Slayde_31

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz

I think the only way the Falcons get interested is if he breaks his leg at the Oakland airport or gets mesothelioma in the next 48 hours.

That does sound nice. Lets get him and re up abe

I don't think he could be an every down End but in some nickle situations let him put his hand in the dirt in a wide 9 look with Edwards over the guard and Abe on the other side with Spoon and Tatupu covering.

Then when we run a 3-4 let him and Sid be stand up rushers whole Spoon and Tatupu man the middle

Guest Gritz

That does sound nice. Lets get him and re up abe

I don't think he could be an every down End but in some nickle situations let him put his hand in the dirt in a wide 9 look with Edwards over the guard and Abe on the other side with Spoon and Tatupu covering.

Then when we run a 3-4 let him and Sid be stand up rushers whole Spoon and Tatupu man the middle

Good post 56....If the Falcons do try and land Wimbley then I think it will be a clear indication that we will be in more 3-4 looks than anyone has admitted to at this point.

Guest Gritz

You almost out did the DeCoud finds a penny artwork. laugh.png

You know how to cheer us long-sufferers up.

I see my role on this board as letting my raging mental illness entertain others.

Would people stop bitching if we signed Wimbley and one of the OT's, and maybe Langford? I sure as heck would think we're a better team at that point. With or without retaining Abe.

I agree I want to reign Abe, but if we dont....no big deal

The little idea I posted above would work with Sid on a wide 9 look and Beirman standing up

if JA does not sign i think this is a real possibility if not too expensive. he has 3-4 OLB exp like mentioned above and is a high-effort pass rusher. the main reason i think this could happen is that he is being released and not a FA. TD is clearly thinking forward to compensation picks next year (Manuwai & Tatupu) and Wimbley would not count against our FA gain/loss balance. while this is of course isn't THE reason we should sign him, it does suggest a greater probability we might go after him.

Would people stop bitching if we signed Wimbley and one of the OT's, and maybe Langford? I sure as heck would think we're a better team at that point. With or without retaining Abe.

In a word, no...the knee jerk reactionists would talk about how he won't be productive in our system, or something. Some people are born whiners. It's just the nature of this board, although I would be stoked if we got him to replace Abe.