Does Nolan Already Have His Cameron Wake On This Squad Already..

bigjmw84

or does he need to acquire him thru FA/Draft? Biermann could do well in that role, but I think Manny Lawson would fit the bill perfectly. He hasnt been picked up yet, and his price will end up being more manageable. Bruce Irvin would be a nice pickup. They say his a 2 year project, but if anyone is able to maximize his raw abilities in order to be a solid contributor, Nolan can do it. I like Nicholas, but Lawson could be more versatile, at around the same amount or less.

with Bierman, Sidbury, Abraham, Spoon, Nicholas, Edwards & Tatupu, Nolan has a great group of guys to work with. we don't need anymore DEs or LBs, we need DTs

This^^

I don't see how anybody really thinks we will add a front 7 player in the draft early. We have 5 DEs and 5 LBs. We have 4 DTs but only 2 who really play. One of those go down and we are screwed. Look at the games without Babs.

But as per the OP, yes I think Biermann and Sidbury will be surprises this year

with Bierman, Sidbury, Abraham, Spoon, Nicholas, Edwards & Tatupu, Nolan has a great group of guys to work with. we don't need anymore DEs or LBs, we need DTs

I can get with that option. 1.Would you go for help in FA or would you go for it in the draft ? 2. Would you go for a space eater or a Penetrator?

If we get McNeil, I think we will have the space to grab a vet like Amobi Okoye,John Henderson, or Pat Simms

I agree regarding adding 1 DT. I can't understand why Amobi Okoye is not getting any interest from any teams. The guy is a good interior pass rusher. He sacked Ryan last year for a 9 yard loss when we played the Bears and had 4 sacks on the year with limited action. We need to get this guy on a multi-year deal to backup and take over from Babs when his contract is up.

I agree as well but I think you have to remeber that you don't want to reach but at the same time you hope some one falls and there sre a lot of good DT's but there all projected to anywhere from high in the 1st two a mid 2nd but I don't any of those guys will fall but if so lets hope its Poe or Brockers

But my guy at 55 is Bruce Irvin he is a guy that can change the game with his speed and explovisness. I don't think we have a guy like that and the thing on Irvin that could allow him to fall is because he had a bad season and is a specialess in that he can really only pass rush but thats what we need plus I really don't think the Falcons have totally given up on Peria Jerry he did play well at times last year.

This^^

I don't see how anybody really thinks we will add a front 7 player in the draft early. We have 5 DEs and 5 LBs. We have 4 DTs but only 2 who really play. One of those go down and we are screwed. Look at the games without Babs.

i agree with possible emergence of Beer & Sid. However you contradict yourself on drafting a DT. I think Falcons would be wise to draft a DT at #2-55 if a really good one falls. Babs/Peters are not really playing at high level - they are just OK/mediocre. Falcons desperately need upgraded talent at D-Tackle.

i agree with possible emergence of Beer & Sid. However you contradict yourself on drafting a DT. I think Falcons would be wise to draft a DT at #2-55 if a really good one falls. Babs/Peters are not really playing at high level - they are just OK/mediocre. Falcons desperately need upgraded talent at D-Tackle.

I meant to say beyond DT. Like you said, even though Bab and Peters aren't great, they are good players. But the drop from them to Jerry/Walker is saddening. That's why I think DT is the #1 choice at #55 now with the good possibility of McNeil being a Falcon. There would be no pressing needs on offense and none in the back 7 on defense plus no room for a DE.

Now if it's between Fleener and Worthy, I find it hard not to take Fleener. But the combo of Ta'amu/Egnew is a real possibility and would give us two good players.

This^^

babs even needs to be upgraded... He been lacking for two yrs

Amazing. All of the do-nothing, no-talent never-will-be's that have disappointed and left "this will be the year of---" threads to choke and die in the forum archives will suddenly become All Pro dominating players?

Biermann, Sidbury, Jerry, have never done jack-diddly-squat.

Abe feasts on weak teams when he's healthy.

Tatupu has been either out while injured or crappy while playing hurt since the Bush administration.

Edwards was just pathetic away from Minnesota's stacked defensive line around him.

Wake up. Nolan is one of the best, if not the best, Defensive Coordinators in the league. But he can only do so much. If he can gel all of these disappointing sad-sack no-talents and injured has-beens into a top-notch defense? Then wow. Not sure how we would keep him here and away from another head coaching gig.

Amazing. All of the do-nothing, no-talent never-will-be's that have disappointed and left "this will be the year of---" threads to choke and die in the forum archives will suddenly become All Pro dominating players?

Biermann, Sidbury, Jerry, have never done jack-diddly-squat.

Abe feasts on weak teams when he's healthy.

Tatupu has been either out while injured or crappy while playing hurt since the Bush administration.

Edwards was just pathetic away from Minnesota's stacked defensive line around him.

Wake up. Nolan is one of the best, if not the best, Defensive Coordinators in the league. But he can only do so much. If he can gel all of these disappointing sad-sack no-talents and injured has-beens into a top-notch defense? Then wow. Not sure how we would keep him here and away from another head coaching gig.

to down the defense that bad is going to far... This defense was still a top 10 D. Insteaeld of relying purly on the front 4 getting after the QB l, he will blitzed in different ways to create that pressure...