Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White - Did What No Other Trio Has Done!

ATLFalcon36

If we're the first that means a lot of other teams have had success in the playoffs without a trio obtaining those stats.

It is talking about a three year period, so no. Just because you had one good season and made the playoffs means nothing. If you think that is an accomplishment go ask the Cards how it feels to be relevant for one year and the laughing stock for the last 3 and running.

I wonder if they included the playoffs to get those stats?

No, the numbers are right for 2008, 2010 and 2011. It's 2009 where they were below that - and we didn't go to the playoffs that year.

As for passing - the numbers you see for his passing are net yards - with the sacks included. If you take his actual passing yards, in 2009 he had 3008 - in 13 games. Maybe that is what they are going by.

I'm still trying to figure out how they came up with Turners numbers though. He only played in 11 games - and only played in 8 full games. Still, he had 871 yards. Where did they get 1000?

The only thing I can think of is the team stats. If you look at what the team did over the past 4 years - there is over 3000 yards passing, 1000 yards receiving (by one receiver) and rushing - definitely over 1000.

Anyway, it's confusing - unless they mean 3 years out of 4?

that's impossible ---ie 2009 Ryan threw for 2916 yards so no way he got 3000 for 3 years in a row it's impossible --to date.

such as 2008,2009, 2010

0r 2009,2010, 2011

He threw for 3008 yards. He was credited with 2916 after sack yardage was subtracted.

It is talking about a three year period, so no. Just because you had one good season and made the playoffs means nothing. If you think that is an accomplishment go ask the Cards how it feels to be relevant for one year and the laughing stock for the last 3 and running.

Again if I had a choice I'd take a deep playoff run over those stats. Just me I guess. We could have the first trio to have those stats for 10 years in a row and it wouldn't impress me if we were getting pounded in the first round every year.

He threw for 3008 yards. He was credited with 2916 after sack yardage was subtracted.

ok I was using net yards But if you are going to add back in sack yards, then way not add back in dropped pass yardage, and pass completion yardage called back for holding etc.

LMAO who is doing this research?

Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James, and Marvin Harrison did this like 4 or 5 years in a row, as did Aikman, Smith, and Irvin.

Can I have this guy's job please? I swear I'll post the correct information.

Aikman, Smith, and Irvin didn't but Warner, Faulk, and Bruce did.

Manning, Edge, and Harrison only got 3 in a row because of Edge's injury.

ok I was using net yards But if you are going to add back in sack yards, then way not add back in dropped pass yardage, and pass completion yardage called back for holding etc.

Because those are dropped passes and penalties. When did a sack anywhere get misconstrued as a negative passing yard. can see negative rushing yards.

Because those are not completed passes. I was trying to determine how they came up with the numbers.

The fact of the matter is - his gross passing yards in 2009 were 3008 and after sack yardage is subtracted - his net yardage is 2916.

They don't remove those yards from the receivers. If you add up the receiving yards from Ryan to all receivers in 2009 - it comes to 3008. However, dropped passes and void plays do not count in those receiving yards.

Because those are not completed passes. I was trying to determine how they came up with the numbers.

The fact of the matter is - his gross passing yards in 2009 were 3008 and after sack yardage is subtracted - his net yardage is 2916.

They don't remove those yards from the receivers. If you add up the receiving yards from Ryan to all receivers in 2009 - it comes to 3008. However, dropped passes and void plays do not count in those receiving yards.

oh the irony --a compeltion is a completion unless there is a hold and then it's not a completion.

a sack is a completion for negative yards even thought the QB holds on to the ball.. Sounds morte like negative rushing yards to me

if a QB tries a sneak and gets dropped behind the line that a rush loss but if he just stands still until swomeone tackles him it is negative passing yards

Ok suspose he had 2998 and threw one of those outs to snelling for a 5 yard loss would you add those 5 back in?

those are neg yards jusr like a sack/ why not add them back.

Edited by delaigle

oh the irony --a compeltion is a completion unless there is a hold and then it's not a completion.

a sack is a completion for negative yards even thought the QB holds on to the ball.. Sounds morte like negative rushing yards to me

if a QB tries a sneak and gets dropped behind the line that a rush loss but if he just stands still until swomeone tackles him it is negative passing yards

If a QB tries a sneak and gets dropped behind the line - that is a pass loss as well. Sacks are sacks and sack yards are subtracted from the passing yards, regardless of whether the QB was passing or not. That is the way it is done. Period. They take the Quarterbacks gross passing yards from the game and subtract the sack yards. Hold calls are negated plays - they never happened so could not be considered a completion. Dropped passes are never caught and therefore can not be considered a completion. However, all the completions together = gross passing yards. Take that number and subtract the sack yards and voila - you have the net passing yards posted on NFL.COM.

I was trying to figure out where they came up with 3000 per year - and it's the only answer I could find for it. However, it still didn't explain Turner's yards, and the fact is - the stats are wrong.