If We Got Lofton Back We Could Have A Decent 3-4

The only thing we would be missing fro ma true 3-4 is that huge NT.

I honestly really like that line up you have for certain situations. I do not know about running it ALL the time but in the right situations it would me very very tough to block.

i agree. a brute NT is a huge key in running a successful 3-4 scheme

Yah that's a good point. Spoon would actually give you a little more vesatility from one of the MLB than Lofton would.

idk i still think i would like him at olb. But i mean if our best guy on the inside is gunna be akeem dent.........im willing to move him inside

idk i still think i would like him at olb. But i mean if our best guy on the inside is gunna be akeem dent.........im willing to move him inside

Spoon will play on the inside he will be our Willis or Lewis of the defense because like both of them at they best he can do it all. Cover, Blitz and stuff the run. But with no true NT and no true pass rushing olb our D will still suck.

There are a few pick ups I'd like to see to run a 3-4 or a hybrid of it.

LB London Fletcher - yea he's old but he can still bring it if we can't get Curtis back at least as a stop gap.

DE Adam Carriker - Dude is huge @ 315 pounds. He's a perfect big bodied DE for a 3-4 and had 5.5 sacks last year for the Skins

OLB/DE Aaron Maybin - Solid depth signing for both positions

That would bring our lineup to this

DE - Edwards DT - Peters maybe? DE - Carriker with Sidbury/Maybin rotating.

OLB - Spoon ILB - Tatupu ILB - Fletcher OLB Beirman/Nicholas

We would still need that space eating DT, but these signings would give us a lot of depth on the DL and in the LB corps.