Abe Resigns

Shredman

John Abraham will Retire a Falcon

he just signed a 3 yrs deal

also FA Tackle M McNeil to Visit this week,,,

I am very happy Abe resigned

he is the best DE we have had since C Humphrey

he is a bit long in the tooth , but he can still bring the much needed heat Falcons need ....

i wouldnt pay a soon to be 34 year old injury prone rotational DE 10 mil a year.

typo.

agreed. especially when the team is tight against the cap anyway

but then you can't really just look at the average....if it is backloaded he won't ever see that third year anyway

but then you can't really just look at the average....if it is backloaded he won't ever see that third year anyway

that's a good point. if we do ink him for that we better have enough cap to get somebody on the other side. Abe was our only pass rusher last year and we all know how we did in that department. i dont think ray edwards is the answer, well, atleast when hes not playing with pro bowl DTs and an all pro on the other side.

Petty much .

**** he may not even see the 2nd year.

I think he is a one year rental IMO.

that's a good point. if we do ink him for that we better have enough cap to get somebody on the other side. Abe was our only pass rusher last year and we all know how we did in that department. i dont think ray edwards is the answer, well, atleast when hes not playing with pro bowl DTs and an all pro on the other side.

the pressure was there all yr, but just like in 2010 we could not close the deal....

Scheme is completely Dif now.....

I think we have alot of Talent in our Front 7 , it was just being used wrong under BVG IMO

TY

Any other word any anything else the saints are doing?

I know they were talking to Lofton and Hawthorne. It sounds like they will be moving on from Vilma eh?

The Saints appear to be interested in rebuilding at LB. Local news says Vilma is staying. Casillas was tendered, Dunbar was not. Shanle is slow and tired. They are interviewing Hawthorn, Lofton and Mays. I suspect they will sign 1 or 2 new guys at LB. If we have any draft picks this year, I figure they will lean toward defense early.

The Saints appear to be interested in rebuilding at LB. Local news says Vilma is staying. Casillas was tendered, Dunbar was not. Shanle is slow and tired. They are interviewing Hawthorn, Lofton and Mays. I suspect they will sign 1 or 2 new guys at LB. If we have any draft picks this year, I figure they will lean toward defense early.

So if they keep Vilma who will play outside??

I hope you do not try and play lofton as OLB..................

Ok I take it back PLEASE sign him and let him play outside ;)

Good linebacker but he is not a OLB

So if they keep Vilma who will play outside??

I hope you do not try and play lofton as OLB..................

Ok I take it back PLEASE sign him and let him play outside wink.png

Good linebacker but he is not a OLB

I see it as Vilma in the Middle and Casillas on one outside backer position, then its cloudy to me. The Saints are interviewing Hawthorne, Lofton and Mays, all inside backers. I have to think they are doing one of two things. They may expect to lose Vilma to a suspension, and then the moves make sense for coverage. But last year when Vilma was hurt, they played Dunbar there with success. They could also plan to move one of the 3 guys to the outside as well, and that would likely spell the end of Shanle.

Edited by SaintRay

According to ESPN's Pat Yasinskas, John Abraham didn't even come close to getting the $12 million he was supposedly asking for when free agency first rolled around. Instead, he took a deal that...

In fact, the three-year deal averages $5.573 million per season.

Abraham is going to make far less in each of the three seasons than the $8 million he made last season in the final year of his old deal.

Think about that for a second. His total cap number for 2012, which includes signing bonus and contract, will be just $4.4 million. He signed for a little over a third of his original contract demands. That's certainly less money than he could have gotten elsewhere, even as a part-time player at this stage of his career. Guys capable of 10 sacks don't grow on trees, after all.

So whatever you think of him, Thomas Dimitroff has done well here. The Falcons won't be on the hook for all that much money in exchange for at least two seasons of Abe, who remains the team's best and most consistent pass rusher. The fact that there are considerable bonuses to be had on a per-game basis means Abe, who never lacks for motivation in the first place, will probably want to crush his fair share of quarterbacks.

This is a good deal for a good player. I'm excited to see Abraham in action next season.

According to ESPN's Pat Yasinskas, John Abraham didn't even come close to getting the $12 million he was supposedly asking for when free agency first rolled around. Instead, he took a deal that...

In fact, the three-year deal averages $5.573 million per season.

Abraham is going to make far less in each of the three seasons than the $8 million he made last season in the final year of his old deal.

Think about that for a second. His total cap number for 2012, which includes signing bonus and contract, will be just $4.4 million. He signed for a little over a third of his original contract demands. That's certainly less money than he could have gotten elsewhere, even as a part-time player at this stage of his career. Guys capable of 10 sacks don't grow on trees, after all.

So whatever you think of him, Thomas Dimitroff has done well here. The Falcons won't be on the hook for all that much money in exchange for at least two seasons of Abe, who remains the team's best and most consistent pass rusher. The fact that there are considerable bonuses to be had on a per-game basis means Abe, who never lacks for motivation in the first place, will probably want to crush his fair share of quarterbacks.

This is a good deal for a good player. I'm excited to see Abraham in action next season.

Good deal for a Old Player.

Again I hope you don't start him. It might be better for your team to make him a Situational Pass Rusher and let Beirman or Sidbury start.