Vikings Got Hosed! Saints Did Not Actually Win A Superbowl! Without Bounty's!

GENERALZOD

The Vikings got hosed the year the saints supposedly won the superbowl. It's becoming more obvious now.

With all the bounty money going around, I wonder how much of that money was made available as "TIPS" to the officials for NON CALLS?

The NFL was aware of this during that time and as reports are coming out they warned the saints about such things.

My question is : "Why didn't they warn the officials to look for such things"? Doesn't make sense honestly. They allowed this to go on knowingly. They should'nt have.

As a Falcon fan I get ticked thinking back on some critical calls made throughout the years against the Falcons.

There were some FOR SURE CALLS every game against the Falcons that you could bank on getting called against the Falcons even WHEN THEY DID NOT MAKE THOSE PENALTIES. For one : "Block in the back", that was called forever against the Falcons special teams, which always resulted in giving the other team great field position starting out.

Now, back to the Aint's vs Vikings game, I would have preferred as a fan watching a legitimate game being won or lost.

I question who got paid on the officiating end of all of this. If the NFL knew this was going on and warned the saint's, where were the officials? I don't get it?

Thoughts?

Edited by GAFALCONFAN

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vikings got hosed the year the saints supposedly won the superbowl. It's becoming more obvious now.

With all the bounty money going around, I wonder how much of that money was made available as "TIPS" to the officials for NON CALLS?

The NFL was aware of this during that time and as reports are coming out they warned the saints about such things.

My question is : "Why didn't they warn the officials to look for such things"? Doesn't make sense honestly. They allowed this to go on knowingly. They should have.

As a Falcon fan I get ticked thinking back on some critical calls made throughout the years against the Falcons.

There were some FOR SURE CALLS every game against the Falcons that you could bank on getting called against the Falcons even WHEN THEY DID NOT MAKE THOSE PENALTIES. For one : "Block in the back", that was called forever against the Falcons special teams, which always resulted in giving the other team great field position starting out.

Now, back to the Aint's vs Vikings game, I would have preferred as a fan watching a legitimate game being won or lost.

I question who got paid on the officiating end of all of this. If the NFL knew this was going on and warned the saint's, where were the officials? I don't get it?

Thoughts?

Who paid favre to throw that int and for Ap to fumble the ball so many times ? Its not like theyve done that before huh rolleyes.gif

Who paid favre to throw that int and for Ap to fumble the ball so many times ? Its not like theyve done that before huh

He wouldn't have done that as we now know if "THERE WAS NOT A BOUNTY ON HIS HEAD". rolleyes.gif

GIVE ME officiating was called in that game. Saint's got given that game.

Edited by GAFALCONFAN

the Saints won the Super Bowl dude, get over it. now they may have had help getting there but they did win. and the Super Bowl was called pretty fairly. that season is still tainted IMO

The Vikings got cheated against the Saints, that doesn't equate to a win in the superbowl.

the Saints won the Super Bowl dude, get over it. now they may have had help getting there but they did win. and the Super Bowl was called pretty fairly. that season is still tainted IMO

LOL! I know, I know, I can't help it. That freaking Mcdonalds Ba Da Da Da Da "I'm Lovin' It" commercial must be a good luck charm for the Falcons team this year. If you've been following the site videos then you know what I"m talking about.

Oh well, I still feel the vikings got cheated on the officiating, now that bounty gate has been brought out I will always wonder and it will always put a stain IMO on the saints superbowl victory, or given sympathy trophy I should say.

Saint's are now proven cheaters, and were warned, they won the superbowl by cheating with bounties and such things. I just don't think it's fair to the other 31 teams in the NFL not to point that out. Most importantly "The Falcons". JMO.............

I've been saying it for years.

You sure have, I'm not a Vikings fan, but I know you have watched them more than I ever will and know more about them that I do.

