I Need Computer Advice. Anyone Have Issues With Internet Security Virus?

Tetsujin-28

I've tried many of the suggestions that I found online but none seem to work. Have any of you guys encountered this bug and how were you able to overcome it? Fyi, it's a laptop that is running XP Pro. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Tetsujin-28

Sorry about that. While I was web surfing the other day, my Explorer window closed and this window popped up and started a virus scan. I tried closing it but it completely shut my laptop down. None of my programs worked. It said Internet security and kept prompting me to activate the software. I Googled it on a seperate desktop PC and it is a widely known malware program. Unfortunately, none of the the suggestions they mentioned worked. I just wanted to see if any of you guys had the same issue. I apologize for the lack of information concerning this.

Sorry about that. While I was web surfing the other day, my Explorer window closed and this window popped up and started a virus scan. I tried closing it but it completely shut my laptop down. None of my programs worked. It said Internet security and kept prompting me to activate the software. I Googled it on a seperate desktop PC and it is a widely known malware program. Unfortunately, none of the the suggestions they mentioned worked. I just wanted to see if any of you guys had the same issue. I apologize for the lack of information concerning this.

i've seen that one on several computers at work and have had mixed results.

option 1: sometimes system restore will work, but once you restore to an earlier date, system restore needs to be disabled so that the virus doesn't use that date to restore back to and then you're back at square one.

option 2: update malware bytes, spybot, and any other AV/malware program that you utilize. boot into safe mode and run each program until each does not find the virus. can be a lengthy process though.

option 3: back up your information and format.

i've had luck with all 3 options at work, so it's more of a crap shoot as to which one may work.

I worked with it a little while and I was able to stop the process by using the task manager. I had to hold ctrl-shift-esc buttons down due to the malware trying to keep it from functioning, and ended the task. I was then able to download a free copy of malware bytes. I have trendmicro anti-virus but it sucks. (Company installed.) I was going to run it in normal mode, but my bother said that it's best to run those type programs in safe mode, which I did. That seemed to do the trick. Again, thanks for the advice given and I hope what I learned helps anyone else who has this problem.

I worked with it a little while and I was able to stop the process by using the task manager. I had to hold ctrl-shift-esc buttons down due to the malware trying to keep it from functioning, and ended the task. I was then able to download a free copy of malware bytes. I have trendmicro anti-virus but it sucks. (Company installed.) I was going to run it in normal mode, but my bother said that it's best to run those type programs in safe mode, which I did. That seemed to do the trick. Again, thanks for the advice given and I hope what I learned helps anyone else who has this problem.

Be sure to run it a couple of times, and to do full scans.