I Still Think We Should Sign A Good Corner.

J-Wall

I don't see a nickle back on our roster. Franks is more of a dime back and I believe Walls has a shot but I want proven players. Falcons window for a Superbowl is open now. Resign Sanders at saftey and bring in another LB. Our DT royation isn't strong so DT too. I'm not sure what we will do on the drwft. I'd like to see us grt Doug Meeting from my Broncos:) but I think we will still get a TE in Fleener or Allen.

I think we will draft a CB in the 2nd round.

I think we will draft a CB in the 2nd round.

The Raiders just signed him

Well ****. I still think in nickle situations that we should move Grimes to the NB slot and no, not because of his size, but because the rest of our corners, namely Franks and Owens, play better on the outside.

I'd like to see what Nolan can do with the current CBs. He has a track record of coaching up DBs and this team has a good deal of young CBs with good potential that have gone to waste in a horrible system and poor coaching.

Agreed. Our old system made Dunta look like crap too because he had to play 10 yards off the ball every single snap. Duntas strength is jamming at the line and playing man coverage. We did none of that and that's why Grimes has stood out so much. He's a perfect zone CB.

If we can't get to the QB with our pass rush we need to be playing those CB's on the line jamming and throwing off timing of routes at least.

Well ****. I still think in nickle situations that we should move Grimes to the NB slot and no, not because of his size, but because the rest of our corners, namely Franks and Owens, play better on the outside.

Have Grimes ever played NB ?

Agreed. Our old system made Dunta look like crap too because he had to play 10 yards off the ball every single snap. Duntas strength is jamming at the line and playing man coverage. We did none of that and that's why Grimes has stood out so much. He's a perfect zone CB.

If we can't get to the QB with our pass rush we need to be playing those CB's on the line jamming and throwing off timing of routes at least.

In a perfect world, Grimes and Franks/Walls will man the outside while Dunta plays inside. You have ballhawks who can generate turnovers outside and Dunta can be used to terrorize the middle of the field with Moore, plus he can be used in blitzes.

Have Grimes ever played NB ?

Dunno, but can't possibly be worse than what's been getting put there. It seems like he would have the skillset for it though. Ball hawk with fluid hips that's able to change direction fairly quickly. If we are going to roll with Owens and Franks we should at least play them in the position they're best at and ask our star CB to try and adjust, not the other way around. Grimes will be good wherever he's at.

In a perfect world, Grimes and Franks/Walls will man the outside while Dunta plays inside. You have ballhawks who can generate turnovers outside and Dunta can be used to terrorize the middle of the field with Moore, plus he can be used in blitzes.

I honestly believe Dunta is THE slowest person in our secondary...I'd be willing to bet that Decoud, Robinson, and Abraham all have comparable short range speed... Dunta might not get home on a blitz.

I honestly believe Dunta is THE slowest person in our secondary...I'd be willing to bet that Decoud, Robinson, and Abraham all have comparable short range speed... Dunta might not get home on a blitz.

Accredit that to his injuries. In his Texans years he could absolutely fly.. Seems as though he relies on strength more than speed these days.