Abraham Coming Back?

Well it is a testament to the talent on this team where pretty much all our FA signings are just signing our current players and they are pretty much the best FA's for there position.

People may freak cause we aren't getting NEW players but new isn't always better.

I see him finishing out as a rotational guy/veteran presence. Groom Kroy/Sid behind him, and keep him fresh

yeah, but you don't pay rotational guys $8 million a year......

If Falcons re-sign Abe for longer than two years and more than $6million in guarantees - it will be a bad contract for the Falcons. I hope and pray that Tennessee signs him.

They've already been "groomed". I'd just assume turn it over to them...

agreed. I really wanted to replace Abe with either Mario or Mincey - but that ship has sailed. I would rather go with the back-ups than an aging Abe who still thinks he is big money.

I still like Mark Anderson @ DE as well.

While I would be concerned with Sid starting at DE...I would also be excited to see it. The looks like he just wants to break out.

I would rather give Lofton 6-8M per season than Abraham honestly.

I'd rather have neither lol, someone said on NFLN yesterday, what good is a LB who can't play the pass - you won't be able to use him except on first down.

Guest Deisel

Abraham is Not worth more then $3.5-$4 per year. He is a rotational guy and Still takes plays off. He is long in the tooth, and like NE, let the older guys go, and go with Youth. Pay Lofton and draft, trade for a younger DE.

Abraham is Not worth more then $3.5-$4 per year. He is a rotational guy and Still takes plays off. He is long in the tooth, and like NE, let the older guys go, and go with Youth. Pay Lofton and draft, trade for a younger DE.

dude NE loves older players......Junior Seau, Zach Thomas, Andre Carter, Troy Brown....the list goes on forever.

the things i hear about sid are the same things i heard about kroy. im just not sold on the kid yet.

And Im not sold on a aging DE that's going to take away more playing time with some of our young DE's.

Edited by Skar

We ought to pay Abe on 2 yr deal at vet minimum ($800k) and then $750k per sack. If Abe gets 10 sacks, he gets paid $8,300,000. If Abe gets 14 sacks, he gets $11,300,000. Forced fumbles, those are worth $50k a pop.....

At 34yrs old, I don't think Abe can produce like a top D-End anymore. If he wants the chance to earn big money - then there it is - its there for you, but you are going to have to earn it - you are not getting a "lifetime achievement" award contract. This is a "put up or shut up" deal - wish everyone in NFL was paid this way - I know its not reality but its a pleasant fiction.

Go get get it, Abe........

And Im not sold on a aging DE that's going to take away more playing time with some of our young DE's.

if an aging de is taking away significant play time from the younger guys, then maybe the younger guys arent all that great to begin with. if the fo saw what some of you see in the younger guys, why bring back abe at all?

We ought to pay Abe on 2 yr deal at vet minimum ($800k) and then $750k per sack. If Abe gets 10 sacks, he gets paid $8,300,000. If Abe gets 14 sacks, he gets $11,300,000. Forced fumbles, those are worth $50k a pop.....

At 34yrs old, I don't think Abe can produce like a top D-End anymore. If he wants the chance to earn big money - then there it is - its there for you, but you are going to have to earn it - you are not getting a "lifetime achievement" award contract. This is a "put up or shut up" deal - wish everyone in NFL was paid this way - I know its not reality but its a pleasant fiction.

Go get get it, Abe........

BOOM! draw it up TD

if an aging de is taking away significant play time from the younger guys, then maybe the younger guys arent all that great to begin with. if the fo saw what some of you see in the younger guys, why bring back abe at all?

Sid has 4 sacks and with barely playing time last season, yeah he sucks... the coaching staff just doesn't know how to use talent that's all.

Edited by Skar