Tmo's Mock

*TMo*

OK, hadn't done this in a long time. Just an average fan's outlook. I'm certainly not qualified. Just for fun.

Round 2 - Zebrie Sanders, Offensive Tackle - Florida State 6' 6" 320#

Round 3 - Alameda Ta'amu, Defensive Tackle - Washington 6'2" 348#

Round 5 - David Molk, Offensive Center - Michigan 6' 1" 300#

Round 6 - Rokevious Watkins, Offensive Guard - South Carolina 6' 4" 334#

Round 7 - Bruce Figgins, Tight end - Georgia 6' 3" 272#

I just dont know about Zebrie, but I like the rest of the picks ......at 6 instead of the OG, I would like to draft a QB to develop and cut JPW loose, a guy who could replace Redman next year as Ryans backup, if a guy like Case Keenum was there at 6, I would grab him .........

QB has to be addressed sooner or later.

I probably reached a little on Zebrie. Not sure how we're gonna fix that left tackle spot.

Edited by *TMo*

If Ta'amu makes it to the third I will go nuts.

You may be right, might have to acquire him around #55 and worry about an offensive tackle later. I'm just really concerned about that left tackle spot, not sure we can fix it without a higher draft pick.

You may be right, might have to acquire him around #55 and worry about an offensive tackle later. I'm just really concerned about that left tackle spot, not sure we can fix it without a higher draft pick.

You're right to be concerned about LT. If we sign McNeill those concerns somewhat go away.

Being a student at Florida State I will tell you I am underwhelmed with Zebrie Sanders. If he fell to our 3rd round pick then maybe. I just believe we need to either take a tight end or an OL that maybe was projected higher that fell to our 2nd round pick. Also a fan of picking Boykin at some point.

Cool, qualified feedback on Zebrie Sanders. In your opinion will Boykin be available at #55?

Cool, qualified feedback on Zebrie Sanders. In your opinion will Boykin be available at #55?

Boykin also has a broken leg - you know that right, TMo?

Boykin will 95% likely be available at #2-55. I think about 50% chance he would be availabe at #3-87.......

Boykin is a phenomenal kick returner(will be muted in NFL) and punt returner. He is most definitely a playmker but much harder to make a difference in return game in NFL. As a corner, he is undersized but athletic - not a good tackler.

As much as I love Boykin, I say we should PASS on him as the secondary is fairly deep on Falcons right now with Grimes/Dunta as starters with Franks/Walls looking good with upside plus a fairly undependable Chris Owens. Falcons are "good enough" in secondary if Mike Nolan can create pressure with the front 7.

If a marquee D-Tackle fell to our 2nd round pick(not likely) then I would not hesitate there. Either in 2nd or 3rd round Falcons need to address offensive line.

Who do you cut to fit all of those additions on the OLine? I'd change your 5-7 round picks. Hawley is going to be the Center so no need for Molk. Why add a TE at all if your just going to take one in the 7th? We have enough OG depth to pass on an OG in the draft. Maybe take the OC here.

Who do you cut to fit all of those additions on the OLine? I'd change your 5-7 round picks. Hawley is going to be the Center so no need for Molk. Why add a TE at all if your just going to take one in the 7th? We have enough OG depth to pass on an OG in the draft. Maybe take the OC here.

Unless Hawley steps up his play, he wont be our center for long, and even so, we need someone to come in and compete with him ........

Good mock T'Mo. I would go for another position in the 6th since we have a surplus of OG's and we just resigned Blaylok. I tink jackson or johnson will fill in on the right side.

Alemeda is a beast -he is what we need on the interior BIG BODIES....jerry is a bust Walker is depth -Im only comfortable with Peters and Babs.

I think cliff mathews will make the squad this year

Who do you cut to fit all of those additions on the OLine? I'd change your 5-7 round picks. Hawley is going to be the Center so no need for Molk.

May the best man win! If Hawley is the starter who will be his backup? Will Todd McClure be resigned? Molk is incredibly strong and has quick enough feet to pull and move.

Why add a TE at all if your just going to take one in the 7th?

Figgins is the biggest tight end in the draft. Maybe some of the Georgia fans can verify this but he is a really good blocker and not that bad a receiver so the pass coverage doesn't have to account for him. In our old offense we always kept a couple of blocking tight ends on the roster and often moved a lineman out there on short yardage. He would be a replacement for Reggie Kelly, not Tony Gonzalez.

