What Will Screw Us This Year?

Trouble

Its a few things. But it starts with coaching.

1) discipline: cut the BS mental mistakes and penalties. These hurt the team and kill momentum. Don't defeat yourself.

2) heart: believe no one can beat us and never give up.

3) want it more than the other team. Know they cant break you mentally and you will fight. The old Glandville falcons could even do that. Lose to the 49ers 100-3 but the 49`ers knew when they left it was a war.

4) fan support: that is a hard 1. But the seahawks (they sucked that year) fans showed vs the saints in the playoff game a few years back and showed why home field matters. Rise up no matter how stupid the moto is (its still better than who dat! and they can get a million fans chanting that).

5) practice hard. Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes improvement.

Winning isnt about who has the best starters in FA. Players get hurt on every team and next guys up have to come in and not lose the game. We might not have the biggest named roster but our depth doesn't kill us either.

My point was in the first sentence. It all starts with coaching. We made a lot of dumb mistake last season that killed us and hurt us. Killed drives, got big plays called back, killed momentum. Playing with discipline and not making those mistakes is key to us improving.

These are small things that can be fixed without a Mario signing that will help us win games. But it starts with coaching and we will see if the new guys can get the team to buy into it.

What will kill us this year?

Too many players with a history of injury.

Too much reliance upon "if he can return to his pre-injury form---".

Not enough talent on the offensive line.

Not enough talent or production from the defensive line.

Safeties who can't cover.

One CB with an unsigned tender, another with knees that haven't been tested in man-cover for 2 years.

No backup QB.

A 30 year old high-mileage RB and no reliable backup for him.

An OC who was #32 out of 32, running a scheme that runs directly counter to what Matt Ryan is best suited for.

Other than that? HEY!!! We're golden!!!

Guest Negatorris

1. Stop playing like we're scared to lose. Put foot to opponents throats and NEVER let up period.

This.

The Falcons would be a juggernaut in the NFC if we played aggressively like these players are built to. We play too conservative and safe, and that hurts us more than help us. Three times last season we almost lost to subpar teams because we began stuttering. This falls on Smitty, and if he is as smart as I think he is, than he will change that philosophy. Koetter needs to get Ryan to attack the defense again, like he did in 08. Take your shots, even on 3rd and shorts. I saw the Gmen take shots on 3rd and shorts a lot of times last season, and their offense was unpredictable.

We might have had a top ten offense, but that was only because of the raw talent getting the yards they can. With a coordinator that can utilize the talent correctly, we should easily be top 5 in offense. By trying to play to avoid mistakes, we f*ck ourselves over. That Giants game is a great example. Ryan had no picks, and I think his longest pass was 17 yards to Julio. The Giants secondary was weak and depleted, so I didn't understand why we weren't attacking it. The line was shaky yes, but it had been all season and Ryan was still raping defenses in the last 8 games of the season.

An aggressive unpredictable offense is what we need to boost this team to the next level.

This.

The Falcons would be a juggernaut in the NFC if we played aggressively like these players are built to. We play too conservative and safe, and that hurts us more than help us. Three times last season we almost lost to subpar teams because we began stuttering. This falls on Smitty, and if he is as smart as I think he is, than he will change that philosophy. Koetter needs to get Ryan to attack the defense again, like he did in 08. Take your shots, even on 3rd and shorts. I saw the Gmen take shots on 3rd and shorts a lot of times last season, and their offense was unpredictable.

We might have had a top ten offense, but that was only because of the raw talent getting the yards they can. With a coordinator that can utilize the talent correctly, we should easily be top 5 in offense. By trying to play to avoid mistakes, we f*ck ourselves over. That Giants game is a great example. Ryan had no picks, and I think his longest pass was 17 yards to Julio. The Giants secondary was weak and depleted, so I didn't understand why we weren't attacking it. The line was shaky yes, but it had been all season and Ryan was still raping defenses in the last 8 games of the season.

An aggressive unpredictable offense is what we need to boost this team to the next level.

Yep. We are so **** conservative! Hey Smitty! It's 2012! Not 1970!