Should We Really Be Happy Abe Is Back?

Barry Allen

Over the past few years Abe has had 16.5, 5, 13, 9.5 sacks while the team as a total has had 34, 28, 31, 33. Its quite notable that Abe has had a great sum of our sack totals while still struggling with that consistent groin injury. However, my concern is will he continue to put up those numbers at his age within the next 2-3 years (I say 2-3 assuming we could cut him after the second year based on guaranteed money)

So my question to you guys is will his age, or groin affect him over the next few years or will he put up at least 11 sacks which was his average of the past 4 years.

I'm chill on the subject. It's a whatever move to me. Good to have him back, because without him we DEFINITELY have no pass rush. He's a veteran presence, and a fan favorite.

I just wanna see production from Abe when it truly matters i.e. big games.

....i wanna see a good contract too.

Over the past few years Abe has had 16.5, 5, 13, 9.5 sacks while the team as a total has had 34, 28, 31, 33. Its quite notable that Abe has had a great sum of our sack totals while still struggling with that consistent groin injury. However, my concern is will he continue to put up those numbers at his age within the next 2-3 years (I say 2-3 assuming we could cut him after the second year based on guaranteed money)

So my question to you guys is will his age, or groin affect him over the next few years or will he put up at least 11 sacks which was his average of the past 4 years.

I think the answer is simply yes we should be.

Yea he's REAL durable .......NOT ! & his stats against sub-par teams is 2nd to none , if this is the confidence we have in our young talent then our preparation for this day is ridiculous . I already know when we get to mid season we got to deal with Abe's (GROIN) unless were playing the Jags or Rams ,Colts ....should've just saved the money

Like someone here said.... You can't call it a new soup with the same old ingredients!

New coach or not, you have to bring in an impact player or two on this front line to have a pass rush... without any changes, we do not improve. And no Sidbury is not the answer.

Like someone here said.... You can't call it a new soup with the same old ingredients!

New coach or not, you have to bring in an impact player or two on this front line to have a pass rush... without any changes, we do not improve. And no Sidbury is not the answer.

Giants fans thought they had the same ol soup mid season last year.... boy where they wrong.

The anser is easy: it depends on the contract numbers.

Abe still seems to have some gas in the tank, but at 34 there is a risk of decline. If that risk is reflected in the size and structure of the contract, then its a good move.

I agree, it all depends on the contract. Still i'm left kind of feeling like nothing really happened this off-season.