Good Or Bad Trade?.. Kw2 From Bucs...for... Stewart From Panthers.

Big Bubba

Was browsing the Bucs forum, saw someone jokingly put the topic out there.

Got me thinking...

That's a pretty dang good idea. Granted, I know it won't happen. Still though, Bucs get the answer they need at RB, Stewart and Blount would make a fierce as h3ll tandem. Would propel the Bucs backfield to one of the best in the league.

The Panthers get a TE that has 5+ years left. One that has much affection for Chud and can be a lethal weapon when paired up with Olsen, in the Panthers 2 TE system.

I like Stewart... a lot. With Cam's ability to run around though, it will open it up for other Rbs to find success in the Panthers system. A veteran TE would give Cam another weapon through the air. With no word on Shockey, another solid TE is a must for the Panthers 2 TE system. Will be interesting to see if they try to pick up a vet from FA, try to trade for one, or draft one to develop.

I bet the Buc fans on here will back me in saying that the Panthers would be getting ripped off horribly. Stewart's a full-package workhorse that could hold up a lesser offense and be one of the main contributors on a contender; Winslow will produce when he's on the field but he's not going to be such a substantial upgrade over Shockey or a moderately high draft pick to justify trading a player like Stewart to a division rival.

I bet the Buc fans on here will back me in saying that the Panthers would be getting ripped off horribly. Stewart's a full-package workhorse that could hold up a lesser offense and be one of the main contributors on a contender; Winslow will produce when he's on the field but he's not going to be such a substantial upgrade over Shockey or a moderately high draft pick to justify trading a player like Stewart to a division rival.

I'll instantly agree to that. K2 is simply a gimpy kneed, very talented tight end with narcissistic tendencies, therefore making him a liability to the club. The ONLY reason we may keep him this season is that we have no one of similar talent to replace him in the passing game. He was a huge part of the reason for our offensive meltdown last season! He didn't even know some of the plays (probably because Morris rarely made him practice). Besides, our new offense will be more of a ground game, vertical passing style requiring the tight end to block 80% of the time. Most of us here can block as well as K2.

If this trade were offered to us, Mark Dominick would have his signature on the trade sheet so fast the ink from the printer will not have dried!

I look at it like, it would give the Bucs a top 5 RB combo for the next 4 or so years. It would give the Panthers a top 5 TE combo for the next 4 or so years. Granted, Stewart will have a few big games at the Panthers expense. On that same note, I think K2 will have a few big games at the Bucs expense.

I think Stewart would be great if this trade goes down and the Bucs somehow make him lead dog in a two RB system. I also think K2 would raise his game to a new level if paired with Olsen, in Chud's system.

Edited by pox 08

Another dream scenario for me would be... Stewart + Panthers #9 pick to the Browns for the Browns #4 pick. Panthers select Claiborne, or, if Kalil is still there, Kalil. One kalil is an all pro player...... two Kalils? Dang, that's just scary.

Edited by pox 08

I look at it like, it would give the Bucs a top 5 RB combo for the next 4 or so years. It would give the Panthers a top 5 TE combo for the next 4 or so years. Granted, Stewart will have a few big games at the Panthers expense. On that same note, I think K2 will have a few big games at the Bucs expense.

I think Stewart would be great if this trade goes down and the Bucs somehow make him lead dog in a two RB system. I also think K2 would raise his game to a new level if paired with Olsen, in Chud's system.

Problem is, the Panthers don't want the Bucs to have a top 5 rb combo, and if the Panthers have a "top 5" TE core, it's still not going to be the same caliber as New England's, which would be the only way to justify strengthening a division rival as much as this trade likely would.

Problem is, the Panthers don't want the Bucs to have a top 5 rb combo, and if the Panthers have a "top 5" TE core, it's still not going to be the same caliber as New England's, which would be the only way to justify strengthening a division rival as much as this trade likely would.

Sound a little worried there, Serge.wink.png

At least your honest about your homerism.

As opposed to posting on the rivals board of a team sports message board because of a need to prove to other people that I can take a side on something and maintain objectivity for its own sake?

As opposed to posting on the rivals board of a team sports message board because of a need to prove to other people that I can take a side on something and maintain objectivity for its own sake?

Yep. It's a sign of intelligence.

But hey, who wants that, right?

Yep. It's a sign of intelligence.

But hey, who wants that, right?

Showing up at a message board for fans of a certain team to argue with fans of rival teams with the single intention of proving to strangers that you are capable of objectivity when you're all posting as fans of a football team sounds like one of the saddest and loneliest activities a person can voluntarily engage in, not to mention one of the most boring and tedious. If objectivity was as important here as it is in the real world and I wasn't doing this because I enjoy talking about football as a fan of a specific team I'd expect a paycheck for all the typing I do on here.

I can see why a homer would interpret that as a negative.

Showing up at a message board for fans of a certain team to argue with fans of rival teams with the single intention of proving to strangers that you are capable of objectivity when you're all posting as fans of a football team sounds like one of the saddest and loneliest activities a person can voluntarily engage in, not to mention one of the most boring and tedious. If objectivity was as important here as it is in the real world and I wasn't doing this because I enjoy talking about football as a fan of a specific team I'd expect a paycheck for all the typing I do on here.

