Looks Like Teams Are Fearful To Sign Lofton

Anyone not wanting Lofton back on a team friendly contract is crazy. I'm not completely comfortable letting a guy who sat out a year last year QBing our defense. Yeah, Tatupu may really pay off, but then again, he may not. Plus if we are going to roll out some 3-4 looks which I hope we do, then we'll need some LB depth.

Guest Fibonacci

Lofton will be back -He obviously thought more of his game than teams around the league. See. john Abraham. 3 yrs 19.5 mill......git'er done

ummm Abraham did not even get that. He could 2 million this year, and then he gets a bonus of another two if he plays a uninjured season. so this year he is only playing for 2 million.

so we have 3 million plus ovie and baker sitting there. we can clearly bring back Lofton at even the price he wants. Or we can get Lofton at a resonible price like everyone else is throwing at him....I mean the eagles and bucs offered him less then the falcons did. Saints offered him the same.

Now with Lofton going to majorly our Rival teams, make me SMH. but I would love to have him back, BUT he would have to prove to me now that he wants to be a falcon.

If we did get Lofton at a resonible price, that would still leave us room to get a LT, if we are going that route. But I do wonder what is going on with McClure though.

"if he comes back"

Are you sure the Falcons are going to invite him back?

We'll never know if someone signs him soon. If he's still out there after the draft then maybe we can assume we don't want him back. I'm not sure why we wouldn't want him back at a budget price. We certainly don't know all the details.

Edited by *TMo*

Anyone not wanting Lofton back on a team friendly contract is crazy. I'm not completely comfortable letting a guy who sat out a year last year QBing our defense. Yeah, Tatupu may really pay off, but then again, he may not. Plus if we are going to roll out some 3-4 looks which I hope we do, then we'll need some LB depth.

bump

Teams aren't fearful of signing him, but most aren't stupid enough to hand him a go-zillion dollars. Lofton is a very good mike against the run, not so good when it takes him awhile to drop into coverage.

At an honest salary, he's an asset as a run-stuffing two-down back. I doubt Nolan wants him out there on third and long.

He has been a rock. . Playing in 95 to 99 percent of defensive downs the last 3 years. . . I think he needs to be resigned for depth, in case tatupa doesn't work out, and to just flat out compete. Especially at a bargain price.

i agree with this assessment.