Attention Kmart Shoppers, Td Is Bargain Hunting. Or So It Seems.

GENERALZOD

TD is basement bargain Kmart shopping for substandard players in my opinion, he's looking for that blue light special, which almost always ends up being a waste of time and substandard when it comes to player ability.

For example, Ray Edwards, yeah he had a number of excuses last season, but this season he better lay some QB's out on some sacks otherwise I will consider him a bust. Bargain player.

TD said when he brought in Ray Edwards that he was the answer to the Falcons sack problem last season, he even said that in a press conference as many of you saw, then about 5 games in TD made a comment saying that Ray was actually brought in to stop the run, which the only thing the Falcons were doing at the time was stopping the run, No sacks! WTF? That was back peddling IMO, TD knew the Falcons pass rush needed addressing, then when he saw Ray wasn't the answer he tried to change the subject.

In my opinion, you can talk all this patience stuff you want to, the bottom line is you are going to have to spend some money on TOP QUALITY players to improve your team, VETERANS who know how to play the game and not wait around to develop to win!. Otherwise the draft picks you choose are going to think after a couple of years when they hit their stride "Well why play for that team, they aren't willing to pay nothing".

Yeah, they put the Kmart Tag on Grimes, I am glad to see grimes coming back, but I would have rather have fixed the O-line and the defensive pass rush problems the Falcons have. I don't care who you have out their at CB, when you have no pass rush and give a Elite or sensible team some time to throw the ball sooner or later a decent WR will get open and burn your team.

I know I may be rushing to a conclusion when there hasn't been the first game played yet, and free agency isn't over, but the bottom line is, I don't care who you've got as a coach, if you look at a team you might possibly be facing down the road and how their powerhouse building is going on, the weaker team will not be able to compete in most situations. Trickery only goes so far, the stronger/bigger team will win eventually in this game.

TD and Arthur Blank are looking for Kmart Blue Light Specials so to speak for players, diamonds in the ruff. Uh, somebody should tell them, it's getting late, you've got to make a move!

If TD isn't going to sign a FA then he needs to trade for somebody to fill the needs, that's the only thing I can think of and hope for.

I'm just getting frustrated as a fan, as many of you are. Sorry for venting like this. I'm upset. It's not the end of the world I know, but a season of watching the Falcons lose and get beat up on when all I want for them to do is win and the thought of that is very upsetting.

Maybe I need to find something else to occupy my time on game days if the front office for the Falcons aren't going to do something to improve the team.

Oh well, that's my opinion. I know some of you here feel the same. Truth is I'm going to pull for the Falcons regardless of what they do, it's just upsetting to hear they aren't doing nothing to improve this team after the big press conference they give at seasons end.

Just my opinion.

TD needs to find a gem.

A passed over free agent. A late round draft pick. One of his many draft choice misses. Maybe an undrafted free agent.

He really needs a special move this year because his stock is fading. Fast.

Good luck TD. I'm pullin for ya bro. We need a diamond. In the rough. In the next forty or fifty days.

If you can't pull that off at least get Lofton and Abe back.

Jeez bro.

TD needs to find a gem.

A passed over free agent. A late round draft pick. One of his many draft choice misses. Maybe an undrafted free agent.

Good luck TD. I'm pullin for ya bro. We need a diamond. In the rough. In the next forty or fifty days.

Jeez bro.

Patience wearing thin big bro?

Well said and I agree. As you said, even the great coaches will be quick to point out that if you want to win a championship, you gotta have the horses. Right now the Falcons do not exhibit much concern about adding any thoroughbreds to the stable.

I read this article from a reporter a couple of years back that according to their article they couldn't name the person. What they were talking about or supposedly talking to was an owner of a MLB baseball team and making money.

Anyway, according to the report the owner said that he hoped his team would make the playoffs every year and NEVER win a championship, the reason being is getting close was what the owner thought from a business standpoint kept keeping people coming back for more or putting butts in the seat and making money for the team.

