Big Rob 64

Who should be our starting Left Tackle?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Sam Baker
    • Will Svitek
    • Marcus McNeill
    • Demetrius Bell
    • Does anyone know if Mike Kenn is free on Sundays?

The order I would want.

1st option Marcus McNeill

2nd option Demetrius Bell

3rd option Mike Kenn

4th option Will Svitek

5th option a message board member at least they will talk enough smack to mack a DE punish them before they go to Ryan

6th option Nobody

7th option Baker

Will Svitek held is own during the season.

I dont know where most of you got this idea that he's not good for us.

How about stay within our team and letting players develope.

He is a RT filling in valiantly at a position that is not his strength. I have a ton of respect for Svitek--- but he is still not an option I want as our #1 LT.

Guest Gritz

The only thing I can see that even makes a scintilla of sense is that the injury that McNeill had is scaring everyone (including Falcons) off......that Baker is supposedly in much better health with his back now.....that Bell wants too much money and that the tag on him that he takes plays off doesn't fit what the Falcons are looking for....

I'm grasping at straws here......I'm hoping that Dimitroff has some type of knowledge about the situation or plan that is going to resolve it....because if his (Dimitroff) inactivity at the LT position gets Ryan injured I am going to be extremely pizzed off.

The order I would want.

1st option Marcus McNeill

2nd option Demetrius Bell

3rd option Mike Kenn

4th option Will Svitek

5th option a message board member at least they will talk enough smack to mack a DE punish them before they go to Ryan

6th option Nobody

7th option Baker

Ha, the image of the Falcons lining up with only 4 players on the O-Line whilst Baker watches from the bench...

At this point, we're probably going to address the LT position after training camp.

The typical TD move is to wait until after the first team cutdowns and grab a vet bargain who is a cap casualty.

At least one of these rookies coming in will win a spot and make a vet expendable.

Considering our cap space and the draft still a month away, anything can happen between now and then.

It just stinks to be wringing our hands for 5 months wondering if we'll fix the problem or if we should say an extra prayer every night for Matt Ryan.

I just don't get it... Here's what we know:

- Baker was benched for Svitek during the season last year due to poor play.

- Baker was later moved to right guard and benched again due to poor play.

- Knowing that Svitek was just a backup and overmatched against some DEs, Mularkey schemed to give Svitek lots of extra help from the RB, FB, TE, and sometimes even an extra O-lineman.

- Mularkey, knowing that we didn't have the O-line to stop the Giants pass rush, schemed the game so that Matt Ryan would release the ball in less than 2 seconds.

That said, how can TD not know that left tackle is a dire need?!?!?!?!?

I'm sure he knows it's a dire need. The problem is that there are very limited ways to fix it immediately.