Report: Denver, Titans Want John Abraham

falcon057

Report: Denver, Titans want John Abraham

March, 15, 2012

Mar 15

3:31

By Bill Williamson

NFL Network is reporting that the Denver Broncos and the Tennessee Titans are not just competing for Peyton Manning, but also for Atlanta pass-rusher John Abraham.

AbrahamAbraham will turn 34 in May, but he can still be effective. He had 9.5 sacks last season. He is a consistent pass-rusher who has 112 sacks in 12 NFL season. He's reached double-digits in sacks in three of the past five seasons.

Adding Abraham to a pass-rush that includes Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil would give Denver one of the very best pass-rushes in the NFL.

In other AFC West news:

NFL Network is reporting the 49ers will sign Oakland special teams ace Rock Cartwright, pending a physical. Cartwright was a pivotal part of the Raiders’ locker room. The loss would sting some.

In addition to visiting with former St. Louis cornerback Ronald Bartell on Thursday, the Raiders are showing a lot of interest in New Orleans cornerback Tracy Porter. That makes total sense. He played for new Oakland head coach Dennis Allen in New Orleans. Porter is visiting Cincinnati. Expect the Raiders to expires interest in several cornerbacks. It’s their biggest need area.

I hope Denver or Tenn. gets Abe - we need to let the 34yr old go...

I like Abe, I do and we can need him but he is 34 and he will be 35 by next season starts, I say lets give Sid a chance and if that doesn't pan out, well we will try Cliff.

I like Abe, I do and we can need him but he is 34 and he will be 35 by next season starts, I say lets give Sid a chance and if that doesn't pan out, well we will try Cliff.

Biermann is the only proven player. I think he will get the nod over cliff or sid.

Biermann is the only proven player. I think he will get the nod over cliff or sid.

I think that would be a huge mistake to start Kroy over Sid, Sid had 4 sacks with way less playing time and Kroy only had 2.5 with way more playing time. We have a bigger chance in gaining a pass rusher with Sid then we will with Kroy imo.

Guest TheIdowu

Honestly, I thought Abe would have been gone after the 2010 season. We definitely should rid ourselves of him now. Let him walk, I say!

Cool thing about Denver

</h1>

<h1> Von Miller will “play for free” to get Peyton Manning, Mario Williams in Denver

Posted Wed Mar 14th by Monty

Judging by his Twitter account, Von Miller is just likes us — a big Denver Broncos fan. He just happens to play for the team.

Miller wrote a number of tweets Wednesday evening proclaiming his desire for the Broncos to sign free agent pass rusher Mario Williams and quarterback Peyton Manning. Saying “Super Bowls are priceless”, he even offered to “play for free.”

How scary would that be if we got Mario Williams? Lebron, dwade, and bosh did it..

I would take a huge pay cut to get Mario Williams and Peyton Manning! I just want to win!!!

Mario and Manning = I will play this season for free, super bowls are priceless!!!

And in case you read Miller’s campaign for Manning as a slight to his teammate and current QB Tim Tebow, the league’s reigning Defensive Rookie of the Year was quick to address that too:

I’m “positive” Tim wouldn’t mind competing with Peyton… “We” all could learn something from Mr. Manning.

— Von Miller (@MillerLite40)

The old saying goes, “You can’t buy championships,” but a pass rush that fearsome and a quarterback that elite would be a hard combination to beat. Are you with Miller? Do you want the Broncos to splurge on the NFL’s top two free agents or continue the practiced patience it employed last year?

I don't see Abe signing with Denver. What's he going to be, the 3rd guy behind Dumervil and Miller? I doubt he gets his "$12 million a year" for that.

I'd actually like him back, but I don't see him getting much money. Maybe $6 million for one year.

Now I'm down for giving him a $12 million incentive if he can get 18 sacks in a year, which stipulates he gets at least 2 in each division game, and even more if he can get 2 per playoff game.

Let him go.

How many of those sacks he's getting are against swiss cheese O-Lines versus competent ones, after all?

He's 34 and above average, at best, if we're being honest with ourselves. May as well cut the ties, put Sid in to start with the new DC, and see what develops.

And which of our other DEs did anything against those same swiss cheese lines?

I don't see Abe signing with Denver. What's he going to be, the 3rd guy behind Dumervil and Miller? I doubt he gets his "$12 million a year" for that.

I'd actually like him back, but I don't see him getting much money. Maybe $6 million for one year.

Now I'm down for giving him a $12 million incentive if he can get 18 sacks in a year, which stipulates he gets at least 2 in each division game, and even more if he can get 2 per playoff game.

Miller is linebacker... Abe will play opposite Dumervil