Open Message To Dirk Koetter!

Caddieman

Don't forget a WR screen to Julio. I always got excited when Matt threw a quick snap ball to Julio and gave him a chance to make a play when he had a 1-on-1 matchup.

I never understood why that wasn't just automatic when they were 10 yards off Julio. There were a million times where we were 2nd & 3 and the DBs were 8 yards off our WRs and we ran the ball. Like f*cking robots. You would think since we liked to rack up first downs, this would be automatic.

I never understood why that wasn't just automatic when they were 10 yards off Julio. There were a million times where we were 2nd & 3 and the DBs were 8 yards off our WRs and we ran the ball. Like f*cking robots. You would think since we liked to rack up first downs, this would be automatic.

Because our offense seems to ONLY like making first downs on third and short, not on first, second, and apparently fourth downs. Our offense is all about setting up third and short, not getting first downs at any other point.