All 32 Teams Remaining Cap, Per Lacanforna

I can never understand the need for a "splash" myself. We went into the offseason with a TON of FAs already on our own team: a team that has been incredibly successful I might add with the roster of last year. I think the FO has done an incredible job with their goal of "retaining the core players" with very reasonable contracts. That is all the "splash" we were capable of making in FA with the money available. So far it looks like the biggest loss "may be" Lofton, which IMHO is unfortunate, but we all knew we could not sign all our FAs.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

I can never understand the need for a "splash" myself. We went into the offseason with a TON of FAs already on our own team: a team that has been incredibly successful I might add with the roster of last year. I think the FO has done an incredible job with their goal of "retaining the core players" with very reasonable contracts. That is all the "splash" we were capable of making in FA. So far it looks like the biggest loss "may be" Lofton, which IMHO is unfortunate, but we all knew we could not sign all our FAs.

Very true. We often overlook the fact that the "splash" comes from signing 8-9 of our own FAs. Although many are not big names they do provide a role on the team. By signing 1 "big splash" we would have 6-7 holes in the roster because we couldn't afford to sign many of these guys. As much as I would like to see a big name headed our way, with injuries as common now days, depth and versatility is key for sucess and survival. Also, some teams seem to always sign "big splashes" with little effect. Free Agency is their Super Bowl. I would hate to be a fan of teams like that.

Edited by AEFalcon

We need to lock up Ryan for the future right now. He's a big cap hit and we need him for the future. He'll be a real strain next year when everyones cap is boosted.

Plus, he's our guaranteed franchise QB. Those don't come too often. We don't need a splash. We got all of our good players back, as long as Tatupu stays healthy, we'll be good. We just need McNeil and maybe Kamerion Wimbley (Dude could make a big splash in Nolans defense).

We got the players, and now we have the coaching staff. Please, just restructure Ryan and Dunta.

Edited by MattRyanProvesYouWrong

We had 6,037,809 as of thursday. We re-signed Abraham for 7 mil annually on friday. We are at or over the cap. The only way we sign anybody including draft picks is if we cut somebody which appears inevitable.

Wow this is so wrong. We signed Abe to a contract that AVERAGES $7 million. For all we know, his cap hit may only be $1 million this season. We could have plenty of dough to sign whomever we want.

How are the Eagles 22 million under the cap? wow

Long term strategy...I've tried to explain this for years. So many thought they'd be hurting after last season...but those that have studied what they are actually doing knew it wouldn't be the case .

They are now working on extending McCoy...and Maclin will follow.

I don't think that number had Mathis figured in...but he only got about $7 mil in guaranteed money....so I'll have to see how the deal was structured.

But if anyone wants to see the details...the best site is eaglescap.com

Eagles have enough $ to be in the Manning race...not that they are...he wouldn't come here...and I'm not sure it would work if he did.

Wow this is so wrong. We signed Abe to a contract that AVERAGES $7 million. For all we know, his cap hit may only be $1 million this season. We could have plenty of dough to sign whomever we want.

Whats wrong with it? Surely a man or woman with a voice of reason speaks from a sound mind with good logic yeah? The redskins and cowboys were just penalized for contracts like the one you propose. I doubt TD would do the same thing 3 days after a punishment was handed down to two other teams.

Whats wrong with it? Surely a man or woman with a voice of reason speaks from a sound mind with good logic yeah? The redskins and cowboys were just penalized for contracts like the one you propose. I doubt TD would do the same thing 3 days after a punishment was handed down to two other teams.

you are wwaaaaaaaay off Bierfann. all nfl contracts are mostly back-loaded. What the Cowboys/Skins got in trouble for was front-loading a contract to an extreme measure in an uncapped year. For example, with bonus/salary last year(uncapped) Miles Austin was paid $17 million dollars - Cowboys got a competitive advantage over other NFL teams by extremely frontloading contract in an uncapped year for a star player.

you are wwaaaaaaaay off Bierfann. all nfl contracts are mostly back-loaded. What the Cowboys/Skins got in trouble for was front-loading a contract to an extreme measure in an uncapped year. For example, with bonus/salary last year(uncapped) Miles Austin was paid $17 million dollars - Cowboys got a competitive advantage over other NFL teams by extremely frontloading contract in an uncapped year for a star player.

This isn't necessarily true. There are smart cap managers out there that front-load contracts quite a bit. They do a little of both depending on the player and his current situation (age, health, etc). Front loading isn't against the rules...

The cowboys/skins got in trouble, as you say, for front loading restructured deals into the uncapped year...after being warned not to.

From what I understand it was the restructuring that caused the raised eyebrows. The Bears were not punished for the Peppers deal because his wasn't a restructuring of a current contract...it was a brand new deal since he was a free agent. So they just took advantage of the situation legally.

I wonder if Jason has / is including Grimes tag in that figure or if since he has not signed his tag yet that number is not in there. If so then we are negative 4 mil if he has not added it in.

My understanding is that he is including the tag since we've officially offered it up. However, if/when we sign Grimes long term, that will give us even more money to spend.

Long term strategy...I've tried to explain this for years. So many thought they'd be hurting after last season...but those that have studied what they are actually doing knew it wouldn't be the case .

But if anyone wants to see the details...the best site is eaglescap.com

McMVP

Checked out the eaglescap.com like you suggested. Man that is a great site. Very informative. Wish we had a site like that for the Falcons. I don't even begin to have the knowledge to start something like that. They have some big contracts but still have money to spare.....

Edited by AEFalcon

My understanding is that he is including the tag since we've officially offered it up. However, if/when we sign Grimes long term, that will give us even more money to spend.

I hope you are right, but with the numbers posted earlier by D Led it does not add up. But I trust Jason more than D Led.

McMVP

Checked out the eaglescap.com like you suggested. Man that is a great site. Very informative. Wish we had a site like that for the Falcons. I don't even begin to have the knowledge to start something like that. They have some big contracts but still have money to spare.....

I know....it's an awesome site.

Would you believe it was developed and maintained by a young college student? And he's been doing it for years...and he's always right about it.