Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

# I M D Draft Picks Thread #

371 posts in this topic

Great value. I'd be shocked to see him fall past 20 IRL.

I was starting to think he might actually make it to 37 (STL/MIN/TB don't need help there)

Curses - and I bet Philly takes my other guy too

I was starting to think he might actually make it to 37 (STL/MIN/TB don't need help there)

Curses - and I bet Philly takes my other guy too

Was Zeitler your "other guy"?

I had to get an OG to replace Evan Mathis.

It's annoying having to sieve through non-related posts in here - keep that in the discussion topic and just leave the draft picks in this thread. Without further ado,

With the final pick of the first round, the New York Giants select:

Mike-Adams-Marshall.jpg

Mike Adams OT Ohio State

With the 4th pick of the 2nd round, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Lavonte David, LB, Nebraska

The Cleveland Browns are on the clock until 5:00.

With the 37th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns

select:

41cobyfleener.jpg

Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

Scouting Report

A tall, athletically put together tight end with a leaner frame, but has the ability to add more girth as he matures. Is natural sitting into his stance. Fires off the ball low and doesn't waste any motion getting into his routes. Does a nice job exploding off the line and can get into his routes quickly. Is a good straight-line athlete when asked to run vertically down the field. However, it's his savvy that really makes him a tough cover. Knows how to use a subtle head/shoulder fake in order to set up defenders and does a nice job changing gears as well. Accelerates quickly down the field, tracks the football well and is coordinated enough to adjust. Also, displays good fluidity and balance on his sharply breaking routes. Stems his route well, is sudden/quick footed in tight areas and displays burst out of his breaks. Does a nice job using his strong hands and long arms well in order to separate vs. defenders who want to get physical. Likes to use their momentum against them as he gets them off balance and accelerates toward space. Finds soft spots well underneath and isn't afraid to work the middle of the field.

Isn't used a ton as an in-line guy in the run game. More of a motion/move tight end who looks natural in space pulling into the second level and hitting a moving target. Doesn't do a great job breaking down however, gets a bit overextend at times into blocks, but can reach defenders off his frame. Has the ability to gain leverage in the run game, but currently lacks the great strength in his lower half at this stage to routinely get a push. However, his strength should improve with time. Displays natural balance in pass protection on the rare occasions they do keep him in and can hold his own reaching the corner and anchoring initially with some consistency on the edge when helping with the double

Impression: An impressive pass catcher who can win both down the field and underneath vs. man coverage. Has the frame and flexibility to develop into a solid blocker as well and looks like a future starting caliber NFL TE.

The Washington Redskins are now on the clock. (PM sent)

With the 12th pick in the second round, the Seattle Seahawks select; Kirk Cousins - QB; Michigan State.

I have no idea who to PM since I thought KC was behind me, but they just made a pick.

Dallas is 13 and next on the clock, I'll assume the picks you both just made won't interfere with each other and we'll move on. FYI for everyone, the draft order is posted on page 1 of this thread, I have just finished updating it and am sending it to SacFalcFan to put on there for everyone to use.

Dallas is 13 and next on the clock, I'll assume the picks you both just made won't interfere with each other and we'll move on. FYI for everyone, the draft order is posted on page 1 of this thread, I have just finished updating it and am sending it to SacFalcFan to put on there for everyone to use.

thanks for the help man.. i updated the list with what you gave me. everyone i will do my best to update the draft list with each draft pick.. thanks very much.