Can't Go After Mcniell Until You Bring Back The Cornerstone

TD will need to lock up Todd McClure for at least 1 more season before he should even consider going after Marcus McNiell. Fact is Todd has played at a pro-bowl level and has been severly underpaid under this regime. (good for us).

While Marcus McNiell would be that big splash everyone is hoping for, McClure has undoubtably been a better player over the last few years and comes with far less injury/bust concerns.

If it's up to me I'm on the phone right now with McClure before another team picks him up and willing to let McNiell stay on the market, I seriously doubt he will garner much interest with his conditions, and teams have proven that they'd rather take a washed up old tackle (Backus) over the injury prone dissapointment that is McNiell.

BRING BACK THE MUDD DUCK!!!!

The problem is that we want to run screens next year and.....though he would provide solid depth and (I wouldn't be surprised nor upset if we sign him).....

HE CANT RUN AND HASN"T EVER BLOCKED ON A SCREEN PLAY IN ATLANTA.

Please just youtube some NFL screens by the Patriots or Houston and you will see how valuable centers and guards are on screens.

My concern is that Hawley may not be able to either...........

Well I don't even equate it to McNeil over McClure. I just remember the total nightmare of the first few games last year when he didn't play, and Matt Ryan was mauled and almost killed. I don't know how you rate McClure overall as an offensive lineman, but as the leader of that line who makes the blocking adjustments at the LOS he is excellent and vital for our team next year. Sure Hawley is the heir apparent, and "maybe" he is ready to step in there. But you just cannot replace McClure's experience with anyone else on the roster when it comes to reading the other team's pass rush and making last minute blocking adjustments.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

TD will need to lock up Todd McClure for at least 1 more season before he should even consider going after Marcus McNiell. Fact is Todd has played at a pro-bowl level and has been severly underpaid under this regime. (good for us).

While Marcus McNiell would be that big splash everyone is hoping for, McClure has undoubtably been a better player over the last few years and comes with far less injury/bust concerns.

If it's up to me I'm on the phone right now with McClure before another team picks him up and willing to let McNiell stay on the market, I seriously doubt he will garner much interest with his conditions, and teams have proven that they'd rather take a washed up old tackle (Backus) over the injury prone dissapointment that is McNiell.

BRING BACK THE MUDD DUCK!!!!

Dam Peanut I thought you were a troll.

You seem to be a real Falcon.

You makin a lot of sense today bro.

I'm with you.

Bring back McClure.

One of the best Falcon Olinemen I've ever seen and I've see em all.

so what did I learn here..............that the played the bills and they lost to them this year. SMH

Watch again and pay close attention to what the NE center and other screen running centers CAN DO that our beloved road grader CAN'T.

Love him to death. Tip my hat as a GREAT leader, VET, and road grader, but I would be willing to bet he was one of the big SCREEN HANDCUFFS on our line. Time to move on.

I thought that they might make a play on McNeill they still might I don't know. I would like McClure back but the question is do they and if they have'nt brought him back yet i don't know if they ever will but I thought that it might have been good to bring him back at least one year.

No to Mcclure and Hawley draft a bigger center that can move the pile on 3and1 and if we go for it on 4th and inches we can actually get a inch. Instead of losing 2 yards.

Hawley is plenty strong. He benched 35 at his combine, which was third amongst all O-Linemen. Didn't we even have to shift the line over during the Giants game in an attempt to get some push, because McClure didn't provide enough?

McNeil (340) / Blalock (330) / Hawley (300) / Manuwai (330) / Clabo (330) would be a vastly improved O-Line, imo.

Not to say we shouldn't bring back McClure, he should be brought back to compete with Hawley for the starting C spot. If he beats Hawley out fair and square, I see no reason not to give him the starting position. Just don't overpay for him.

Hawley is plenty strong. He benched 35 at his combine, which was third amongst all O-Linemen. Didn't we even have to shift the line over during the Giants game in an attempt to get some push, because McClure didn't provide enough?

McNeil (340) / Blalock (330) / Hawley (300) / Manuwai (330) / Clabo (330) would be a vastly improved O-Line, imo.

Not to say we shouldn't bring back McClure, he should be brought back to compete with Hawley for the starting C spot. If he beats Hawley out fair and square, I see no reason not to give him the starting position. Just don't overpay for him.

Watch the falcons vs lions game he just flat out sucked and he was at og. How can you whiff and get pushed back so many times in one game.

What I don't understand:

We need to run screens to slow down the pass rush.

We have an OC now that can really draw them screens up in the sand.

We have a 30 year old RB that isn't shifty and gets chased down from behind.

We have road graders for an OL and you guys want to sign the biggest and slowest one back.

We need a LT, RG, AND C.

Edited by hiawasseefalcon

Watch the falcons vs lions game he just flat out sucked and he was at og. How can you whiff and get pushed back so many times in one game.

Yes, putting a C in as a stopgap at OG next to an already undersized C who couldn't get any push is sure to make him look really good against the likes of Ndamukong Suh and the rest of the Lions D-Line. We should just cut him right now.

Yes, putting a C in as a stopgap at OG next to an already undersized C who couldn't get any push is sure to make him look really good against the likes of Ndamukong Suh and the rest of the Lions D-Line. We should just cut him right now.

I wouldn't oppose

Get use to it Gents. Hawley will be our stating center and we'll either draft a back-up G/C, or we'll sign a vet to ride the pine. And watch the first couple of games from last year. Hawley steadily improved at center (it was Reynolds destroying our line play). Having the second half of the season to play beside a savy vet like McClure only increased Hawley's development. And as a center, he's one of the strongest in the league.

In short, McClure's days here are done.

Get use to it Gents. Hawley will be our stating center and we'll either draft a back-up G/C, or we'll sign a vet to ride the pine. And watch the first couple of games from last year. Hawley steadily improved at center (it was Reynolds destroying our line play). Having the second half of the season to play beside a savy vet like McClure only increased Hawley's development. And as a center, he's one of the strongest in the league.

In short, McClure's days here are done.

I think that is about the skinny of it.