Smh..so Many Crybabies On This Board

It happens every single year..We let the first wave of big name free agents go and this board goes crazy like we not gonna do anything at all. Some folks never learn. Put all your eggs into one basket like buffalo just did to a player who missed 11 games last year, NO THANKS!!!! Mario williams is good, but not worth 50 mil gaurenteed.. Get your panties out of a bunch people. TD and blank are committed to winning and will make moves. Be patient for pete sakes...

Guest Gritz

My problems with the way things currently stand with the Falcons has absolutely nothing to do with our lack of early activity in free agency.

I wish it was that simple.

No, my problem and deeper concern is that Dimitroff hasn't drafted or picked up through free agency an impactful line player since he has been here....and that's where our greatest problems are...on the lines.

Guest Gritz

I've just learned to accept the fact that I am more knowledgeable than everyone else on this message board.

That's maybe my favorite post I've read on here in a month or two....

But I've had a couple of drinks too so don't go by me.

Guest Gritz

care to share Gritz. i need a drink or two after listening to these complainers.

What'll ya have?

I made myself a couple of Jack Daniels and Cokes.....

Yessirree.

A couple of points if I may...

1) Do people realize that starting soon teams are going to have spend to the salary floor? (90% of the cap I believe) Lots of overpaying going on.

2) Are people more upset because of our lack of activity, or because of the activity within the division and around the league?

I'm not super excited that we haven't pursued certain guys, but I think a little perspective is warranted.

js

No offense, but creating a thread crying about all the crybabies, makes you a crybaby. Sorry man.

No doubt people, even myself, are guilty of hyperbole and overreaction. But there are just as many threads and posts whining about the whining. It's the internet, it's the offseason after another humiliating playoff loss, that's going to ratchet up the level of outrage.

Guest Gritz

No offense, but creating a thread crying about all the crybabies, makes you a crybaby. Sorry man.

No doubt people, even myself, are guilty of hyperbole and overreaction. But there are just as many threads and posts whining about the whining. It's the internet, it's the offseason after another humiliating playoff loss, that's going to ratchet up the level of outrage.

I just want to warn you that if you keep displaying this level of logic and intelligence you are going to be my write-in vote for President of the United States.

My problems with the way things currently stand with the Falcons has absolutely nothing to do with our lack of early activity in free agency.

No, my problem and deeper concern is that Dimitroff hasn't drafted or picked up through free agency an impactful line player since he has been here....and that's where our greatest problems are...on the lines.

Totally agree, by now we should have one of the best lines in the NFL but sadly we don't.

It shouldn't surprise non of us really,that the falcons haven't signed no big name free agents.It seems non of the big atlanta teams want to spend any money on getting a big name player here in atlanta.

Who is the biggest star to sign with the hawks?

Who is the biggest star to sign with the braves?

Who is the biggest star to sign with the falcons?

Now I know breaking the bank won't make you a over night success,"look what the eagles did last year" but we do have holes that need to be filled and waiting for the draft to fill them holes won't help us in the first year and might not in the second.We need some players that can produce and help us win now,and draft for the future like it's suppose to be.

Guest Gritz

It's funny how none of you are NFL GMs...

So I guess we should just shut down this message board since it was set up for discussion about the Falcons....

or maybe sign up for your virtual Falcon Cheerleading Camp?

It's funny how none of you are NFL GMs...

U may not be but I am. I took matt ryan and edited his throwing power to 99, I picked up darren mcfadden and darell revis for a 5th and a 6th by putting the awareness to 0. Then I picked up Shaun Ohare, gave him ten points to everything and won a superbowl. Its not hard you just have to know what ur doing. Ive been a gm for hundreds of teams every year.

It shouldn't surprise non of us really,that the falcons haven't signed no big name free agents.It seems non of the big atlanta teams want to spend any money on getting a big name player here in atlanta.

Who is the biggest star to sign with the hawks?

Who is the biggest star to sign with the braves?

Who is the biggest star to sign with the falcons?

Now I know breaking the bank won't make you a over night success,"look what the eagles did last year" but we do have holes that need to be filled and waiting for the draft to fill them holes won't help us in the first year and might not in the second.We need some players that can produce and help us win now,and draft for the future like it's suppose to be.

The Braves are owned by a company that refuses to spend money on them.

The Falcons have a owner willing to spend money but can't spend wildly because of this little thing called the salary cap.

What's the Hawks excuse?

Guest TheIdowu

This is my ONLY issue with the organization as a whole. I am not with the whole "sky is falling, gloom and doom" crowd seeking big name FA splashes and pipe dreams. I just want us to fix both lines. . . . .that is all. We are set, in my opinion, outside of the lines. We have the coaching staff, the skill positions are set, solid role players. Other than this, there may be some tweaks here and there, but we need to fix the lines.

Great post, Gritz!!!

I, too, am not concerned about our lack of early FA activity. JUST FIX THE LINES

This is my ONLY issue with the organization as a whole. I am not with the whole "sky is falling, gloom and doom" crowd seeking big name FA splashes and pipe dreams. I just want us to fix both lines. . . . .that is all. We are set, in my opinion, outside of the lines. We have the coaching staff, the skill positions are set, solid role players. Other than this, there may be some tweaks here and there, but we need to fix the lines.

Great post, Gritz!!!

I, too, am not concerned about our lack of early FA activity. JUST FIX THE LINES

Agreed