Falcons To Work Out Louisiana-Lafayette Te Ladarius Green

falcon057

NFL | Ladarius Green improves numbers at Pro Day

Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:19:03 -0700

Louisiana-Lafayette TE Ladarius Green improved his vertical leap to 35 inches at his school's Pro Day Tuesday, March 20, after posting a 34-inch result at the NFL Scouting Combine. He also improved his bench press by one rep, benching 225 pounds 17 times. Green also caught more than 30 passes without a drop.

I like him and Egnew a lot. Both have really good hands, are big and tall, and can get down the field. Forget their blocking ability, we have enough blocking TEs to field a 300 scene. We need a playmaker to groom and Green and Egnew are perfect for the job. I like Egnew more as he was a monster in 2010-11 when he had a "real" QB and wasn't the only weapon, hence his numbers falling in 2011-12. Egnew is 6'6 252lb, runs a 4.6, 37in vert. Take him round 3 no hesitation.

Good to hear. He's my top choice in the 3rd if he's still around by our pick.

Well if we go that route, then C and DE most likely will be our 2ndRD

More likely a DT. If we got a DE then we'd have 6 on the roster and unless Curry or Branch fall there is no one worth taking in the 2nd round at the position and Hawley will be starting next season so drafting a center so high would be a waste, especially considering the players in question being Ben Jones, who was absolutely abused during the Senior Bowl, and Philip Blake will likely be picked up prior to #55. Meanwhile, the depth at DT is almost non-existent and with Nolan on board that will mean a hybrid defense which will mean a greater emphasis on DTs.

More likely a DT. If we got a DE then we'd have 6 on the roster and unless Curry or Branch fall there is no one worth taking in the 2nd round at the position and Hawley will be starting next season so drafting a center so high would be a waste, especially considering the players in question being Ben Jones, who was absolutely abused during the Senior Bowl, and Philip Blake will likely be picked up prior to #55. Meanwhile, the depth at DT is almost non-existent and with Nolan on board that will mean a hybrid defense which will mean a greater emphasis on DTs.

i kno we have a bunch od DEs but abe wnt be here no longer then two yrs, theres no say if we bring sid back depending on wat he shows this yr.. matthews is a project and could be put on PS since he is eligible.. you can never have enough pass rushers, but you want productive guys not jjust warming the bench with very limited production.. BVG V PLAYER whos to blame? I say BVG but thats irrelevant..

DT, i thought we should cut babs since his play dropped the last two yrs, but given how we are in serious limbo for an edge rusher we need to stop drafting low rd projects and get a talented guy in here.. i agree only branch or curry would be worth drafting there, if one of them are then i believe its a good chance we pull the trigger unless...

C.. ben jones looked off in senior bowl but his game dnt lie.. he is a power xrun grading C that we honestly havnet had... When have this team ever gave a player a job? Even ryan had to compete for his job, and hawley was anything but solid at G or C... If pat believes in a more bigger O-LINEMAN then he will be a sacrfice potentially if thats tthe case...

I just dnt see DT being higger needs now n long ters more then TE DE C LT... Vance will surprise if given more PT

Thank you! Somebody with some sense. Everybody is shouting for positions but not looking at the roster or using logic. TD is sold on Hawley being his center. If he wasn't, McClure would have been back by now. So no Center early. Like you also said, we have so many DEs we need to PLAY. Add a DE in the 2nd and there goes any impact from Sidbury.

i kno we have a bunch od DEs but abe wnt be here no longer then two yrs, theres no say if we bring sid back depending on wat he shows this yr.. matthews is a project and could be put on PS since he is eligible.. you can never have enough pass rushers, but you want productive guys not jjust warming the bench with very limited production.. BVG V PLAYER whos to blame? I say BVG but thats irrelevant..

