Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

# Imd Discussions #

241 posts in this topic

You do realize that the Chargers who were after us are inactive so we essentially just took their pick time. For the 10th time, whoever you choose to blame is just semantics, but an active owner who had a trade vs. the 15 inactive owners.....I'd be careful not to make it 16 inactive teams :)

Oui its like Desperate Housewives over here. Focus on looking at the list of GMs and seeing if there are any possible inactive GM's left we will have to deal with. Otherwise, beginning with the 2nd round things should be smoother as everyone has picked up an inactive GM's team.

Kennesaw77 likes this

I've never seen so many people feel the need to say something, but hey different times I guess.

Go back to older IMDs if you can, I've made way more controversial trades than a swap of team's franchise QBs. And way more trades too before Robb put in the player trade limit :(

Any GM willing to accept this trade proposal for the purpose of "stockpiling draft picks" ??

Pick #22 -- in exchange for a late-mid 2nd, 5th, and 6th

Let me know if you are.

Any GM willing to accept this trade proposal for the purpose of "stockpiling draft picks" ??

Pick #22 -- in exchange for a late-mid 2nd, 5th, and 6th

Let me know if you are.

Only a difference of about 400 points or so...

everyone has picked up an inactive GM's team.

Who has the Cardinals and has Green Bay (T.Mays) been active at all?

I've PM'd the Green Bay GM, but I haven't seen him on here for a while.

He made posts for the trade block, etc. What does it say on his profile as the last time on?

Draft Observation:

Andre Johnson and Alshon Jeffrey

AJ Green and Michael Floyd

Scary

Not to sound boastful or anything, but I'm confident that I have created one of the scariest offenses in the NFL.

Nah - in another IMD-style draft I'm doing, the Bengals had McFadden, Fitzgerald, Green, Gresham and Nicks to go with Whitworth and Smith on the line.

Of course, he had no draft picks left at the end, but it was awesome.

Nah - in another IMD-style draft I'm doing, the Bengals had McFadden, Fitzgerald, Green, Gresham and Nicks to go with Whitworth and Smith on the line.

Of course, he had no draft picks left at the end, but it was awesome.

Well, that is a pretty nice set-up. I like what I've done thus far. I wanted to keep my draft picks to re-work the defense and I wanted to keep the offense relatively young.

Well, that is a pretty nice set-up. I like what I've done thus far. I wanted to keep my draft picks to re-work the defense and I wanted to keep the offense relatively young.

Oh don't worry - I love what you've done. You desperately need guard help but you've got the 2nd and 2x3rds, and in addition to your loaded skill positions you've got the best front four in football on D. Pity safety is so shallow in this draft, otherwise you could have a Madden-esque team.

BTW, why do you have Skuta starting over Moch?

Oh don't worry - I love what you've done. You desperately need guard help but you've got the 2nd and 2x3rds, and in addition to your loaded skill positions you've got the best front four in football on D. Pity safety is so shallow in this draft, otherwise you could have a Madden-esque team.

BTW, why do you have Skuta starting over Moch?

Yeah, I was kinda' forced to take Barron, because the drop-off after him is absurd. I still think Barron is a 1st round talent though, but I had to value him over other players.

My starters aren't set in stone yet, but Skuta was the starting SLB before the Manny Lawson signing last season and Moch missed most of the season with migraines, but I do expect a position battle between the two of them going into camp.

Yeah, I was kinda' forced to take Barron, because the drop-off after him is absurd. I still think Barron is a 1st round talent though, but I had to value him over other players.

At safety I've got a top 40 player (Barron), two 3rd rounders (Harrison Smith and Markele Martin) and then no-one I'd touch before the 5th (Iloka, Brandon Taylor, Janzen Jackson maybe). In a pool that shallow, I don't blame you for passing up some value for a need.

Can't believe i just stole Peter Konz in the 2nd round, i've got Kalil and Konz protecting Ponder so far, and i like it.

Thats great value there.

Can't believe i just stole Peter Konz in the 2nd round, i've got Kalil and Konz protecting Ponder so far, and i like it.

Not sure - Sullivan's a good centre and he's under contract until 2017. I'm not sure Konz is the best guard available (Osemele/Silatolu).

I like the value, just not for Minnesota. Think I might have gone Worthy in an attempt to re-create the Williams wall. I appreciate you're in an awkward spot though.

Not sure - Sullivan's a good centre and he's under contract until 2017. I'm not sure Konz is the best guard available (Osemele/Silatolu).

I like the value, just not for Minnesota. Think I might have gone Worthy in an attempt to re-create the Williams wall. I appreciate you're in an awkward spot though.

Yea i know what u mean, but Herrara sucks and Hutchinson & Sullivan are old, and i believe in building the lines first. To me, Konz was the BPA. I considered d-line as well, but i wanted to build a promising young line to grow with Ponder, something the falcons failed to do with Ryan.

Yea i know what u mean, but Herrara sucks and Hutchinson & Sullivan are old, and i believe in building the lines first. To me, Konz was the BPA. I considered d-line as well, but i wanted to build a promising young line to grow with Ponder, something the falcons failed to do with Ryan.

I agree your guards suck, but Sullivan is 26. Hardly old. I just don't like Konz's strength (or lack thereof) at guard in a angle scheme.

I like what I've done so far with the Eagles. But, then again, who doesn't like what they've done? LOL

I traded Asante Samuel for Dunta Robinson due to scheme fit while also swapping my 2.14 pick for the 1.30 pick.

I got Stephen Tulloch & Zach Brown in there at MLB & OLB now, respectively. I'm moving Jamar Chaney back to the outside as well. I think Chaney can be a **** of an OLBer, but he was a little undersized for MLB, especially when it came to handling the running game.

At DE, I still have Babin & Cole signed long term, of course, but I also drafted Mercilus to keep such a premium position stocked with talent. Graham not only tore his ACL in 2010, but he also ended up having microfracture surgery...hopefully he can play up to that first round potential, but who knows at this point? Mercilus, Tapp & Graham along with Babin & Cole is deadly, in my opinion. Even though Babin & Cole are signed long term, let's not forget that Cole is about to be 30 & Babin is already 32. While they have yet to show their age at this point, injuries do occur. Considering what else was on the board at pick #30, I thought Mercilus made a lot of sense given his value.

With #31, I had to pick Kevin Zeitler to replace Evan Mathis, a solid young OG that I lost via FA. I now have two young OG's that I should be able to count on for a long time to keep Vick healthy.

Lastly, I acquired Reggie Nelson at FS to improve the safety position. I'm going to try and let the younger guys sort out the SS position themselves over camp. Afterall, the Eagles have invested heavily in the draft over the past couple of years in regards to the safety position. Jaiquawn Jarrett was drafted in the 2nd round in last year's draft, for instance. Therefore, I think it's best to be patient and not reach for, say, a Harrison Smith in the first round.

Having a quality, proven safety in Nelson back there should help those younger guys improve. I'm counting on his experience to really make a difference back there.