Rams Signed Scott Wells

jgator21

I know we brought back a lot of the Vets and younger FAs we had (Abe, Kroy, DeCoud, Harry, etc.), but I really feel like there's a good chance they let McClure walk and push Hawley into the Center position.

Man, I hope so.

Just as Wells was once a no-name 7th round pick who took over for Pro Bowler Mike Flanagan, Undrafted no-name Evan Dietrich-Smith now takes over for Pro Bowler Wells. Just as Hawley now takes over for McClure. Such is the Circle of Life in the NFL.

And unlike this place, you can rest assured the Packers message board isn't currently throwing a collective tantrum just because Ted Thompson didn't run out and grab an overpriced FA on day one to fill the "hole" left by Well's departure. Packers fans are arguably the classiest, steadiest and most knowledgeable in the NFL. Our menstrual fanbase could learn a lot from observing how they go about their business.

Edited by cooperbh

Like it has been mentioned before welcome in Hawley. Many would be surprised what the year of experience actually hearing all the calls made and understanding why throughout the game they were called that way will do for a player. Also the center does not have to do too much in pass blocking and that was his weak point. All he has to be majorily concerned with is making the right calls and getting the ball cleanly to matt with some soild 2nd level run blocking and double teams to open up holes.

Man, I hope so.

Just as Wells was once a no-name 7th round pick who took over for Pro Bowler Mike Flanagan, Undrafted no-name Evan Dietrich-Smith now takes over for Pro Bowler Wells. Just as Hawley now takes over for McClure. Such is the Circle of Life in the NFL.

And unlike this place, you can rest assured the Packers message board isn't currently throwing a collective tantrum just because Ted Thompson didn't run out and grab an overpriced FA on day one to fill the "hole" left by Well's departure. Packers fans are arguably the classiest, steadiest and most knowledgeable in the NFL. Our menstrual fanbase could learn a lot from observing how they go about their business.

You have good points, but be patient with the fan base as they need to be patient with the team. GB has won SB's with the current regime and has a strong tradition and history. A SB win will change all of that around here, folks are just antsy to get that first one...and without an asterisk (See: New Orleans Cheats)

Man, I hope so.

you have to realize, this message board is a miniscule part of the fanbase.

Like it has been mentioned before welcome in Hawley. Many would be surprised what the year of experience actually hearing all the calls made and understanding why throughout the game they were called that way will do for a player. Also the center does not have to do too much in pass blocking and that was his weak point. All he has to be majorily concerned with is making the right calls and getting the ball cleanly to matt with some soild 2nd level run blocking and double teams to open up holes.

I only hope you're right. But I can't be that positive about what I saw.