Sad & Lonely........Yeah, you've got ole jb pegged!laugh.png

You are one funny mutha.

Sad & Lonely........Yeah, you've got ole jb pegged!laugh.png

You are one funny mutha.

I wasn't joking at all. It would take some effort to come up with something that sounds like a more telling symptom for depression and social isolation (that could be expressed over a computer screen) than posting in a message board just to prove to strangers that you can be objective about sports despite being a fan of a specific team, and I hope to Christ that's not what makes you keep coming back.

As a person who is a fan of another team I don't come on here to prove to strangers I can be objective about other teams, I come here to see what other fans are saying about their team. As much as I may not like the Panthers, Bucs and Falcons we know the players on these teams bc we play them twice a year and they are our division rivals. Since I don't follow the Falcons like I follow the Saints I come here to find out what is going on within the Falcon's organization. It makes the game more interesting. Coming here makes for much more spirited debate then going on your own teams message board and just saying agreed, agreed, agreed. I watch football bc I enjoy it and it's entertainment, and this also offers entertainment value. What makes you Serge, so much better than anybody else ? Maybe it's bc you enjoy putting people down while hiding behind a computer screen. Would you be that big of a "man" in person? So for you to say J.B. Is lonely and depressed for coming here that only shows how lonely and depressed you are to come to your own teams message board to pick a fight with somebody. Maybe it enriches your self worth, but really it just make you pathetic.

As a person who is a fan of another team I don't come on here to prove to strangers I can be objective about other teams, I come here to see what other fans are saying about their team. As much as I may not like the Panthers, Bucs and Falcons we know the players on these teams bc we play them twice a year and they are our division rivals. Since I don't follow the Falcons like I follow the Saints I come here to find out what is going on within the Falcon's organization. It makes the game more interesting. Coming here makes for much more spirited debate then going on your own teams message board and just saying agreed, agreed, agreed. I watch football bc I enjoy it and it's entertainment, and this also offers entertainment value. What makes you Serge, so much better than anybody else ? Maybe it's bc you enjoy putting people down while hiding behind a computer screen. Would you be that big of a "man" in person? So for you to say J.B. Is lonely and depressed for coming here that only shows how lonely and depressed you are to come to your own teams message board to pick a fight with somebody. Maybe it enriches your self worth, but really it just make you pathetic.

In your rush to judge, you probably missed where I never said anything about jb, I said that showing up on a sports team's message board specifically to prove to strangers that you are capable of objectivity was a sad and lonely activity, which jb immediately assumed was referring to him when I never said as much or even implied that that was what I thought jb did. And as I've told jb on many occasions, a point you might learn well the first time, his habit of responding to things that weren't actually addressed to him and following smack with "I know you are but what am I" is even more transparent on a message board than it is IRL.

Edited by Serge

In your rush to judge, you probably missed where I never said anything about jb, I said that showing up on a sports team's message board specifically to prove to strangers that you are capable of objectivity was a sad and lonely activity, which jb immediately assumed was referring to him when I never said as much or even implied that that was what I thought jb did. And as I've told jb on many occasions, a point you might learn well the first time, his habit of responding to things that weren't actually addressed to him and following smack with "I know you are but what am I" is even more transparent on a message board than it is IRL.

Serge, you replied directly to JB! You even quoted his post and made that comment! Regardless of who you were referring to that doesn't diminish what you said. I haven't been on this board very long, and maybe that's how you guys talk to each other, but to me that goes beyond football rivalry. When you start making personal jabs at anybody in general it seems like you have some underlying personal issues yourself. No need to personally attack a guy bc you don't like what he says. It's one thing to say her your a dumb a** and don't know what your are talking about, regarding football, but when you take it to the extent you did that is just going too far. I just didn't see the need for you to post that comment. I thought you sounded like a bully.

Great for the buccies bad for the panthers. Remind me again when KW2 last did ANYTHING?

Maybe I've too much faith in Chud? :P K2 has had some beastly catches during his tenure with the Bucs. He has averaged over 700 yards and 4 TD a season with the Bucs. Not exactly chump change. I think the guy could excel in Chud's system.

Maybe I've too much faith in Chud? K2 has had some beastly catches during his tenure with the Bucs. He has averaged over 700 yards and 4 TD a season with the Bucs. Not exactly chump change. I think the guy could excel in Chud's system.

You give us Stewart for him and I would LOVE to see K2 try!wink.png

Serge, you replied directly to JB! You even quoted his post and made that comment! Regardless of who you were referring to that doesn't diminish what you said. I haven't been on this board very long, and maybe that's how you guys talk to each other, but to me that goes beyond football rivalry. When you start making personal jabs at anybody in general it seems like you have some underlying personal issues yourself. No need to personally attack a guy bc you don't like what he says. It's one thing to say her your a dumb a** and don't know what your are talking about, regarding football, but when you take it to the extent you did that is just going too far. I just didn't see the need for you to post that comment. I thought you sounded like a bully.

If you haven't been on this board long enough to see one of jb's "personal jab" sessions with wf/rw then you haven't been here long enough to be playing moderator.