The Falcons situation as it stands makes me think about that. I know this is Talk About The Falcons, that's what I am doing, but when you think about it after the Braves won it all ticket attendance fell off big time there for a few years, the Rah Rah Rah and what if was kinda let outa the bag.

Just my opinion, I don't think that will ever happen with the Falcons. But then again perhaps they have some type of media scale where they can have some guru figure this bottom line dollar stuff out on the win/lose almost column.

LOL! I'm reaching, sorry. I thought some might find what I had read a few years back interesting.

I read this article from a reporter a couple of years back that according to their article they couldn't name the person. What they were talking about or supposedly talking to was an owner of a MLB baseball team and making money.

Anyway, according to the report the owner said that he hoped his team would make the playoffs every year and NEVER win a championship, the reason being is getting close was what the owner thought from a business standpoint kept keeping people coming back for more or putting butts in the seat and making money for the team.

The Falcons situation as it stands makes me think about that. I know this is Talk About The Falcons, that's what I am doing, but when you think about it after the Braves won it all ticket attendance fell off big time there for a few years, the Rah Rah Rah and what if was kinda let outa the bag.

Just my opinion, I don't think that will ever happen with the Falcons. But then again perhaps they have some type of media scale where they can have some guru figure this bottom line dollar stuff out on the win/lose almost column.

LOL! I'm reaching, sorry. I thought some might find what I had read a few years back interesting.

yikes!!!

Patience wearing thin big bro?

LOL! I feel like we as a Falcons fan we are playing the game "Deal Or No Deal" only the Arthur Blanker Banker isn't offering us nothing because he knows we have a case with only a few dollars in it! laugh.png

Edited by GAFALCONFAN

LOL! I feel like we as a Falcons fan we are playing the game "Deal Or No Deal" only the Arthur Blanker Banker isn't offering us nothing because he knows we have a case with only a few dollars in it! laugh.png

LOL!!! I thought about something similar. "Those guys don't seem to know that I'm the genius who hired a genius. We have the plan...they'll see."

I'm realistic about the situation and expected TD/AB/MS to basically re-sign our F/A and hopefully a significant upgrade.

After hearing the presser with AB seemingly perturbed and TD/MS squirming gave me some hope, but I guess it was just for show(false outrage).

I've been a fan of sports teams for a long time and can handle bad news from the F/O...ok to make mistakes, just admit it. I'm insulted right now.

TD needs to find a gem.

Jeez bro.

easier said than done

If Thomas D.were a contestant on these TV shows here's what he would probably do given my impression of his big moves at this point in time :

The Price is Right : "He'd Bid One Dollar!"

Wheel Of Fortune : "He WOULD NOT BUY A VOWEL!"

Deal or No Deal : "He'd take the first cheap banker offer he got!".

Our big splashes as Falcons fan were signing players who may or may not have gotten things done but were already Falcons to begin with I guess, not to mention losing developed players who the Falcons drafted and showing no interest whatsoever toward improving the team by signing some VETERAN players who can get the job done.

I guess improving the team is not top priority number one for Arthur Blank, getting a "BLANK STADIUM" must be.Business is easy for people who are rich I guess.

My poor butt is going to have to rely on HOPE because the powers that be don't want to do nothing to improve the team. It really sucks being a fan sometimes!

Me and my boy at work, are always making this joke that the Falcons shop at the water front mission of NFL players.But other then that I have no expectations for this team, not gonna lie I feel like Randy Quaid off of Major League.

Honestly I get what your saying, I was thinking some things along the same lines. It' comical what the Falcons are doing and heart breaking at the same time as a fan. I can see TD saying something along the lines in that move Major League saying "What's His Religion" and Mike Smith Saying "Voodoo". laugh.png

But then again, in that movie that team made the playoffs. So it's a no win. I feel your point though.

I'm realistic about the situation and expected TD/AB/MS to basically re-sign our F/A and hopefully a significant upgrade.

After hearing the presser with AB seemingly perturbed and TD/MS squirming gave me some hope, but I guess it was just for show(false outrage).