I'll tell you one thing, one reason I started this thread was because I have saw in various forums on the web these Troll saints fans saying if the Falcons beat them this season then they would consider the Falcons not actually winning against the saints because their saints are crippled and that would be the only reason their team lost.

Well, I got news for those saints trolls : "What do they think the saints team was doing by taking out bounties on key players in key games?", it's called CHEATING.

JMO................

Edited by GAFALCONFAN

There has never been an NFL game as undeniably questionable as that N.O. vs. Vikings game.

Every fan in the league, from east coast to west coast, thought there was some very, very questionable calls/non-calls that went the Saints way. Noone i have talked with denies it. Even Saints fans.

In all honesty, it looked at the time (and moreso today) that the refs turned a blind eye towards the massive punishment being doled out to Favre in that game. I've never seen a QB take that kind of punishment before. Not in 40+ years.

I've seen a player fall near Tom Bradys knee and get a 15 yard penalty. I've seen a glancing blow to the helmet incur a 15 yard penalty and reverse an interception brought back for a TD. The protection of QBs has always been top priority in this league....except in that particular game. Why those refs are not under league scrutiny and investigation is beyond unbelievable.

And now there's this whole Bounty-Gate to go on top of it.

The Saints may have a trophy in that case, but from this day forward it will always have an asterisk.

There has never been an NFL game as undeniably questionable as that N.O. vs. Vikings game.

Every fan in the league, from east coast to west coast, thought there was some very, very questionable calls/non-calls that went the Saints way. Noone i have talked with denies it. Even Saints fans.

In all honesty, it looked at the time (and moreso today) that the refs turned a blind eye towards the massive punishment being doled out to Favre in that game. I've never seen a QB take that kind of punishment before. Not in 40+ years.

I've seen a player fall near Tom Bradys knee and get a 15 yard penalty. I've seen a glancing blow to the helmet incur a 15 yard penalty and reverse an interception brought back for a TD. The protection of QBs has always been top priority in this league....except in that particular game. Why those refs are not under league scrutiny and investigation is beyond unbelievable.

And now there's this whole Bounty-Gate to go on top of it.

The Saints may have a trophy in that case, but from this day forward it will always have an asterisk.

Absolutely Agree! That's kind of the whole point of this thread. There have been several saints trolls saying that if the Falcons beat their team that it will not be a true win this season. My point is that the saints didn't get a true win against the Vikings. As you say an asterisk, and you put it better than I could have. +1 for a great reply on that, better than I could and yep I tried. Bravo!

Guest Negatorris

How many of these dirty Taints fan came over here and made accounts just because their site is down? Too many of them may tarnish the white background in TATF.

You can't take away their ring, but the NFCCG's officiating sucked...call it bountygate, blown calls, or whatever...Favre got murdered with late hit, after late hit, after late hit where Goodell implemented rules that protected the QB and not one single flag was thrown that night. True, the Saints played good football consistently throughout the year, but those refs made sure they made it to the Superbowl. Favre played the best football of his entire career that year only to have a team target his ankle repeatedly attempting to take him out the game. Not cool. In this game (or any sport) if somebody is better than you, STEP YOUR F'ING GAME UP...

Don't be a b*tch and "sweep the leg". angry.png

By the way, Favre's ankle never made it back to 100% before the following season began resulting in the Vikes having a horrible year and Favre calling it quits. The Saints deserve every bit of their punishment...Brees deciding to say "F" the team and not sign his tender to sit out the year would be the cherry on top too IMO.

It's funny.

You Saints fans are just now beginning to understand the ramifications of the shame and failure your team has brought down upon you.

Nothing will change the worlds' perception of you now.

Everything you had, everything you stood for, everything that meant something to you, is changing for the worse.

That's gotta suck harder than Lindsey Lohan after a night of meth.

Enjoy.

To anyone who has ever played the sport for $$$ it was obvious that something wasn't right from the jump. The hits were considered illegal even before all of the safer NFL talk solidified. I never understood how they got away with it, my guess is that there is more to the story but Goodell is going to beat on the saints a little as will the refs in order to clear themselves of knowing there was anything else. Especially the refs. Expect the Saints to have a rough go for a little while.