What the future holds for tight ends and h-backs with Coach Koetter I don't know.

Good mock T'Mo. I would go for another position in the 6th since we have a surplus of OG's and we just resigned Blaylok. I tink jackson or johnson will fill in on the right side.

Alemeda is a beast -he is what we need on the interior BIG BODIES....jerry is a bust Walker is depth -Im only comfortable with Peters and Babs.

I think cliff mathews will make the squad this year

Thanx I MUS WRITE.

I also have high hopes for Andrew Jackson and Mike Johnson and will include Vince Manuwai.

Alameda Ta'amu does look like a beast. I just have to remember everyone's highlight videos usually don' t have lowlights. I like what I've seen of him and think he could really add value.

I even have the slightest glimmer of hope for Peria Jerry. I think he makes or breaks in training camp. He could be gone on the first cut if he doesn't elevate his play.

I see you got the essence of this mock draft. I think you win in the trenches at any level of football, especially in the NFL. We have not done that lately. I have heard the Mayocks, Kipers, etc... all say this is a weak draft overall but really deep in the trenches.

I just dont know about Zebrie, but I like the rest of the picks ......at 6 instead of the OG, I would like to draft a QB to develop and cut JPW loose, a guy who could replace Redman next year as Ryans backup, if a guy like Case Keenum was there at 6, I would grab him .........

I like Case Keenum and also really like BJ Coleman from UTC. Tom Dimitroff has often called himself a quarterback evaluation expert. This depth has to be addressed. I wonder how much input TommyD really had with the selection of Tom Brady.

Edited by *TMo*

Unless Hawley steps up his play, he wont be our center for long, and even so, we need someone to come in and compete with him ........

Yea, we don't know what's going to come from Hawley, but having experienced TD for 4 years, I already know he will give Hawley every opportunity to prove him right on drafting him. If he struggles this year, I see us going after his competition next year. Didn't they resign Bruggeman?

May the best man win! If Hawley is the starter who will be his backup? Will Todd McClure be resigned? Molk is incredibly strong and has quick enough feet to pull and move.

Figgins is the biggest tight end in the draft. Maybe some of the Georgia fans can verify this but he is a really good blocker and not that bad a receiver so the pass coverage doesn't have to account for him. In our old offense we always kept a couple of blocking tight ends on the roster and often moved a lineman out there on short yardage. He would be a replacement for Reggie Kelly, not Tony Gonzalez.

What the future holds for tight ends and h-backs with Coach Koetter I don't know.

That's the old offense, something we need to move away from. We already have Palmer, Gallarda, and Winterswyk. If you go TE, at least go with one with great receiving ability and lacking in the blocking dept. Especially earlier than 7th. He wouldn't be any better than Palmer.

I know we need a back up center, that's why I say maybe in the 6th.

Yea, we don't know what's going to come from Hawley, but having experienced TD for 4 years, I already know he will give Hawley every opportunity to prove him right on drafting him. If he struggles this year, I see us going after his competition next year. Didn't they resign Bruggeman?

That's the old offense, something we need to move away from. We already have Palmer, Gallarda, and Winterswyk. If you go TE, at least go with one with great receiving ability and lacking in the blocking dept. Especially earlier than 7th. He wouldn't be any better than Palmer.

I know we need a back up center, that's why I say maybe in the 6th.

We played against Coach Koetter's offense last year but I didn't pay a lot of attention to formations and scheme. I wish I had a better idea of what he may do.

OK, hadn't done this in a long time. Just an average fan's outlook. I'm certainly not qualified. Just for fun.

Round 2 - Zebrie Sanders, Offensive Tackle - Florida State 6' 6" 320#

Round 3 - Alameda Ta'amu, Defensive Tackle - Washington 6'2" 348#

Round 5 - David Molk, Offensive Center - Michigan 6' 1" 300#

Round 6 - Rokevious Watkins, Offensive Guard - South Carolina 6' 4" 334#

Round 7 - Bruce Figgins, Tight end - Georgia 6' 3" 272#

i have no problem drafting for the lines. But how many more Guards can we possibly sign/draft?