Other Teams That Haven't Been Active

SLEVEN

Add the Patriots as well, because the only made a minor signing...less than ATL has done even.

Really all of the playoff teams have sat back except Denver with Manning. Most playoff teams have worked more at keeping their talent.

Green Bay

San Fran (Moss)

New York

Atlanta (Totupu, Manuawai)

New Orleans

Detroit

New England (some DE I never heard of)

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Houston

Denver (trying for Manning)

Cincinatti

15-1 Packers - What do they even need?

12-3 Ravens - eh, who cares

10-6 Texans - See Packers

12-4 Steelers - HUGE cap problems

I'm not trying to be contentious, but I don't think this is an apples to apples sort of thing. Each team has very different needs, and right now is when the overpaying begins. I'd say a more sound point would be look at the teams that aren't overpaying and will likely pick up pieces on the cheap.

How many of those teams are in rapid decline, have been broomed in a humiliating fashion two years in a row in the first round of the playoffs, have several holes at key positions, and have relatively few draft picks?

All of them pretty much.

Even the giants need 3-4 startes on the back 7, They need depth at RB and they do not have a good back up qb.

The packers need LOTS of help on defense...as well as no back up qb and needs depth on the Oline.

The steelers gave up 300+ yards to TEBOW.................... and they have cut several defensive stallwards

Houston does not have a back up qb and they have a really brittle Starter. not to mention needing depth in the second round.

The saints just lost their best lineman and will probably have their defense gutted......... oh yeah they don't have a first round pick either

Pretty much EVERY playoff team has issues.

We have 5 picks now and will probably get 1-2 comp picks so we still very much can end up with a full draft worth of players.

15-1 Packers

12-3 Ravens

10-6 Texans

12-4 Steelers

All those teams will be on the favorites list to go to the superbowl before the start of next season, whether they make a move or not.

(except the Steelers - i think they are in serious decline, and i'm sure the "experts" will ride that story into next season. But they are so strapped for cap room, they cant make a move in FA.)

They all have 1st round picks and have solid lines.

Believe me, if we had a 1st round pick, and weren't losing our best pass rusher, I would be fine with not making moves.

We re-sign Abe, or grab a great Pass Rusher, and at least get the best LT or G available in FA, I'll feel better. I don't like putting a band aid on the OL, when we need a triple by-pass.

They all have 1st round picks and have solid lines.

Believe me, if we had a 1st round pick, and weren't losing our best pass rusher, I would be fine with not making moves.

We re-sign Abe, or grab a great Pass Rusher, and at least get the best LT or G available in FA, I'll feel better. I don't like putting a band aid on the OL, when we need a triple by-pass.

steelers have a great line???? reeeeeeaaaaaaalllly?

Guest Fibonacci

i think they are going to see what the new coaches can do with the players we have.

I am starting to wonder this.

I believe the money we do not move goes into next season, right? so next season we could go out and say, "yes we really need someone in this position". I know there was a lot of players who were not used correctly and did not get a proper shot. IMO I think there is going to be a lot of stars on this team. there is going to be a few players where we say "where has this guy been hiding". I am just going to sit back in my sit in the dome and grab a nice cold sprite and watch the awesome show.