Per David Archer: I Would Trade Drew Brees

elmack

David Archer just gave a compelling argument for trading Drew Brees to Cleveland for this years 2 first round pick. His argument is:

1. Brees is disgruntled and may sit out

2. Losing two 2nd round picks will hurt

3. Need the picks to keep up the team

What say you?

They can't actually trade him until he signs his tag though, can they? He isn't disgruntled, he just wants to get a fair deal, he wants to be there.

They can trade Brees without him signing the tag. Would just have to work out a deal with whatever team he was sent to.

David Archer just gave a compelling argument for trading Drew Brees to Cleveland for this years 2 first round pick. His argument is:

1. Brees is disgruntled and may sit out

2. Losing two 2nd round picks will hurt

3. Need the picks to keep up the team

What say you?

It's probably good timing to do it. He's getting old already; his value is at its peak; 2012 looks like it will be a throw away year for the Saints.

Teams worry too much that they get rid of a player too soon, and usually err on the side of keeping them too long.

I would have done that and signed Manning. Manning has shown he doesn't care about winning he just wants the money. He could go to NewOrleans and suck it up for 2 years. 1st Year's Excuse::. Team was without HD/OC. 2nd Year's Excuse::. Learning Offense. 3rd year he can claim he's hurt and retire with most of the money that he signed for. This will happen in Denver but sooner.

Brees has huge support in the land down under (the toilet seat.) He enjoys a status in NOLA that he wouldn't have elsewhere. I'd bet the dude wants to stay, but it's gonna be tough to get around this. He isn't Tebowing his way out of this mess, and he knows it.

If Benson wants to start over, now is the time- Fire Payton and Loomis, trade Brees for a couple of high draft picks and start rebuilding the team and its reputation.

Another possibility is Brees sitting out this year and re-uniting with Payton next year.

Think both are far fetched, but not so outrageous they can't be talked about.

First off, Archer is a quitter. The Saints should just mail it in and start rebuilding?!? Wtf?

Second off, Brees is really going to get screwed by the Saints. NO won't give him his longterm deal. They pop the tag on him. Then their team is in turmoil so they are going to make him the bad guy in all of this. Then after he has a down year with no coach and a bunch of players missing games, they are going to offer him less than what he has earned.

If I was Brees, I'd announce my retirement. He's already made $60m on his last deal. He can hold a press conference announcing his retirement, saying NO's the city is special to him and he doesn't want to play anywhere else, but he can't continue to put himself in harms way for a Front Office that doesn't care about player safety. The Saints are the bad guys again and have to give him a contract to come out of retirement. Game, set, match.

Why would he ? I am still concerned about them. No one on that offense will be suspended and they are still dangerous. I watched a few games of them with their offensive coordinator pete carmicheal calling the games with payton out and he did pretty **** good. I think they will move him to head coach and spagnuolo will handle the defense. They are capable of putting up 60 points and breaking offensive records with that offense they have. I also may sound crazy, but i think possible suspensions to there defense may actually help them. There defense werent world beaters to begin with. I think with loomis still there through free agency and draft that they will find a way to replace possible players they lose with most of them not even on there team anymore...We havent done sh*t the whole offseason and yet theyre going through this and still picking up talent smh

Why would he ? I am still concerned about them. No one on that offense will be suspended and they are still dangerous. I watched a few games of them with their offensive coordinator pete carmicheal calling the games with payton out and he did pretty **** good. I think they will move him to head coach and spagnuolo will handle the defense. They are capable of putting up 60 points and breaking offensive records with that offense they have. I also may sound crazy, but i think possible suspensions to there defense may actually help them. There defense werent world beaters to begin with. I think with loomis still there through free agency and draft that they will find a way to replace possible players they lose with most of them not even on there team anymore...We havent done sh*t the whole offseason and yet theyre going through this and still picking up talent smh

How's the weather in the swamp this evening? Is it hot there?