Jabari Greer - Speaks Out On Bountygate

SaintRay

For those of you who haven't kept up with Greer, he writes a column every so often in the newspaper. He is a very deep individual with a bright mind. Most of his columns are thought-provoking, and this one is too.

SR

2.pngBench Warmer Bench Warmer

Out of Bounds by Jabari Greer, "Untitled"

03/17/12 7:59AM

Subscribe to Post Flag Post

Jabari Greer, Special to The Times-Picayune

Please bear with me ...

As a child my heart longed for the lights of the stage,

And to all my dreams, life deemed them true.

But while young, I suppose, that the path that I chose,

Was a rockier road than I knew.

My Father explained that although dreams may change,

"To your heart and your two hands be true,"

When the spotlight is on, you still be my son,

But to others, you'll never be you.

And now here i am, a man of my own,

My dreams, although tried, they came true.

The words of a man, called to lead me to stand,

In the midst of Life's pain, lead me through.

It's seemed that I've learned, although rightfully earned,

That in darkness, the light shines the truth,

Call it "Bounty" or blame, the world puts to shame,

And convicts, what the world barely knew.

See the media feeds, and puts words to their seeds,

To fulfill it's own pride and it's lust,

It calls a King "Thief, he's possessed by his greed,"

As if what he has earned is not enough.

So be careful of seeds filled with lies and deceit,

Although clothed as a beacon of truth,

We have souls of good men, called to Serve and Defend,

NEW ORLEANS, from the forces untrue.

Jabari

p.s: Although some of the allegations brought before us are true. We are men of integrity that play the game the way it's meant to played ... with undeniable passion. We are all professionals, with families and a future. We play a violent game, but we NEVER intend to hurt anyone.

As for some of the media's representation of our men, The Times Picayune are the good guy's (wink).

nobody understands me.

(New Orleans Saints defensive back Jabari Greer writes a blog for The Times-Picayune. He'll talk football, life, or just whatever is on his mind. Oh, and be ready to laugh. Jabari doesn't always take these subjects seriously. Check out his Facebook page and The Greer Foundation site.)

Dude, Greer writes poetry? **** yes! I love his blogs, but this one and the ice tub steal the cake. Cheers to him, in the form of a haiku.

For Greer is a beast ,

Who I will always like,

Go Saints go!

If he was trying to make a haiku then his format is wrong. This bounty scandal reminds of when Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad denied that the holocaust was real. I swear not only the fans but also the players are delusional.

If he was trying to make a haiku then his format is wrong. This bounty scandal reminds of when Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad denied that the holocaust was real. I swear not only the fans but also the players are delusional.

you-mad-bro.jpg

You got kids?

nope...not yet

you-mad-bro.jpg

nope...not yet

Not mad. Just disturbed. Jabari needs to take a not from Greg Williams and not try to slither his way around the subject. We all know it happened and even if you weren't involved just say that I am aware of the allegations and what not and that's not what i as a player represent or something along those lines. But just don't discount the entire validity of what happened? THAT'S CRAZY!

Not mad. Just disturbed. Jabari needs to take a not from Greg Williams and not try to slither his way around the subject. We all know it happened and even if you weren't involved just say that I am aware of the allegations and what not and that's not what i as a player represent or something along those lines. But just don't discount the entire validity of what happened? THAT'S CRAZY!

why are you so outraged and yet opposing players don't even think it is an issue?

Whoa, chill. I'm sure no one is just blowing this whole thing off, but Greer has been writing these blogs for a while now and he's always one with a sense of humor. He even admits to being guilty for the bounty issue, but says he never intended to hurt anyone. He's just trying to give the fans a small laugh, that's all. I'm sure he's taking this as seriously as everyone else or he would have denied having any involvement.

Whoa, chill. I'm sure no one is just blowing this whole thing off, but Greer has been writing these blogs for a while now and he's always one with a sense of humor. He even admits to being guilty for the bounty issue, but says he never intended to hurt anyone. He's just trying to give the fans a small laugh, that's all. I'm sure he's taking this as seriously as everyone else or he would have denied having any involvement.

Yea Greer's a smart dude and I respect him as a player and maybe it's just me but I don't see the humor? I'm chllio right now........

tumblr_lzif8oNlFP1r5y45a.gif

He wasn't making a haiku,genius...she was