I'm In The Minority Here

Dan Marino never won the Super Bowl. Marino after he retired held every passing record known to man. But Marino is always known for never having won the Super Bowl and only making it there once. Marino's last NFL game was a home playoff loss 62-7. Dan Marino's regular season record was 147-93. But Marino's playoff record was anything but impressive.

1983 - 0-1

1984 - 2-1

1985 - 1-1

1990 - 1-1

1992 - 1-1

1994 - 1-1

1995 - 0-1

1997 - 0-1

1998 - 1-1

1999 - 1-1

TOTAL - 8-10

I don't know about you guys but I would be disappointed if Matt Ryan and the Falcons never won the Super Bowl during Ryan's career here but I would be pretty happy if we had a 15 year run of making the plays 10-12 times with a few playoff wins here and there but never winning the Super Bowl.

I most certainly would take that over winning 1 Super Bowl and having 14 years of horrible 5-6 win seasons. I'm seen enough 5-6 seasons and I don't want to see anymore. I know I'm in the minority here with this thinking but I don't care! Now I'll take that flaming.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 years ago, i would have agreed with you.

Watching the Falcons teams in the late 80's early 90's i would have given anything just to be relevant during the post-season. I mean, who wouldnt want to have watched Deion going head to head with Jerry Rice in a meaningful play-off game? Great times, regardless.

But now, the world is spinning faster, and i just want that elusive superbowl.

I don't know about you guys but I would be disappointed if Matt Ryan and the Falcons never won the Super Bowl during Ryan's career here but I would be pretty happy if we had a 15 year run of making the plays 10-12 times with a few playoff wins here and there but never winning the Super Bowl.

How can you say that after listening to those jack-offs from New Orleans rubbing our nose in their Super Bowl for the last 2 years?

How can you say that after listening to those jack-offs from New Orleans rubbing our nose in their Super Bowl for the last 2 years?

Because I don't let those jack-offs get under my skin. I'm laughing at them right now and will be laughing even harder when Goodell drops the boom. I know they didn't earn that Super Bowl trophy they got. So it doesn't bother me.

I would like to see Falcons reach, or win a Super Bowl eventually, and the more winning seasons we put together, the more likely that is. I'll get frustrated and despondent when they lose, especially when they play atrociously, but I think it's important to appreciate the bigger picture and be happy so long as the Falcons are on the right track.

It seems a fair few want the team to roll the dice on the here and now, which is all very well, and sometimes understandable, but if you gamble it all on the short term and lose, you're screwing the franchise for years to come, whereas at the moment I feel like we do have a shot next year, but we should also have a chance the year after, and the year after that.

Would I be happy with not winning a Super Bowl over the next 20 years? Not really. But do I think it's worth risking 19 years of turmoil for 1 year of glory? Definitely not!

I would like to see Falcons reach, or win a Super Bowl eventually, and the more winning seasons we put together, the more likely that is. I'll get frustrated and despondent when they lose, especially when they play atrociously, but I think it's important to appreciate the bigger picture and be happy so long as the Falcons are on the right track.

It seems a fair few want the team to roll the dice on the here and now, which is all very well, and sometimes understandable, but if you gamble it all on the short term and lose, you're screwing the franchise for years to come, whereas at the moment I feel like we do have a shot next year, but we should also have a chance the year after, and the year after that.

Would I be happy with not winning a Super Bowl over the next 20 years? Not really. But do I think it's worth risking 19 years of turmoil for 1 year of glory? Definitely not!

Thank you. That's exactly the point of this thread. Don't blow up the team just to get 1 shot a winning a Super Bowl and sacrifice many years into the future. The way TD is building this team is correct in that he wants a team that is a yearly playoff contender with a chance to win the Super Bowl every year. You have to make the playoffs first before you get a chance to win it.

Well. I can honestly say I would be fine having losing records from now until doomsday if we could win only one super bowl. That would be a trade that I would be willing to make. Winning records mean nothing to me if you can get it done. After 30+ years, my time is running out.

^^^^^^^^^^

Making it isn't good enough anymore...

We already been doing that for 3 outta the last 4 years.

To me this opinion means your happy with the team stagnating or accepting the Status Quo.

I am now not I want this team to show it can compete with the elite in the league by taking that next step thats all I'm looking for all else is failure in my eyes.

^^^^^^^^^^

Making it isn't good enough anymore...

We already been doing that for 3 outta the last 4 years.

To me this opinion means your happy with the team stagnating or accepting the Status Quo.

I am now not I want this team to show it can compete with the elite in the league by taking that next step thats all I'm looking for all else is failure in my eyes.

If you don't make the playoffs you can't win the Super Bowl.

The longer you are a contender to win each year the better your chances to go to a SB and win one. Do I want us to have Super Bowl title I sure do. But not sure I would say give me one and it is ok if we go back to the suckitude we had for years. I think we are trying to do it the right way and I like where we are headed overall, we just have to be patient as building a Super Bowl winner is not something you get at the Drive Thru.

If you don't make the playoffs you can't win the Super Bowl.

if you don't win enough regular season games, you don't make the playoffs...no wonder there are teams that have been around 70 + and never won it all

edit- misread as "win in the playoffs," but still applies

Edited by SAINTªANGER

before your team wins the 1st SB you say to yourself, all i want is to win just one...but that's never enough, noooo you want more and more...and more...basically you turn into a championship obsessed greedy bastid ph34r.png

Maybe the government will offer your city free counseling.

Noone realized giving you a free championship by ordering refs to turn thier heads, and delaying team penalties for major league infractions like drug use and bountygate was going to cause a major depression among the fans.

God, i feel so sorry for you. Maybe FEMA has more uses than originally intended.

Blank needs rest. I need rest. 73,947 long time Falcons need rest. You need rest.

It's time folks.

^^^Let's win baby! Been watchin these boys since Fulton County Stadium...we deserve a title!!! We've already dealt with the bad times. Shoot! Even the lowly ain'ts have a friggin Lombardi (bounty or no)