Official Saints Response

Carl927

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/32730/saints-apologize-for-bounty-program

Today, Commissioner (Roger) Goodell apprised us of the severe penalties facing our club, as proposed by the NFL.

We recognize our fans’ concerns and we regret the uncertainty this episode has created for them. We are humbled by the support our organization has received from our fans today in the wake of this announcement, and we ask them to continue to stand with us, as they have done in the past, when both our team and our city have overcome greater adversities.

To our fans, the NFL and the rest of our league, we offer our sincere apology and take full responsibility for these serious violations. It has always been the goal of the New Orleans Saints to create a model franchise and to impact our league in a positive manner. There is no place for bounties in our league and we reiterate our pledge that this will never happen again.

Just when I thought they couldn't be any dumber, they go and compare the suspensions to Hurricane Katrina.

You stay classy, New Orleans.

Guest Gritz

Did the Falcon organization talk about Sherman burning down the city after the Vick fiasco?

I didn't think so.

Katrina is yesterday New Orleans. My hometown of Gulfport, Mississippi was destroyed and we didn't get 1/1000th of the publicity that you did.

Get the **** over yourselves.

WOW! They just don't get it. They were warned to clean up their act but yet they continued on, saying your sorry doesn't make the crime justifiable, nor acceptable. They are only sorry they got caught and are getting punished, had they have cared to begin with they wouldn't have been doing what they were doing.

Hi, cdrw. I'm sorry you gots no foosball team no more cause they wuz made a example of for stuff all gud teams do.

How's that for classy?

You have a cool Avatar, but I swear, everytime I see it I have to take a second look because I keep thinking your avatar is flipping someone off. I know they aren't, it just makes me laugh when I realize that. +1 for a great Avy.

What is funny is Payton admitting to knowing about it and thinking that that would be ok just because he stood up and owned it.it's funny that he is shocked by the punishment that he recieved.

I know. Payton being who he is, he probably handled it like this:

"I'm verrrrrrry sorry (rolls eyes) that this happened. It's not something that I (pointedly jabs his thumb into his chest) am proud of. (Yawns) It certainly isn't something that Mr. Benson should be worried about ever again. (Smirks on right side of his mouth) Because I'm Sean Payton and I rock ****. (Flicks his tongue at reporters, raises his middle finger to the cameras, and turns his back before questions can be asked) You pack of **** sniffing ***holes!" (under his breath)

Guest TheIdowu

Was payton really shocked by his punishment?

If so, then good. I hate when people apologize like they are sorry. As stated earlier, you are sorry the sudden you are caught. funny how that works. No, payton, you are not getting leniency for owning up to it, You owned up to it, you did NOT man up though. Manning up is stopping it on your own accord. . . .you had three seasons.

ALSO, Payton admit he knew, HOW IN SAM HELLL BREES GONNA SIT UP HERE AND SAY HE DID NOT KNOW A THING ALONG WITH THE ENTIRE OFFENSE. . . .

Yea, you are reminding me of your SD days Brees.

Whats sad is the Saints have milked the Katrina disaster for monetary gain and sympathy for way to long now. h-ll why dont they change it to Katrina bowl instead of the Superbowl

.In my opinion they are a classless organization for using a disaster as leverage to gain sympathy from the their fans and the public..The saints as a team deserve every bit of punishment that the league handed down and then some. they cheated and for that they are paying the price..

Did the Falcon organization talk about Sherman burning down the city after the Vick fiasco?

I didn't think so.

Katrina is yesterday New Orleans. My hometown of Gulfport, Mississippi was destroyed and we didn't get 1/1000th of the publicity that you did.

Get the **** over yourselves.

Grtiz, I'm from Gulfport, born at Keesler AFB in Biloxi, but from Gulfport,,actually North Gulfport,,lol, and you're right, it was devastated and wasn't a blip on the media's radar.

So the fans stand with the team because they are cheapshots too? I know the guy is asking for people to renew tickets so that's why he is saying are fans stand with us but honestly what are the Saints fans really saying? It's great that you had this program that spits in the eye of integrity of the game. In reality I think most Saints fans say "well, other teams do this so it's cool".

Good thing I'm not the commissioner, the coaches would out of the league. Players suspended for 3-4 years with no pay. Oh yea get your 53 man roster with current amount of monies you have. So Brees you might have to pack up. And one question for Brees. Do you'll have two locker rooms now? One for the offense and one for the defense? Such a dummy.

John Clayton predicts the taints will win 9 games at most next season - and that's assuming Brees signs the tender and carries the team on his back. The only minimally positive thing a taints fan can grasp right now is Brees, but I doubt he gets out of this squeaky clean.

The Katrina card is misdirection. "Don't look at this - look at that instead." It plays in Nawlins. It doesn't play elsewhere.