Eagles Get D Ryans From Texans

Kizu_7

dunno it was breaking news so I'm sure schefter will have an update in a few min. Mario, now Ryans I'd be kinda skeptical if I was a texans fan

Woah! This came out of nowhere! Why in the world would the Texans make this move? Ryans is an absolute beast!

The problem is the MLB... The Texans used Ryans as a 2 down LB.. They took him out on most 3rd downs

Lofton price must be really to high.. They would rather trade a pick for Ryans and his contract (6 year, $48 million contract.,$21.75 million guaranteed) ..

Lofton's medical must really scare teams.. IDK what it is

Something is going on with Lofton if he is not signed this week with a team after Tulloch has now been resigned by his. Is his knees that bad because if it is maybe that is why he is trying to get paid just in case those knees blow out and he will have money to fall back on I don't know but this move is strange here.

We don't even know who they got for Ryans.... Until we know, it's not as if we can question the Texans' decision, nor should we care.

It doesn't really matter who the Texans got. The Eagles had no decent linebackers last year which is why they couldn't stop anyone from running on them and the Texans just finished a season with the 2nd best defense in the NFL. You don't fix what ain't broken.

Interesting. I know his role diminished with them switching to the 3-4 but...WOW! I understand letting Mario walk with that price tag...especially considering they played well without him. Losing him and Ryans though, I wonder if they're getting a little overconfident with their Defense and it's ranking last season.

Interesting. I know his role diminished with them switching to the 3-4 but...WOW! I understand letting Mario walk with that price tag...especially considering they played well without him. Losing him and Ryans though, I wonder if they're getting a little overconfident with their Defense and it's ranking last season.

They can find a quality ILB in most drafts, and next year's will be very good if some of the rising juniors declare. That's a lot of money he's making. It's a good deal for both teams IMO because of the money for Houston, and the need for Philly.

Lofton price must be really to high.. They would rather trade a pick for Ryans and his contract (6 year, $48 million contract.,$21.75 million guaranteed) ..

Well, he made it through last season with no issues and had arguably his best year to date.

Well, he made it through last season with no issues and had arguably his best year to date.

Not so sure last season was his best to date. Only had 64 tackles and 1 FF. 2009 was a much better year, with 123 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF and FR, 2 PD, and 11 TFL.

Unless you are talking about Lofton.

Thats why im surprised

It is some reason why no one is really going after him... The medical tests can tell whats going to most likely happen in a couple of years....I know thats why Bowers slipped in the draft.

IDK tho

I think that according to philly they were looking for a MLB that could play all three downs which would mean that he would be able to cover on passing downs.

according to PFF

Demeco Ryan 2009 season his last year that he would play at the MLB spot in a 4-3

PFF rating they had on him in 2009 when it came to his coverage skills was a 2.0 rating only allowing 8.8 yards per catch while in coverage. He was thrown at 56 times allowed 47 to be caught but only gave up two TDs that's not bad. Now I know that these may not be coaches evaluation numbers but I believe that his pass coverage made the difference in this decision over Lofton in which PFF has Lofton giving up 5 TDs in 2011 and if that is correct while in coverage not good. I'm just saying!

a young player with bad knees that is average in coverage is asking for elite LB money.mm nobody is going to pay that...

For lofton when before this FA started reports were coming out that the Bucs were looking at him then the Eagles got in the mix and the latest is NO. Bucs have made him an offer on what they think is services were worth now he's flirting with NO and them with him but the Eagles are now off the table. If the NO don't make a move but only flirted with the idea because you have to remember they were about to make a move on Tatupu after working him out that Friday than the Falcons signed him on Saturday so do they really want Lofton. The Bucs offer must be to low for him and I just read a report saying they only have about 8mil left and some reports suggest Lofton want 9mil per. If NO and NO back off I say he's a Falcon in 2012.