Bravo Goodell!

Rev_Hal

I said when Boutygate went down that if Roger Goodell wanted to be taken seriously in regards to player safety, he was going to have to punish the Saints hard. WOW. Peyton being gone for a year is huge. That is a bigger punishment than I ever expected.

I may not agree with everything Goodell does, but I at least respect him.

I said when Boutygate went down that if Roger Goodell wanted to be taken seriously in regards to player safety, he was going to have to punish the Saints hard. WOW. Peyton being gone for a year is huge. That is a bigger punishment than I ever expected.

I may not agree with everything Goodell does, but I at least respect him.

+100 if I could

sam

So we absolutely hate this guy for what he's turned football into the other 364 days of the year, but love him all of a suddden for this. I hate the Saints just as much as anyone else, but Goodell is still the biggest doosh to ever be involved with the NFL.

Read what I said - I don't like Goodell and a lot of his decisions, but I respect him for sticking to his guns.

The NFL needs to do a full-fledged investigation when there is reasonable suspicion.

The taints were given every chance to clean this up. They refused. Who knows why?

Maybe they were arrogant. Maybe they felt they were above the rules. Maybe they felt the gains were worth the price to be paid.

Or maybe there's something in the water down there that turns someone into a freakin moron.

I think he actually dropped the ball. How can you punish Pats for 1st rounder for taping other teams but punish two 2nd for intentionally trying to hurt other players. It's not even comparable.

The Saints already had no 1st round pick this year due to the trade up for Mark Ingram. So, would the more severe punishment be the loss of those 2 seconds or a 1st next year?