A play where Favre isn't touched made him throw an INT? Peterson fumbled it while barely being touched

Denial is exactly whats the saints THUGS have been proven as doing, seems like you are following their lead with this reply. By that I mean, you are denying the Fact it has been "PROVEN" that the saints were trying to take players out ILLEGALLY.

Don't you get it? "ILLEGAL HITS AND ILLEGAL PLAYS DICTATE THE WAY A PLAYER PLAYS". But that's not all, the officiating was biased looking back on that game. Hmmmm, Some officials might have been getting some TIPS perhaps. Were the SAINTS running a Gambling ring? Hey, the TIPS TO THE OFFICIALS MUST HAVE BEEN NICE FOR THEM, IT WAS OBVIOUS TO ALL WATCHING THAT THE VIKINGS GOT HOSED IN THAT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. And heck no I'm not a vikings fan, but I will say TODAY, yes today, where HISTORY is concerned I am a fan and sympathetic to their fan base, they were screwed!!!!!!! How many TIPS went to the officials is what I am asking here?

They were pooling their money together betting on who might take someone out first. Last time I checked that's called Gambling. And if they done it in another state or whatever across state lines then it's a federal offense perhaps? Not to mention there was MONEY PASSSING HANDS "CASH" maybe, that taxes were never paid on : "THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AS REPORTED".

Gangster BS!!!!!!!! Unacceptable in the NFL! Forget Rilvaries. Whoever played a part in this BS should be thrown out of the NFL! I am a poor man who is a fan of the NFL and it's just plain wrong for me to always do right and hear about BS like the saints did with their "RICH GAMBLING".

Oh well, JMO......

I agree, that came was so close even a small thing could have changed the outcome of that game. The NFL even changed the playoff Overtime Rules because of that game. If the overtime coin flip had gone the other way then the Vikings would have probably won that game, so I do believe if there was no Bounty and Farve and the Vikings would have won that game before overtime.

Truth is we will never know for sure, but for many fans their will always be doubt now. So this really put a question mark on the 2009 Saints.

To anyone who has ever played the sport for $$$ it was obvious that something wasn't right from the jump. The hits were considered illegal even before all of the safer NFL talk solidified. I never understood how they got away with it, my guess is that there is more to the story but Goodell is going to beat on the saints a little as will the refs in order to clear themselves of knowing there was anything else. Especially the refs. Expect the Saints to have a rough go for a little while.

I still think the Refs were getting "Tips" for officiating. Also I think it was illegal gambling and they NFL is trying to cover it all up because once that were to become an issue then the FBI will get involved and put a serious smear on the NFL. JMO...............

How does a team pay players more than what is reported on the salary cap and it not be considered illegal? Too many are focused on the player safety aspect of this (and rightfully so) but they are failing to see what, to me at least, is the real infraction.

There is a salary cap for a reason. The Saints broke it. That forfeits every game they played that season in my eyes.

So, no, it wasn't just the Vikings that got hosed. It was the entire NFL.

Just read this quote on the NFL website from a Saints fan:

"We've always known the NFL doesn't like the Saints so when they got the chance, they took it."

It's unbelievable that they think this, when they get given every close decision (and sometimes even the not close ones) out there...

Should have stripped the Saints of the SB, they didn't win it/earn it. Also I love how they quickly point out OMGZZZZ THE VIKINGZ had 6 turnovers that caused their loss. Then they quickly point out "We only lost to the 49ers because we turned it over 5 times, but we actually won that game."

Scum suckers of the NFL

Edited by MattRyansArm

I think that everyone, even people like myself who hate people that blame the refs for every loss, can agree that something was going on in that NFCCG. Been watching football for 20 years and NEVER have I seen a quarterback take that kind of brutality before without a single flag being thrown all game and that is in an age where you're not even allowed to breath on the QB.