Ok, think about this:

We know Abe and Edwards are our starting DEs (Top 2). We just resigned Biermann making him our #3 DE by default of contract. Draft a DE in the second or third, that means you have intentions of him playing. That makes him the #4 DE. This pushes Sidbury further down the depth chart. Like you pointed out, who says we bring Sid back depending on what he shows this year. How can he show anything if he is the #5 DE?

Pass on a DE and take one in the first or second next year. You say Abe won't be here any longer than 2 yrs. Well, we know he will be here for one year.

Thank you! Somebody with some sense. Everybody is shouting for positions but not looking at the roster or using logic. TD is sold on Hawley being his center. If he wasn't, McClure would have been back by now. So no Center early. Like you also said, we have so many DEs we need to PLAY. Add a DE in the 2nd and there goes any impact from Sidbury.

how can you be sure TD is sold on hawley? He struggled as much as anyone at BOTH C and G. The reason TD didnt bring mcclure back is cause the guy is old.. thats a perfect reason, i love mcclure but he gets absolutley no push in the run game, and tho he can still move and pull on plays he is not athletic enough to keep up or get to his guy...

On the DE situation i see DE being more important... Abe contract is just basically buying us MORE time to find his replacement that we been looking for yrs... Wat do we have to show for it? 4th rd, 5th rd 7thrd and a FA... While DT got babs, 1st rd a steal in BOTH peters and vance(more PT)

I thought that the coaches are not playing player too, but they run a rotation of players and yet sid only got about 15 snaps a game.. it may very well be him... Coaches arnt going to put u on the field if youdnt kno wat your doing... Who knows but all im saying is that taking a DE incthe 2nd(curry,branch)..

how can you be sure TD is sold on hawley? He struggled as much as anyone at BOTH C and G. The reason TD didnt bring mcclure back is cause the guy is old.. thats a perfect reason, i love mcclure but he gets absolutley no push in the run game, and tho he can still move and pull on plays he is not athletic enough to keep up or get to his guy...

Actually he was pretty good at Center. Don't let this board convince you he wasn't. They just saw pressure up the middle and blamed both Reynolds and Hawley. Go back and watch some film. The Eagles game is a good example. Yes, Hawley wasn't a good guard. He wasn't drafted to be a guard. TD drafted him to play Center. The problem with the OLine early was dealing with passing off stunts. Watch the Eagles game. Specifically, watch the play where Jenkins sacks Ryan and Babin kicks him in the back. It's in the first quarter or so. Hawley and Blalock flawlessly handle the left side of the OLine. Hawley is even passed Blalock's man and he stones him 1v1. Reynolds, on the other hand, was beat in less than a second. I explained how the OLine dynamics work in plenty of threads. Not wasting my time with it again.

On the DE situation i see DE being more important... Abe contract is just basically buying us MORE time to find his replacement that we been looking for yrs... Wat do we have to show for it? 4th rd, 5th rd 7thrd and a FA... While DT got babs, 1st rd a steal in BOTH peters and vance(more PT)

How do you say we have nothing behind Abe but "4th, 5th, 7th, and FA" but then advocate for Vance Walker being a good DT for depth? The simple fact that we have sizable contracts tied up in our top 3 DEs means a rookie isn't playing more than them. That stunts the growth of Sidbury, who needs more snaps than anybody. Draft a DE and you are essentially cutting Sidbury next season.

I thought that the coaches are not playing player too, but they run a rotation of players and yet sid only got about 15 snaps a game.. it may very well be him... Coaches arnt going to put u on the field if youdnt kno wat your doing... Who knows but all im saying is that taking a DE incthe 2nd(curry,branch)..

When was Sid going to get any snaps on 3rd down? Abe played every third down. Edwards played a good portion of them, and so did Kroy. That's what you aren't understanding. It's not that Sid can't. It's him being buried on the depth chart. BVG didn't give him much of a chance, but the few chances he did get, he capitalized. On run downs, you want Edwards out there at LE and if you aren't going to play Abe, you put Biermann out there because they trusted Biermann more. On pass downs, you put Abe back out there and Edwards again because you paid Edwards to help get sacks. When do you play Sidbury and who do you sit to play him? The same can be said if you draft a DE in the 2nd. Now that we have a DC who will employ more looks and use his pieces, we can truly see what Sid brings and if we need to go DE.

