Leaving Atlanta....

kmbutts

After 44 years in Atlanta, my family and I are moving to Orlando next spring. Atlanta holds so many fond memories for me...the first sports game my dad ever took me to at Fulton County Stadium, Hammering Hank broke the Babe's record...I remember the old Underground Atlanta with the wax museum....the World of Sid and Marty Croft atop the CNN Center....the ice rink at the CNN Center...The Pink Pig atop Rich's Department store....Lionel Playworld....Lion Country Safari.....etc. My love for the Falcons has been first an foremost all of these years! I bleed Red n' Black, and that won't stop just because I have change of address.

I am sure that a few of the posters never had the experience of the feeling the wind chill you to the bone, or the rain completely drenching you at Fulton County Stadium; for those that complain about the Falcon's front office are either too young or forgot about the utter ineptness of the Rankin Smith regime. One thing is for sure; win, lose, or draw, your's truly will always be found in front of a HD tv every Sunday during football season, and it's gonna stay that way until I take that final dirt nap!

Edited by kmbutts

After 44 years in Atlanta, my family and I are moving to Orlando next spring. Atlanta holds so many fond memories for me...the first sports game my dad ever took me to at Fulton County Stadium, Hammering Hank broke the Babe's record...I remember the old Underground Atlanta with the wax museum....the World of Sid and Marty Croft atop the CNN Center....the ice rink at the CNN Center...The Pink Pig atop Rich's Department store....Lionel Playworld....Lion Country Safari.....etc. My love for the Falcons has been first an foremost all of these years! I bleed Red n' Black, and that won't stop just because I have change of address.

I am sure that a few of the posters never had the experience of the feeling the wind chill you to the bone, or the rain completely drenching you at Fulton County Stadium; for those that complain about the Falcon's front office are either too young or forgot about the utter ineptness of the Rankin Smith regime. One thing is for sure; win, lose, or draw, your's truly will always be found in front of a HD tv every Sunday during football season, and it's gonna stay that way until I take that final dirt nap!

No matter what you do, or how much they torture you, or how much they brainwash you...do NOT become a Bucs fan! Dolphins, thats ok. Jacksonville, meh. But the Bucs? Nuh uh! :P

No matter what you do, or how much they torture you, or how much they brainwash you...do NOT become a Bucs fan! Dolphins, thats ok. Jacksonville, meh. But the Bucs? Nuh uh! tongue.png

I would rather crawl through the bowels of Hades with gasoline soaked asbestos long johns before evahhhh doing that!!!!

Guest Negatorris

Good to see one of the older Falcons fans with some sense. The people hear cry so much I forgot there were still people around like you, man. Good luck in Orlando and make sure to laugh in face of a few Bucs fans for me!

No, I"m not too young, as others here aren't either, nor do we forget. If your not expressing your opinions on what you think the Falcons should or should not do then your not a real fan IMO, your just a fair weather friend. JMO............

I wish you the best of luck in your new home and area.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Understand how you feel. I came to work here since '61, so I've been here almost 52 years. Attended the first Cracker game at the old ATL-Fulton. The first Braves game there, the first Falcon game there, and the first Falcon game at the Dome. I think I will just die here a Falcon fan. Hawks and Braves are just a memory.

I to remember my dad taking me to Fulton County Stadium. The first Falcon I ever met was Lynn Cain, I'll never forget it. I grew up in Macon so coming up to ATL to watch the Braves, The Hawks at the Omni, and the Falcons was a treat within itself. I loved it, I still live here but I imagine if I ever left the ATL I would have the same good feelings that you do. Good Luck & Go Falcons!

Dude, You need to get over to Ray Jay when the Falicons visit. It's always a fun time and usually always a great game! Too bad you're moving to the armpit of the state. There is not a more plastic, anti-cultural city in the country as Orlando. Atleast you won't have more than an hour and a half drive to the beaches.

Amen Brother! I live in Louisiana and I Feel the same way!

Guest Gritz

kmbutts.....I'm not even going to waste your or my time telling you to represent.

I know you have that covered.

Safe travels to you and yours.

I hope you come back for the victory parade down Peachtree next year biggrin.png.

At least you're not moving to LA. I'm in Abbeville LA, a few miles west of NO. Every stereotype that people from NO has earned is true. Good luck on your move.

I became a fan of the Falcons after moving here in 1980, so while I have not been here as long as you I can truly relate with fond memories to your trip back down memory lane. I am VERY happy we have a new owner and fanbase that demands excellence, as that is the only way we will ever win the ultimate prize, but I also find myself a bit perplexed sometimes with fans who I feel are really really harsh on our new organization. Besides the wind chill in Fulton County Stadium, I most remember the endless sea of empty seats on most Sundays, and the sure knowledge we all held that no matter how far ahead the Falcons got on the scoreboard, they would surely find a way to lose the game in the end. BTW standing in that long line in front of the urinal after you drink too many beers, and waited to long to go was really a test of pain and endurance I wont forget. If for no other reason, that cold cold wind increasing the urge to go while you waited is enough reason for me to not want another outdoor stadium :)

I may also have to leave the Atlanta area due to health reasons ( the allergies are literally killing me ), so once again I can relate to your emotions regarding our team.

Best of Luck to you and your family in Orlando. I am sure you will be our best representative in that fine city, and luckily you are not too far from us to take in a game here in Atlanta once in awhile.

GO FALCONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by FalconFanForLife