Updated: Free Agent Wishlist

pzummo

LT - Marcus McNeil: He's scheduled for a visit. Sign him up. Best available for the buck.

UT - Amobi Okoye: He's young and would be a great backup to Babineaux. He'd also be a great future replacement after two seasons when Bab's contract is up.

DE - John Abraham or Kendall Langford: If Abraham keeps his $12m pricetag, I want to see Langford. If Abraham drops his price tag, I'd like to see him back.

That should just about do it. For the record, I realize the 3 of these moves plus all of our draft picks would not be possible without cutting players or restructuring some deals. It's possible, but that's not what this thread is about. It's a wishlist. I do still think we should trade Grimes for picks or a player, as it frees up $10.6m in cap space this year. Regardless, I want to see these 3 in Falcons uniforms next season. Add your updated list or discuss this one.

It looks like my 3rd wish came true and Abe is back. Come on Falcons, take care of those other two spots! We need a starting LT and some additional interior pressure! Our interior rush was terrible after Babs got injured and tried to play through it. Okoye is underrated and should come cheap!

LT - Marcus McNeil: He's scheduled for a visit. Sign him up. Best available for the buck.

UT - Amobi Okoye: He's young and would be a great backup to Babineaux. He'd also be a great future replacement after two seasons when Bab's contract is up.

DE - John Abraham or Kendall Langford: If Abraham keeps his $12m pricetag, I want to see Langford. If Abraham drops his price tag, I'd like to see him back.

That should just about do it. For the record, I realize the 3 of these moves plus all of our draft picks would not be possible without cutting players or restructuring some deals. It's possible, but that's not what this thread is about. It's a wishlist. I do still think we should trade Grimes for picks or a player, as it frees up $10.6m in cap space this year. Regardless, I want to see these 3 in Falcons uniforms next season. Add your updated list or discuss this one.

Well, we just signed Abraham, so one of those wishes has been granted.

Getting McNeil and Okoye in here also would be a very good free agency haul indeed... especially if combined with cutting Baker and Jerry.

Edited by virginiafalcon

little known fact.

McNeill grew up a Falcons fan and would probably give us the hometown discount

That's awesome. I hope he comes here. I am concerned that the Skins are the other suitor, although I do not know how much cap space they have left.

Another little known fact. The addition of McNeil and Manuwai would add 65lbs to our starting OL. That's a lot of beef up front.