I Get It

Durrtay

I will see your bet and raise you. I bet the FO and coaching staff thought the roster we had already was adequate with new coordinators/schemes, and HAD a TON of FA's about to leave the most winning team in the NFC the last four seasons. After deciding to "retain our core players" (now where did I hear that phrase?), they did not have a lot of money to make the "big splash" in FA most of our board members thought was necessary to improve our team.

This was not a bad team last year, but obviously it was not in the upper tier of elite teams. But I also am quite sure we did not need to rebuild it either. The fact that we had so many FAs to resign precluded any big name additions in FA.

What do you think?

This is kind of a rabbit trail but relative in a sense. The media draft experts (Kiper, Mayock, etc...) have mentioned this being a weak draft but deep in the trenches. A few valuable components could come from the draft that address our weakness.

All I want for Christmas is a solid LT, a solid LT, a solid LT. I wasn't expecting us to pick up Super Mario, but I was definately on the bandwagon for him coming. We will address both the O and D Line in the draft. Hopefully we go OT, DT, then TE.

I'll bet we draft a TE first, they say theyre sparse this draft anyway, but I'd like to see us come away with an OT and DE as well.

I'll call your bet and raise you, I'll bet MS will be let go after this season and Nolan elevated to head coach.

When Nolan got the job, there were sources quoted as saying he doesn't have aspirations to be the HC anymore, and loves the DC position, because he can spend more time actually coaching than having to deal with all the additional turmoil that goes with being the guy. I also think it's asinine to bet on the demise of the winningest coach the Falcons have ever had.

When Nolan got the job, there were sources quoted as saying he doesn't have aspirations to be the HC anymore, and loves the DC position, because he can spend more time actually coaching than having to deal with all the additional turmoil that goes with being the guy. I also think it's asinine to bet on the demise of the winningest coach the Falcons have ever had.

Call it whatcha want, but AB holds no loyalty to anyone on this staff.