Did Td Miss Judge The Market On Curtis Lofton

THE ICEMAN

Not bring Lofton back I don't this it was Nolan not thinking he couldn't play in his Defense but rather that TD didn't think Lofton was worth 7-9 milion at the MLB position, i can't blame Td for that it would've been crazy to pay Lofton that kind of money but if Lofton ends up sining some where for 3.5 to 4 mil because it appears he isn't getting a ton intrest. I think TD may of made a huge mistake signing Talapu for 2 mil a year sure he was a probowl MLB at one time but that was like 4 years ago he just missed a full season and when last played he wasn't all that good anyway.

I'm just saying if Lofton signing some where for 4.5 to 5 mil just like everybody on here said he was worth and they didn't want to pay him it will be yet again another one of TD's huge mistakes this offseason.

Say what ypu want about Lfton not being able to cover he's still a Probowl caliber player

And if you watched the 49ers play Patrick Willis wasn't all that good in covrage either just ask Daren Sproles who had like 15 catches in that playoff game.

Edited by joe 1982

Not bring Lofton back I don't this it was Nolan not thinking he couldn't play in his Defense but rather that TD didn't think Lofton was worth 7-9 milion at the MLB position, i can't blame Td for that it would've been crazy to pay Lofton that kind of money but if Lofton ends up sining some where for 3.5 to 4 mil because it appears he isn't getting a ton intrest. I think TD may of made a huge mistake signing Talapu for 2 mil a year sure he was a probowl MLB at one time but that was like 4 years ago he just missed a full season and when last played he wasn't all that good anyway.

I'm just saying if Lofton signing some where for 4.5 to 5 mil just like everybody on here said he was worth and they didn't want to pay him it will be yet again another one of TD's huge mistakes this offseason.

Say what ypu want about Lfton not being able to cover he's still a Probowl caliber player

And if you watched the 49ers play Patrick Willis wasn't all that good in cover either just ask Daren Sproles who had like 15 catches in that playoff game.

Did you really say Willis isn't good in coverage because Sproles had 15 catches?

And if you watched the 49ers play Patrick Willis wasn't all that good in cover either just ask Daren Sproles who had like 15 catches in that playoff game.

really???

Lofton hasn't signed anywhere yet because TD as well as every other GM in the league know that he isn't worth 9mil. Signing Tatupu wasn't a bad move even if Lofton decides to lower his asking price and comes back. Lofton can stuff the run, Tatupu can cover TEs.

Wait--- did TD also get the rights to the Tatupu Time-Machine to get the pre-crippled version? Because in 2010, Tatupu couldn't have covered me.

That statement jumped out to me as well.

OP- if Lofton signs somewhere for 4-5 mil/year I think I will be in ATL.

agreed, why would he go somewhere new for what we'd be willing to pay him. That said, I say let him go, I think he's good, but not great in this type of passing league

DLed was asked on the radio where he thought the market for Lofton and Abe was and he answered $4-5M for Lofton and a Jason Taylor type incentivized $3-5M for Abe. Problem is their agents probably didn't get that memo so they will have to find out the hard way. Don't be surprised if they sign deals like that. Hopefully with us. We need both of em and could probably find a way to make it work.

P.S. - Lofton is better in coverage than many of yall think. Trust me.

DLed was asked on the radio where he thought the market for Lofton and Abe was and he answered $4-5M for Lofton and a Jason Taylor type incentivized $3-5M for Abe. Problem is their agents probably didn't get that memo so they will have to find out the hard way. Don't be surprised if they sign deals like that. Hopefully with us. We need both of em and could probably find a way to make it work.

that's what your avatar keeps telling me, but I dunno ...

Edited by Kizu_7

Yeah if anyone has miss judged the market its Lofton.

I think we see both of them come back at a reasonable price.

Lofton is not good in coverage ....therefore 3 and couple of miles converted consistently on Lofton's watch and the middle was always open to the pass or QB scramble.Lofton is not a 3 down LB..the only caveat would be the BVG scheme.

Seriously, I can't stand how everyone has the overall impression that Lofton is worthless in coverage. He has gotten better every season and will improve under Nolan. Everyone on here just bandwagons and piles up on certain players.

Seriously, I can't stand how everyone has the overall impression that Lofton is worthless in coverage. He has gotten better every season and will improve under Nolan. Everyone on here just bandwagons and piles up on certain players.

All anyone can do is speculate from what they have seen - as you, yourself are doing. I don't disagree that there is a possibility he can improve ... I just think at his price tag (the one in his mind) it's not worth the gamble.

NO

I not saying he is as bad as Lofton or not elite or not that he's even the best LB for that in coverage but you people are just crazy and don't watch football very much if really think the 49ers want let say him matched up on Jimmy Graham thats just stupid. I'm mean really come on the dude good but he's not big enough to cover a guy like Graham and well not CB can contain Sporles in Coverage.

If you watch football then you should know what makes Willis the best and it is his complete set of skills not just his coverage. So is he better than Lofton by far he is but lets not get to ahead of our selfs here you'all are making it like the man is Darrelle Revis in coverage.

He can't cover "elite" WR's,slot WR's,TE's or scat backs thats what I'm saying and niether can Lofton or really any LB's for that.

So if Curtis Lofton ends up signing some where for around 4 mil a year you telling me that a Probowl caliber LB like Lofton isn't worth that. when were paying guys like Ray Edwars and Dunta Robinson way more or even a guy who's been ? That the point I'm trying to make that there doesn't seem to be much of a market for Lfton and he may have to take a one year 4-5 mil deal because the teams that could use him don't have the cap space and with the cap number going way up next year he'll like take that rather than a low mult year deal.

I'm just saying that TD may of miss judged the market a little on Lofton but its still early so lets see if Lofon still is a FA in a week or so.

IMHO:

I think the contract Lofa signed is more back up money than starter money.

I think the signing was insurance as well as leverage against Lofton.

I don't think it was to push Lofton out, but to be prepared if he left.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lofton back. If he gets a realisitic offer and ATL matches it, it would make a lot more sense for him to stay put.

Wait--- did TD also get the rights to the Tatupu Time-Machine to get the pre-crippled version? Because in 2010, Tatupu couldn't have covered me.

The 2010 version also wouldn't have been blowing away people in workouts, as he apparently did here. Keep on trolling, trollie.

I think BigRob64 also was "bigcurt" "donkey" "ghost of donkey" among a variety of others. Such a repeat serial troll spends his time living in his parents basemen, eating doritos in his underwear, and doing rather unsavory things while staring at Hannah Montana posters. Simply pity him, then move on.

I not saying he is as bad as Lofton or not elite or not that he's even the best LB for that in coverage but you people are just crazy and don't watch football very much if really think the 49ers want let say him matched up on Jimmy Graham thats just stupid.

my eyes literally went crossed reading that