The Road We've Traveled

falcon_bob

It's easy to forget what dire straits we were in when he took office and though times are still tough it could have been much worse. My biggest gripe against him, besides Eric Holder and his various bunglings and executive branch power grabs, is that the AHA (affectionately referred to as Obamacare) didn't go far enough. It fixed half the problems with the healthcare system, but the providers can still jack up their rates just to take advantage of health insurers, those without insurance, and medicare, none of which can really negotiate the prices to get reasonable, fixed rates that don't screw everyone but providers. What I'd like to see is a system like they have in Germany where it is still a private system but the providers and insurers negotiate prices for procedures, which drives prices down for both, and if they're not reasonable for the people then the government will step in and set a very low rate which will force them both to negotiate a better deal for their customers. Insurance is cheap there, procedures are cheap there, and, surprise surprise, they're both booming businesses that do not screw over their customers.

I could go on about other things, like the can of worms the Baye-Dole Act and several related court rulings opened, but I don't want to rant about that at the moment.

To be honest, I think its nice to have a president I can be proud of for a change. One who stepped into a situation with an economy on the verge of collapse, fighting wars on two major fronts.

I don't remember aany president who accomplished three major goals while in the first three years of office.

He ran his whole campaign saying he would pass a healthcare bill. He got it passed.

He said he would bring the troops home from Iraq. He has been doing so

He said he would go into pakistan if necessary to get Bin Laden, and was ridiculed by John McCain who said Pakistan was our " friend"

And its like he said, there are too many people worried about the politics of it than worried about wrong or right.'

Idiots on here are so political one has even called killing Osama an " illegal assasination"

Given the situation he inherited, I have no problem saying he has done an outstanding job on some fronts.

Im proud of him.

Basically, just enough to keep Americans in line and keep voting along typical party lines--exactly what the big machine wants.

Obamacare is a farce and this video makes it seem like it was a major win. The only people who won was the health care companies and especially pharmaceutical companies.

I don't even want to start on mile standards, etc. Nothing but dangling carrots to keep people voting the same and avoid the revolution that has to happen for real change.

Separation of church and state? What's the first thing that happens when someone is sworn in? They put their hand on a BIBLE. Nah, that's not an establishment of religion--not at all.

They got ya fooled America, wake the **** up...

Basically, just enough to keep Americans in line and keep voting along typical party lines--exactly what the big machine wants.

Obamacare is a farce and this video makes it seem like it was a major win. The only people who won was the health care companies and especially pharmaceutical companies.

I don't even want to start on mile standards, etc. Nothing but dangling carrots to keep people voting the same and avoid the revolution that has to happen for real change.

Separation of church and state? What's the first thing that happens when someone is sworn in? They put their hand on a BIBLE. Nah, that's not an establishment of religion--not at all.

huge-not-worthy.gif

on a personal note to you Bob, in a public forum, I respect you so I also join you in your boycott of those two posters. I won't boycott all political posts, because some are made by good posters with honest intentions to discuss things. I will still post in those and start my own.

First my Facebook revolution and now this?! I should use my powers for good...

They wouldn't vote for Ron Paul if they understood him perfectly.

As much as I like Ron Paul, I really can't stand certain branches of his support. I adore his stance on civil liberties and foreign policy, but his internal and fiscal policies would be disastrous. He's staunchly in the Austrian school of economics which is, in essence, just laissez-faire, which we have not had since the Gilded Age, which is named such for a reason. He says his policies will fix cronyism but if anything it will make it worse due to further lack of regulation, not to mention the gold standard will not fix currency issues: Their was inflation with the gold standard, it is simply something that happens. Even Adam Smith, the inventor of capitalism, stated there needed to be a social safety net for the system to work properly and to prevent too much wealth being concentrated at the top to prevent stagnation and social unrest, but Paul does not adhere to this.

At any rate, hopefully Paul sues the GOP for their blatant delegate fraud. Anything to help cause the Republicans to collapse and force them to abandon the far right branches of the party is welcome to me.

It's absolutely glossed over by these homers just how bad Obamacare has been. It was supposed to control costs...Medical inflation last year was 9%, the sharpest increase in 6 years. This year is on track to be double digits.

It was supposed to cover more people. Currently, we cover 82% with some form of health insurance. By 2022, it will be 93%. Cost? $1,500,000,000,000. That's 45,000 for every new person covered.

^^^

Glad you're proud of that. Fools.

It's absolutely glossed over by these homers just how bad Obamacare has been. It was supposed to control costs...Medical inflation last year was 9%, the sharpest increase in 6 years. This year is on track to be double digits.

It was supposed to cover more people. Currently, we cover 82% with some form of health insurance. By 2022, it will be 93%. Cost? $1,500,000,000,000. That's 45,000 for every new person covered.

^^^

Glad you're proud of that. Fools.

Never had a problem with you Kicker. Keep calling me a fool and that can change. Your call.

I apologize.

appreciate it. But I did come off a little strong to you myself, so I apologize,too.. Its just the word "fool" is a very strong word to me and I realize everyone doesn't feel that way. Im no saint who is above name calling, but I would really have to have a hate on for someone for me to call them a fool..

Like I said, you may not feel the same about the word and I shouldn't have assumed you knew how I feel about it so its all under the bridge now.