I Hate To Do This But ... Mike Wallace

Kizu_7

ok I want to start off by saying Julio is a physical freak, and I think he'll end up being a stud... but with a talent like mike Wallace available for a 1st rounder (yes Pitt can match, but they don't have much cap room to play with). I wonder if we may have been better off with him. hindsight is 20-20 of course, but I thought it'd make for an interesting discussion

Guest Gritz

C'mon brother....With both of our lines having the combined strength of the Olsen twins you wanna start talking about Mike Wallace?

C'mon brother....With both of our lines having the combined strength of the Olsen twins you wanna start talking about Mike Wallace?

haha I know I know ... but it is so rare to see someone like this available, I bet Pitt is having nervous fits

We already have a rare specimen in Julio Jones. We don't need Mike Wallace. Harry Douglas is a cheaper version of him. We just signed HD because we want to get him more looks. Bringing in Mike Wallace (for a first none the less), would decrease the touches HD sees, thus making his signing completely stupid and pointless. Let's shore up the trenches, and move on from there.

I wish people would read the first post instea of just the title. I was posing a what if - had we not traded for Julio and instead gotten Wallace this year, how would people feel about that. it is just fun speculation, no real implications ... so stop with the degradation ... word to your mother

Guest Gritz

haha I know I know ... but it is so rare to see someone like this available, I bet Pitt is having nervous fits

I'm playin' with ya. Most of you guys aren't old enough, but to keep this Falcon-related Wallace reminds me of probably the fastest receiver the Falcons ever had, Michael Haynes.....Dayum he was fast....7th rounder...led the league in yards per catch in '91....He was our version of Colston.

I wish people would read the first post instea of just the title. I was posing a what if - had we not traded for Julio and instead gotten Wallace this year, how would people feel about that. it is just fun speculation, no real implications ... so stop with the degradation ... word to your mother

It's hard to stop with the degradation when someone plays the what if. What if, I was a billionaire? What if Matt Ryan breaks 17 bones in his body in an ATV accident...You can't base things off of what ifs. What if, we didn't draft Julio, and we kept our first round pick for this year? We'd be looking to trade up still to get better in the trenches. Mike Wallace would still be Mike Wallace, and the Steelers would still match the offer. Happy?

I'm playin' with ya. Most of you guys aren't old enough, but to keep this Falcon-related Wallace reminds me of probably the fastest receiver the Falcons ever had, Michael Haynes.....Dayum he was fast....7th rounder...led the league in yards per catch in '91....He was our version of Colston.

I hope jj develops into such a guy. You always have to account for a guy who can take the ball to the end zone on each play

It's hard to stop with the degradation when someone plays the what if. What if, I was a billionaire? What if Matt Ryan breaks 17 bones in his body in an ATV accident...You can't base things off of what ifs. What if, we didn't draft Julio, and we kept our first round pick for this year? We'd be looking to trade up still to get better in the trenches. Mike Wallace would still be Mike Wallace, and the Steelers would still match the offer. Happy?

ah, yeah I'd hate to have fun speculating ... I'd much rather sit around and pout about not signing nicks and Williams, those discussions are so much more enjoyable. relax, it's an online forum about football ...

Didn't mean to make you feel degraded by any means. Mike Wallace is a dang good wr and if we weren't already so gifted there, he would be worth the pick up.

Didn't mean to make you feel degraded by any means. Mike Wallace is a dang good wr and if we weren't already so gifted there, he would be worth the pick up.

don't think twice about it man, this topic is just for fun to help alleviate some of this negative energy today lol. I just thought it'd be fun to speculate and see all the flaming ... I think had we not traded up, Wallace would be on the atl radar this year

Guest Gritz

I hope jj develops into such a guy. You always have to account for a guy who can take the ball to the end zone on each play

Truth be told I am more excited about Julio Jones being a Falcon than I can remember since....probably Vick and Deion. It's been a long time since we had a guy who was a threat to take it to the house every time he touched the ball.

Very exciting player.

I love this kid.

Truth be told I am more excited about Julio Jones being a Falcon than I can remember since....probably Vick and Deion. It's been a long time since we had a guy who was a threat to take it to the house every time he touched the ball.

Very exciting player.

I love this kid.

agreed, I'm equally excited about his sheer athleticism ... AJ green is excellent but Julio is such a physical freak, I'm glad we ended up with him

ah, yeah I'd hate to have fun speculating ... I'd much rather sit around and pout about not signing nicks and Williams, those discussions are so much more enjoyable. relax, it's an online forum about football ...

I knew that we didn't have the cap space to sign either of them, thus I never cared about getting either player. Getting a top notch WR does not and will NEVER win a team a championship. Those are won in the trenches. If you were to replace Pouncey with Wallace, then I would say absolutely do it.

I knew that we didn't have the cap space to sign either of them, thus I never cared about getting either player. Getting a top notch WR does not and will NEVER win a team a championship. Those are won in the trenches. If you were to replace Pouncey with Wallace, then I would say absolutely do it.

There are 136 million reasons that say different lol. I do understand what you're saying though, oline is huge ... especially with players like jpp comin at them. I just thought it was a fun idea to discuss - Wallace is sick! him and Julio, uncover able

This was dumb. Sorry bud but I had to say it. U hate to do this?? Then WHY DID YOU. (Thats me yelling at you)

eh, why not ... got some attention away from all the negativity. I just hate that some people think its useful to complain about things said on an Internet message board ... really, where do they get off ;)