Complete 7-Round Mock Draft Has Atlanta Selecting:

theProf

We're going to have one sad draft this year. The picks are okay but I'm going to miss having the full volume of picks.

Not when the season starts. Sometimes it's drafts like these that are needed more than the flashier drafts. And truly, you're only going to miss having the first rounder. Nobody cares about 4-7 rounders when watching the draft.

Solid mock. Give me a DT instead of McClellin. He is nothing more than Biermann 2.0 in Atlanta.

There is an article in another thread that says McClure is an "undersized center" and Atl was not happy with the short yardage attempt failures.

McClure 6'1" 296 lbs

Hawley 6'3" 297 lbs (a 4th)

and Viachos 6'1" 292 lbs (a 7th)

how does this solve the "undersized center" problem?

Edited by delaigle

I'd be a bit surprised if Keenum is there that late, but he'd be a good backup QB

Nice mock but i would take Derek wolfe instead of the DE from boise state & Keith tandy instead of the C from alabama.

There is an article in another thread that says McClure is an "undersized center" and Atl was not happy with the short yardage attempt failures.

McClure 6'1" 296 lbs

Hawley 6'3" 297 lbs (a 4th)

and Viachos 6'1" 292 lbs (a 7th)

how does this solve the "undersized center" problem?

If we are to the point where we are depending on a center selected in the 7th to come in and contribute any time soon, we are in a world of trouble.

I know McClure was a seventh rounder, however he got the starting job because we simply had no one else on the roster at the time who could play, having cut Robbie Tobeck.

I would much rather address our O line and pass rush with our first two picks, then go after a backup DT, TE and QB in the later rounds. That way if the TE turns into a player then we do not need to get another TE in the early rounds next year.

And what if TG decides to return for another season? If we select Fleener then we spent a high round pick on a player who will see ;limited time on the field for two seasons instead of one. We have too many other immediate needs.

Edited by egoprime II

I would much rather address our O line and pass rush with our first two picks, then go after a backup DT, TE and QB in the later rounds. That way if the TE turns into a player then we do not need to get another TE in the early rounds next year.

And what if TG decides to return for another season? If we select Fleener then we spent a high round pick on a player who will see ;limited time on the field for two seasons instead of one. We have too many other immediate needs.

I agree... TE would be a wasted pick this season and i have a hunch the TG goes on for 1 more...

Prof. Do you think Fleener will be available when we pick at 55? I have my questions since he may be the highest rated tight end on several draft boards now. I like the pick but idk if he will be there. Also, I like the Case Keenum pick late in the draft to be the long term backup for Matt Ryan.

No I don't think Fleener will still be there at pick #55. This is one of the few mock drafts that still has him available when Atlanta selects. I wouldn't mind seeing Atlanta use a later round draft choice on a QB, as they need something better than John Parker Wilson. Atlanta might be eyeing a TE in a later round, such as, Ladarius Green:

The Atlanta Falcons will host Louisiana-Lafayette TE Ladarius Green for a private workout, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

2012-03-20 19:16:18 | Source: Scout.com - Aaron Wilson