I will bet you we don't go DE in the first or second unless a stud falls.

Primary Need: Left Tackle

After a few trying seasons, it’s time to bring the curtain down on the Sam Baker (-16.3) experience. Baker has never been able to live up to his draft status, and the Falcons actually had a significant upgrade when Will Svitek (-9.7) came into the lineup. The problem for them is that the upgrade wasn’t significant enough, and they’re still left with no legitimate blind-side protector for Matt Ryan. Despite his nickname “Matty Ice”, Ryan’s production plummets in the face of pressure and he, more than some quarterbacks, needs a capable left tackle protecting him. The Falcons need to find one, but is it an option in free agency?

The answer is yes, but it comes with a stack of caveats for each potential fix. Jared Gaither (+3.8) may be one of the most talented left tackles in football (heck, he might be THE most talented LT in football). He has been dumped from two teams at this stage for differing reasons, before being picked up by the Chargers and rescuing the season of Philip Rivers. Gaither has big time talent but has struggled with attitude in the wrong situation and injuries in the past, and the Chargers are keen to keep hold of him. The other intriguing option is Demetrius Bell (+6.8) from Buffalo. The Bills were looking for Bell to become a capable LT for years and it finally happened this season only for his year to be curtailed through injury. The Falcons could take a risk based on the seven games of good tape this year, but it would be a major gamble.

Secondary Need: Right Guard

Atlanta may have been able to survive losing Harvey Dahl (+3.2) last offseason, but they still need to replace the loss, because nobody that took a shot at it this season was able to get it done. Garrett Reynolds (-13.8) got the first and most extensive opportunity to step into Dahl’s role, but he wasn’t up to the task, surrendering three sacks, 28 more pressures, run blocking not particularly well and being flagged five times on the season. The Falcons are at their best when they have a strong offensive line that allows their skill position weapons to function, and guard needs to be upgraded for that to happen.

Guard is one of the positions in free agency where there are quality players to be found, but unfortunately for the Falcons, almost all of them ply their trade on the left side of the line. Some of those guys have the ability to play on the right as well, but nobody wants to experiment with a high-priced free agent by moving positions and hoping for the best. In terms of right guards, the Panthers may allow restricted free agent Geoff Schwartz (+12.3 in 2010) to test the open market, and if they do, even coming off an injury, the Falcons could do far worse than rob their divisional rival.

Tertiary Need: Cornerback

I could go in a few different directions with this need. I believe that should the Falcons lose either John Abraham 0r Curtis Lofton, the need instantly shifts to patching the large hole they would leave. Otherwise, the Falcons are needing another corner even if they do franchise tag Brent Grimes (+16.0). In an ever-increasing passing league, Dunta Robinson (-11.6) remains a shadow of the player he was prior to his injuries. The Falcons also still need a capable nickel corner as they were especially bare when Grimes missed time last season.

Like guard, this is a good year to need a cornerback, and if the Falcons want to spend they could bring any one of several top quality players. Assuming they’re looking a little lower down the price range with two big-money players already on board (assuming Grimes is tagged), a player like Richard Marshall (-1.2) is an experienced and versatile player that could do a job for the Falcons and lock down their nickel role in the defense and give them a reason to bench Dunta Robinson on the outside if he doesn’t step up his level of play.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...lanta-falcons/

