Need Some Canine Knowledge From My Friends

I have owned two pits in my life and now with all of the kids I have that is not a good idea in my opinion. Not a real fan of the breed and was often left feel unfulfilled. I have always been curious about Curs though.

Recently I have decided to buy a few acres of land, so I'm looking for some info on a couple of breeds more from knowledge, opinion, and experience rather than web sites. Those can sometimes be a bit biased on the side of dogs anyways and have you getting a Presa Canario as a family dog.

I am interested on some iformation on the Mountain View Cur and the Squirrel Dog. Both as I intend to get both (Wife was intrigued by the squirrel Dog, I want the Mountain View Cur.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on the traits you're looking for.

Really I just wanted to know more about the two breeds I mentioned above, but I'm looking for intense loyalty, ability to handle himself in woods or against aggressive animals, hunting, playfulness, etc. Those two I have found easily fit the bill, but if you or anyone else know anything more about the breed due to experience, knowledge, etc I'm excited to know.

I don't know anything about the breeds you mentioned, sorry.

But I would recommend yellow labs to anyone who has the time to spend with them.

Easily the most loyal, loving and intelligent dogs I have ever owned. But they crave and love attention. and have limitless energy. But with kids, they would be great companions.and you may want to make sure you have plenty of room for them to run and play and water is always a plus.

Guest Deisel

I have owned two pits in my life and now with all of the kids I have that is not a good idea in my opinion. Not a real fan of the breed and was often left feel unfulfilled. I have always been curious about Curs though.

Recently I have decided to buy a few acres of land, so I'm looking for some info on a couple of breeds more from knowledge, opinion, and experience rather than web sites. Those can sometimes be a bit biased on the side of dogs anyways and have you getting a Presa Canario as a family dog.

I am interested on some iformation on the Mountain View Cur and the Squirrel Dog. Both as I intend to get both (Wife was intrigued by the squirrel Dog, I want the Mountain View Cur.

Thanks in advance.

I have 2 dobermans and an acre of property. The dobs are super smart and extremely family friendly. My female loves to chase and we have alot of squirells and critters coming around. I can tell you without a doubt, you will never be deflated by this breed. They sense their owners moods like no other dog I've been around and they are extremely smart. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Deisel

I have 2 dobermans and an acre of property. The dobs are super smart and extremely family friendly. My female loves to chase and we have alot of squirells and critters coming around. I can tell you without a doubt, you will never be deflated by this breed. They sense their owners moods like no other dog I've been around and they are extremely smart. Just my 2 cents.

I don't know man. My uncle had to put a couple down for attacking children as you know I have a tribe. Not sure I'd trust that breed. Rather go with a Pit.

lucky03.jpg

The Karelian Bear Dog (KBD) is a Finnish or Karelian breed of dog. In its home country, it is regarded as a national treasure. KBD will hunt any kind of animal. Its quick reflexes and fearless nature have made it very popular for hunting aggressive game, including bear, moose, and wild boar. It was the breed's ability to hunt and offer protection against a bear that earned the breed its name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karelian_Bear_Dog

KOG, I honestly don't know enough about the breed to recommend them, but I have heard a lot about the loyalty of Cane Corsos. But they are also VERY protective so the can lead to aggression. And they are pretty big dogs.

But I would suggest you do some research. They are gorgeous dogs.

2412m9_27.jpeg

My cousin owns a Corso and warned me against it just with the amount of children and the youth of a couple.

Guest Deisel

I don't know man. My uncle had to put a couple down for attacking children as you know I have a tribe. Not sure I'd trust that breed. Rather go with a Pit.

I've had 4 dobs and never had a problem. The breed is super smart and coming from a reputable breeder great dogs.