Archer And Bell Talk Lofton

sandtrap

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh. I like Lofton, but if he comes back we're going to have 3 or 4 2 down LBs. We need to be getting more coverage/speedy LBs, and we keep stocking up on 2 down thumpers.

I'd rather see them get another OLB than bring back Lofton. It'd be a different story if they hadn't already signed Tatupu. But I'm still more in favor of them moving toward "everydown" LBs.

would like to have him back but he will be on my poop list. Dont know who said it but this is right...Could you see ray lewis leaving the ravens for the steelers?

Yes I could.

Did you see the D-Block Segment Big Boy Edition?

Corey Peters says...."I'm just trying to get paid!!!," and all the ATL Falcons stood up and cheered.

Anyone who thinks these guys don't consider playing football a job are naive. Ray Lewis was a free agent, most recently, and was considering any team who will offer them the most money.

Edited by SOI

Yes I could.

Did you see the D-Block Segment Big Boy Edition?

Corey Peters says...."I'm just trying to get paid!!!," and all the ATL Falcons stood up and cheered.

Anyone who thinks these guys don't consider playing football a job are naive. Ray Lewis was a free agent, most recently, and was considering any team who will offer them the most money.

its one thing to try to get your old team to give you more money by testing the market but ray lewis was never leaving baltimore.

Another point they brought up was that if he doesn't come back, they thought Lofa and Dent could still get the necessary production from that position. I like Lofton as long as he can be back at a fair price for what he brings to the table. He's been talking to other teams and hasn't heard what he's wanted to so far so maybe that coupled with Abe signing back will give him a clearer picture of what "fair market value" is for him.

Edited by ol'_dirty2

Wow. I would be up for bringing Lofton back. By then, his price would be very reasonable and give us a very deep LB corps. I don't know how you figure out how to play 4 LBs (maybe 5 with Dent) but that's a good problem to have, not a bad one.

If TD had to figure out how to re-sign Lofton and McNeil wanted to join the team, he would make it work. You can bank on that.

Well yall boys already know.

If I was your GM Lofton would have been my first offseason pick.

#1 on my offseason shopping list.

If somehow we let him go I will know a lot more about our FO. And a lot more about you guys.

Buddy is 25 years old and primed for a breakout.

Nothin comes to sleepers but a dream.

Let me start this off with i like Lofton... I hoped we resign him before FA sign.. But let me ask you this since he would have been your 1st signing....

Would you have paid him the reported 8-10 mil a season he was looking for ?

Well yall boys already know.

If I was your GM Lofton would have been my first offseason pick.

#1 on my offseason shopping list.

If somehow we let him go I will know a lot more about our FO. And a lot more about you guys.

Buddy is 25 years old and primed for a breakout.

Nothin comes to sleepers but a dream.

statistically speaking, what would this breakout look like? he already plays a ton and rolls up a huge number of tackles, exactly what is he going to breakout into?

Problem is there is only two LT's worth signing right now, McNeil and Bell. I don't know if TD is excited about either guy because there has been little to no smoke. I like Curtis but he overvalued himself and now is either embarrassed or just stubborn to take what's on the table.

Let me start this off with i like Lofton... I hoped we resign him before FA sign.. But let me ask you this since he would have been your 1st signing....

Would you have paid him the reported 8-10 mil a season he was looking for ?

Hail yeah I would have paid buddy big time.

Maybe not $10 mil but definitely $6-8M.

Dude is 25 years old and has already ripped plenty NFL as. Five years younger than Grimes and 10 years younger than Abe. One of the best MLBs in the league. Smart, leader, as beater and way better in coverage than advertised. And yes I think he can play 3-4 or 4-3.