"""" Actually he was pretty good at Center. Don't let this board convince you he wasn't. They just saw pressure up the middle and blamed both Reynolds and Hawley. Go back and watch some film. The Eagles game is a good example. Yes, Hawley wasn't a good guard. He wasn't drafted to be a guard. TD drafted him to play Center. The problem with the OLine early was dealing with passing off stunts. Watch the Eagles game. Specifically, watch the play where Jenkins sacks Ryan and Babin kicks him in the back. It's in the first quarter or so. Hawley and Blalock flawlessly handle the left side of the OLine. Hawley is even passed Blalock's man and he stones him 1v1. Reynolds, on the other hand, was beat in less than a second. I explained how the OLine dynamics work in plenty of threads. Not wasting my time with it again"""

Im not reading boards for info trust me on that.. when mcclure was out and hawley was up at C, it was more then just stunts... This line was flat out getting manhandled, is it fair to hawley he had renolds playing next to him? No, but he stiill ggot beat by quicker DTs and yes stunts too and struggles to anchor down... Like i said before, i doubt he is handed a the stater role when the staff has said there will be competition on every position along the line..

""How do you say we have nothing behind Abe but "4th, 5th, 7th, and FA" but then advocate for Vance Walker being a good DT for depth? The simple fact that we have sizable contracts tied up in our top 3 DEs means a rookie isn't playing more than them. That stunts the growth of Sidbury, who needs more snaps than anybody. Draft a DE and you are essentially cutting Sidbury next season."""

I was talking about the rds we have took a DE and havent gotten wat we wanted out of those investments.. as suppose to vance(7th rd) on how he has shown improvement with more time.. i understand that the big contract guys have to play.. but edwards contract isnt anything to warrant the snap counts, abe too.. abe is constantly on a snap count so he never plays as much as you would expect him too... Again all im saying is you can never have enough pass rushers.. good ones that is.

Edited by madman88

I'm not a fan of Green. I am a big OKST fan, and we played ULL this past year, Green didn't do anything in that game that amazed me, I'm not sure if he even caught a pass. I think against tougher compeition he wasn't as good.

On the flip side, I've seen Egnew for Mizzou play against OKST and he has always impressed me. I caution on him though because he has had several injuries over several years, so I would not take him with our 3rd...with our 5th yes, but if the Falcons FO view TE as a now pick, than it wouldn't surprise me to go with Green, but I don't think we will see dividends on that pick at least until TG is gone, and even by then he might still be a player that works out great, but on the field its a different story....

DT, i thought we should cut babs since his play dropped the last two yrs, but given how we are in serious limbo for an edge rusher we need to stop drafting low rd projects and get a talented guy in here.. i agree only branch or curry would be worth drafting there, if one of them are then i believe its a good chance we pull the trigger unless...

C.. ben jones looked off in senior bowl but his game dnt lie.. he is a power xrun grading C that we honestly havnet had... When have this team ever gave a player a job? Even ryan had to compete for his job, and hawley was anything but solid at G or C... If pat believes in a more bigger O-LINEMAN then he will be a sacrfice potentially if thats tthe case...

I just dnt see DT being higger needs now n long ters more then TE DE C LT... Vance will surprise if given more PT

I say this because we can get a much better player to replace Abe next season via the draft than desperately picking up the scraps of the draft this season to do that, and we might not even have to bother if Sidbury or Biermann breakout under Nolan's non-Pro Bowl styled defense. Your argument also for center does not make sense to me: Why would you draft a player in the 2nd round just for competition reasons. You want someone who will definitely see the field a lot from your 2nd round pick, not just meager competition for players already on the field.

Meanwhile, we saw how thin we were at DT this season. Babs had a knee injury early on and didn't recover during the season and Peters went on a hot streak which instantly cooled when he took his own knee injury, so we had to rely on Jerry and Walker to pick up the slack and, to put it frankly, they didn't. Now with Nolan, who will be using a hybrid defense (ie. more 3-4) we'll be needing than just four DTs on the roster, and more importantly more than just two good DTs. That's why I think their target in the 2nd will be Ta'amu, someone who will instantly fill the need for NT, provide solid depth, and unlike most big guys he can apply his own pressure.