I've been a fan of sports teams for a long time and can handle bad news from the F/O...ok to make mistakes, just admit it. I'm insulted right now.

OK, tell me, who are they going to sign, who's left? Who can fill the needs which us Falcons fans can see that have watched them for years?

That's not a knock on you at all, I just asking a question here? Basement Bargain players are what they are. Hope is a good thing, but I am tired of hope as a Falcons fan, I want results!

Yeah, I was on the parade band wagon for P. Jerry last season, I thought it was his time, but I realize now he got paid so why should he waste his time playing for a team where the front office is only going to improve the team by bargain hunting and being a one playoff game and lose franchise?

Sorry if I come across like a jerk but that's just my opinion. No offense meant.

I picked up that too, particuliary AB's negative comments about the protection afforded MR.

Hey, TD signed Manuwai, hopefully that's not the extent of his OL upgrade or we may be in for a long season.

Well said and I agree. As you said, even the great coaches will be quick to point out that if you want to win a championship, you gotta have the horses. Right now the Falcons do not exhibit much concern about adding any thoroughbreds to the stable.

Agreed. Depth is key in making a Super Bowl run (see: Giants, Packers). However, stars are what win you the darn thing. Giants wouldn't have won without Eli, Bradshaw, Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, JPP, Tuck, Canty, Phillips, and about 4 other really good players (the CBs, Rolle, Boley). Right now we can't come close to rivaling that roster. Our best pass rusher would be 4th best in NY, maybe 5th best if Kiwanuka was used properly. Our best safety would be 3rd best there as well, maybe 4th if you count Ross as a safety and not CB/S although he started at both. TD was director of college scouting, which may explain why he has this wrong: free agency money is for difference-makers, draft picks after the 2nd round are for depth. He uses FA money on depth and tries to get a starter at a new position each round in the draft.

That. will. never. work. We take so many late round OLs and DBs hoping they will become starters and they are never good enough. Jerry Reese rarely makes FA acquisitions, but when he does he gets a true starter and difference maker: DT Chris Canty, WLB Michael Boley, S Antrel Rolle, TE Martellus Bennett.

We opted to resign: Kroy Biermann, Thomas DeCoud, Harry Douglas, Chris Redman, and bring in old Lofa Tatupu and Vince Manuwai.

You guys are getting frustrated because you have no understanding of how to go about building a winner. How many super bowl winners have been build around a philosophy of spending big on elite FA's?

With very few exceptions, the consistently successful teams in the NFL are NOT built through expensive top FA additions. With a $120m cap for 53+ players and with top players (and some good but not great ones lke MW) fetching $15m a season, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you can only afford so many players at that level, before you run out of cap room.

The good teams build via the draft. It's a lottery, but it's also much cheaper and lower risk, with gives greater rewards when you do strike gold and find great players. Hoard picks (to increase your chances of finding gems) and use the, to build for the longer term.

We passed on the best opportunities to find the next great DE and OT in the draft, when we traded for Julio Jones. I'd you supported the decisions to trade for Julio then you really have no grounds at all to complain. Stand by the move you supported and live with the consequences of it.

A lot of these teams are just swapping players and paying them more money. If you really value the player who belongs to you, you will find a way to re-sign him. TD has done that. I mean, the bears just signed Eric Weems..really? Throw money at Weems?..he's a marginal player at best, but someone in that organizaton thinks he can make a difference on their team. He is tremendous at making fair catches however..

That has seemed to be the epitome of the Cleveland Browns for sooo many years! That is why they have a strong fan base. All they can do is hope...

How many positions on an NFL team could you get away with intentionally starting mediocre talent and still winning? You can't drop a big paycheck on every position you think you have an issue with; if we signed a player like Mario to the kind of contract it would have taken to get him away from the Bills and he didn't average his best year as Texan for that entire contract we'd have blown every inch of cap room we'd need to re-sign critical players down the road on a guy that couldn't do it all by himself. We have to add through bargains our coaching staff can do more with than their previous coaching staffs and what draft picks we have or we could be financially crippled and unable to improve during Ryan and Julio's prime.