... just take away his toys.

Cam is a super player but he doesnt have a lot around him... if a defense doesnt target him- he will destroy it. Trust me... every defense every week is targeting Cam Newton.

The four QBs the memo listed were the four the NFL knows about so far, probably because they were mentioned in emails.

Saints fans can brag about the record against the Falcons all they want- except for the last game, they've all been hard fought close victories- taking Ryan out would've made sense. Probably just haven't found out about it yet.

Saints fans better hope that Goodell doesn't find out that Ryan was targeted, in the memo he sent out, Goodell reserved the right to increase the punishments if the NFL found out more players were specifically targeted.

I don't think he'll increase punishment if Ryan was targeted.

The 4 names mentioned are 2 future HOFers, the current league MVP and the greatest rookie of all time. There's nothing more to add to that fire that would increase the punishment. imo.

Edited by pox 08

I don't think he'll increase punishment if Ryan was targeted.

The 4 names mentioned are 2 future HOFers, the current league MVP and the greatest rookie of all time. There's nothing more to add to that fire that would increase the punishment. imo.

When Cam has a Marino rookie season, then he can be considered the greatest rookie of all time.

Oops... too late.

When Cam has a Marino rookie season, then he can be considered the greatest rookie of all time.

Oops... too late.

Not following you.. Sub 60% completion, 2200 total yards...with 22 total TDs vs 60% completion, 4,700 total yards, 35 total TDs.

Marino had 6 interceptions, which is what you'd expect from a rookie that had very limited yards and TDs. Cam had 17 int (19 turnovers)...which is actually far less than you'd expect from a rookie qb that had 4700 total yards, and 35 total TDs.