The Truth About The Falcons - Calm Down!

matty72780

Ok so lets face it. The Falcons are going to roll with basically the same personnel in hopes the coaching staff can be the difference. People are acting as if our offense and defense was the bottom of the barrel. Our D finished 12th and our O finished in the top 10. The only player that we NEEDED in free agency was Mario Williams, THAT’S IT!!! Mario is not worth 100 million, we didn’t have the money, and all though JA55 is getting older his production hasn’t dipped and he’s still a top 10 DE. Ray Edwards needs to step up, not JA55. We need O-Line help and hopefully McNeill will sign and be the answer at LT (keep in mind he’s a 2 time probowler).

Lofa Tatupu has made the probowl 3 out of his 5 years and can play the pass extremely well. Yes we are losing our #1 tackler but Mike Nolan is arguably one of the best D coordinators of all time (I said arguably – calm down) and he knows what he is doing! Our D was VERY solid all year, we just couldn’t get people off the field on 3rd downs, and most of the opposing teams first downs were over the middle passes exploiting our zone which was Lofton’s assignment; he’s a liability in pass coverage – end of story.

Calm down with the “signing injury prone players”. EVERY player in the NFL is injury prone now a days. The league has gotten so fast and so physical that its not out of the norm for people to miss some time. The advances in medicine and procedures are light years better than 10 years ago; so what Tatupu & Manuwai missed last year – that has nothing to do with this year and they are BOTH UPGRADES at their positions…

Our roster is loaded with talent, we are a top 10 team with one of the worst O-Coordinators of all time, and BVG who was out coached anytime we played an elite team. Our coordinators would have been outstanding in the 90’s but the games passed them by. We have 2 coordinators that are living in the current day of age and this should be the tweak we need, PERIOD! The Falcons had NEVER won back to back seasons before Smitty & TD, now it’s a rarity that we don’t win 10+ games. Calm down armchair QB’s – the Falcons front office knows what its doing!

Calm down with the “signing injury prone players”. EVERY player in the NFL is injury prone now a days. The league has gotten so fast and so physical that its not out of the norm for people to miss some time. The advances in medicine and procedures are light years better than 10 years ago; so what Tatupu & Manuwai missed last year – that has nothing to do with this year and they are BOTH UPGRADES at their positions…

I've heard several players, HOF'ers say that they wish they could have taken a year off in their primes to rest their bodies then come back full strength. if these guys can still play at the level they did when they left then it's a win-win cause it like they were scrubs

I've heard several players, HOF'ers say that they wish they could have taken a year off in their primes to rest their bodies then come back full strength. if these guys can still play at the level they did when they left then it's a win-win cause it like they were scrubs

I agree 100%. Both the guys are relatively young too. Both are upgrades and Tatupu is a straight beast!!! He's going to serve his purpose and I'm sure we will use Dent against the run and Tatupu will come in there on passing situations. We're making smart moves. We honestly don't need a blockbuster signing but people fail to realize that.

Unknowns as far as the eye can see.

Unknowns everywhere.

There's really no use making wild clueless predictions at this early stage of this year. Total waste of time.

It's simply human nature for us all to want TD to go out and spread his magic dust around and sign 3 or 4 All Pro players in key positions and be able to handle it all financially.

Magic.

Not reality.

All we can do is sit back and watch this FA season roll on ...................and hope it all works out well for the Falcons.

Anything else is just inviting indigestion.

Nice post, but I'm sorry i can't share the same optimism. BLOWN OUT twice in the first round of the playoffs. Dominated

in the trenches not being able to pick up a fourth and one inch three times. The bottom line is if we don't pick up some

impact players in the trenches through free agency you can pretty much expect much of the same next year.

Especially if we lose Curtis Lofton we will get run all over this year. Signing Marcus Mcneil would start my optimism

then resigning Curtis would help as well.

We won't get run all over. How many probowls has Lofton made? Don't get me wrong I love Curtis but Tatupu has made it 3 outta 5. Plus the play calling was horrible on those 4th and inches- Mularkey was mr predictability. Yes we got dominated but when you run. Outgoing but vanilla o and D that's to be expected. Our talent is comparable to any elite team in the league- they just know how to utilize it.

Nice post, but I'm sorry i can't share the same optimism. BLOWN OUT twice in the first round of the playoffs. Dominated

in the trenches not being able to pick up a fourth and one inch three times. The bottom line is if we don't pick up some

impact players in the trenches through free agency you can pretty much expect much of the same next year.

Especially if we lose Curtis Lofton we will get run all over this year. Signing Marcus Mcneil would start my optimism

then resigning Curtis would help as well.

riddle me this:

if we're so screwed, how is it that Wade Phillips can take a terrible Houston defense, without Mario Williams and turn them into the second ranked defense in the league, then they lose their starting QB and backup and go to the playoffs with the 3rd string QB? coaching plays a very big part in a team's success, it's about knowing how to use the players you have.

riddle me this:

if we're so screwed, how is it that Wade Phillips can take a terrible Houston defense, without Mario Williams and turn them into the second ranked defense in the league, then they lose their starting QB and backup and go to the playoffs with the 3rd string QB? coaching plays a very big part in a team's success, it's about knowing how to use the players you have.

Thank you. Very well said!

riddle me this:

BUMP!!!!

riddle me this:

THANK YOU! People refuse to realize how much impact coaching has on the play on the field.

Agreed we have one of the most talented offensive in the league..seems like they were awesome in the no huddle, pathetic when MM called the plays, had trouble running no huddle in NY cuz of the noise, MM calling plays entire game lead to 0 offrnsive points. Bring in coaching to go with offense and entire off season for Matty and JJ amd this should be a top 5 offense..Not to mention year before Roddy had one of the best off seasons ever and did not drop a pass until week 8..Full ofseason I expect his drops to go way down!

Oh, I'm good now. I feel comfortable since signing Abe...I'm skeptical of Koetter though...VERY skeptical...cue the video.

Again I don't understand why people are so down on Koetter. People just focus on how horrible Jacksonville was last year and use that as an example as to why Koetter will come here and stink of the joint. Koetter's best NFL season as an OC was in 2007 when the Jaguars had their most offensive talent to work with and the numbers the Jaguars had that year were basically the same as what the Falcons had under Mularkey.