Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

# Imd Discussions #

241 posts in this topic

Wow, Tannehill at 4?

I mean, I like him more than most but that's still a reach. Surely at least trade down and take him at 9 - I'm sure Carolina would have given a 2nd to get Claiborne opposite Gamble.I suppose they could have been worried about Washington or Miami but this still seems odd.

So, they've turned Andrew Luck into Tannehill, #22 and a 3rd. I'm glad I got the other end of that deal.

if he wanted him he had to take him at that point unless someone would have wanted to move up.. i also think not having a carolina gm hurts here.

I am very confident that Tannehill will be a very good NFL QB. He compares to Matt Ryan, with better athleticism, speed, feet, arm, and pocket mobility.

I am very confident that Tannehill will be a very good NFL QB. He compares to Matt Ryan, with better athleticism, speed, feet, arm, and pocket mobility.

yeah i like tannehill a lot as well. he isn't a bad pick at all, just went earlier than some expect. however it's easy to see why.

He'll be a top 10 pick no doubt. The Colts had no choice if you ask me.

The Colts roster is a Blackhole of talent. They need legit NFL players not the scrubs that litter half their roster.

I traded the #1 to get the Colts a total of three high quality players instead of just one, while also nabbing the QB that I preferred of the top-3 QBs in the draft. As good as RGIII and Luck are, and will likely be in the NFL, I don't believe that Tannehill is any less than they are in his own way.

The trade put me exactly where I wanted the Colts to be to get him.

The Colts roster is a Blackhole of talent. They need legit NFL players not the scrubs that litter half their roster.

I'm with you there, but you were the one who let Wayne, Mathis and Freeney walk away for peanuts. I'm not sure how many third round picks measure up to those three players, even if they are aging.

I traded the #1 to get the Colts a total of three high quality players instead of just one, while also nabbing the QB that I preferred of the top-3 QBs in the draft. As good as RGIII and Luck are, and will likely be in the NFL, I don't believe that Tannehill is any less than they are in his own way.

Again, I'm not sure how many 3rd round picks are difference makers. And if you really prefer Tannehill to Luck, then good luck to you. It's certainly a unique viewpoint, and it's your team. I just disagree strongly that's all.

I'm with you there, but you were the one who let Wayne, Mathis and Freeney walk away for peanuts. I'm not sure how many third round picks measure up to those three players, even if they are aging.

Again, I'm not sure how many 3rd round picks are difference makers. And if you really prefer Tannehill to Luck, then good luck to you. It's certainly a unique viewpoint, and it's your team. I just disagree strongly that's all.

Personally, with the hype Luck has gotten over the last 2 years, and given that he's going to replace Manning in Indy, I don't think there is any way he's going to live up to expectations. He may still be an extremely good QB, but he basically needs to be one of the 5 best of all time to live up to his hype. I'm not convinced that Indy would not be better off trading down, even knowing that RG III is going #1. I just would have tried to get a little further down if I was targeting Tannehill, but overall, I think it might be the best move Indy could make.

Are GMs being pm'd when they're on the clock? I know it's in the rules but I'm curious if people are following the rule.

Washington's time has now elapsed - so let's try and get a consensus on who they should be allocated.My first instinct is Claiborne to pair with Hall and move Josh Wilson to nickel.

Richardson doesn't make sense with Shanahan preferring late round RBs, they don't need a 5 tech or pass rusher, too early for Kuechly, no QB's left, and I've got Claiborne as a much higher rated player than Reiff or Martin. I think the only other possibility is Michael Floyd, but again Claiborne is BPA over him.

Do people agree - and should he be given to them?